PDA

View Full Version : Halo Mod for Iris Discussion

nexis2600
April 4th, 2006, 21:57
Yeah, Umm there is too much spam in my forums. :mad:

So I am cleaning things up abit. This is the official topic for the halo mod. Will be updated for release.

PS, I am posting under old nick since I dont want this in the news section of the main page.

dylanvv20
April 4th, 2006, 22:00
hey psmonkey, someone in the psp updates forums said something about...well this is what he said..."yea can't wait for it man although i wish he could of used the gfx from the dumped version but his look ok i guess=-)" what does this mean and would that look better for it?

Produkt
April 4th, 2006, 22:14
I'm guessing they are refering to the XBox version, I guess it would look nicer, but its also really illegal...

dylanvv20
April 4th, 2006, 22:16
I'm guessing they are refering to the XBox version, I guess it would look nicer, but its also really illegal...

ooo...eee...ahh....nvm then

pspvanquish
April 6th, 2006, 00:30
Would Microsoft really care that much i mean cmon were actually kinda helping them out by sort of letting them try outa demo of halo.

Zeemon
April 6th, 2006, 00:36
Would Microsoft really care that much i mean cmon were actually kinda helping them out by sort of letting them try outa demo of halo.
Yes, they REALLY care. They don't want their best seller going onto the competition's console! If you read the old topic, you'll see that the other guy that was trying to make this happen was told to stop from Microsoft. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19898

Darksaviour69
April 6th, 2006, 00:43
yeah they would mind... making you own version is one thing, but useing dump of the real version is another. also sony is a competition with MS, so they will not like that... there is a good chance of a cease and desist letter

pspvanquish
April 6th, 2006, 01:37
hmm well how bout a LOTR mod instead!! or is that not possible being that their swords not guns. well arrows are close. well if what im saying isnt possible, tell me please.

spiderjames
April 6th, 2006, 01:48
when will it be a out

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 02:07
Make a thread called LOTR iris mod discussion and we'll talk, pspvanquish...
Does anyone know the two guy's names originally making this? form what i know all they had was a menu and some Mastercheifs killing eachother... lol

PSPdemon
April 6th, 2006, 02:14

lol, no one looks in the psmonkey fourms that much do they :)

i started the whole thing, menu and all but got shutdown by microsoft.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 02:31
Why dont you make a Jelo mod then (pronounced hey lo) with the Olive colored Senoir Cheif... and the Illegal Aliens, Nicknamed the ark of the covenant (or covenant for short)....

COME ON!!! Microsoft hasnt copy righted Spanish, OR the bible :D

Zeemon
April 6th, 2006, 02:34
You'd be surprised.......:)

Produkt
April 6th, 2006, 02:44
The name halo cant be copyrighted either... same with the name "windows"

its funny microsoft always gets the names that they cant copyright :P

if xbox were written as x box... they wouldnt have been able to copyright it either :P

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 02:47
no no no... eggs box!!!

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 03:11
Here it is... ive already started!!!!

Kaiser
April 6th, 2006, 03:39

Nice :D

Shouldn't it be Macrohard? as "Macro" is the opposite of "Micro".

Cooe14
April 6th, 2006, 05:19
lol that was pretty funny, but you have to wonder what type of reputation a company called HugeHard would have? :rolleyes:

calebg
April 6th, 2006, 06:28
This Seems Racist Because Its Mecican And Its Really Crappy

spiderjames
April 7th, 2006, 00:26
what you just said is racist because that its your opinion

SSaxdude
April 7th, 2006, 03:05
What ever happened to freedom? Corporations don't have the right to push people around.

Zeemon
April 7th, 2006, 03:11
That, along with the freedom to murder....don't exist. :) They enjoy pushine people around!

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 02:14
too bad can't use dump........

spiderjames
April 8th, 2006, 03:25
psmonkey, can you how us a screen shot or something to show us wats goin on

Produkt
April 8th, 2006, 03:57
I dont know if you kids forgot, but monkey has no hand in the halo mod...

calebg
April 9th, 2006, 22:05
these kids are retarded

Dmill
April 10th, 2006, 05:10
so is this mod getting done or not i dont see the diff between this and star wars mod. i mean thats copyrighted too and since we already have battlefront 2...... i think halo is a much better candidate to get done.

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2006, 10:45
its not a mod!

behahwhoalalala
April 10th, 2006, 12:15
nice edit..... you can see how unreal that is.

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2006, 21:57
its not unreal its halo... theres a huge different between those two games... gosh..

robotdevil
April 11th, 2006, 18:42
LOL

Ooooooooooh, unreal tournament......on PSP......wifi.............oooooooooh

Seriously though, Unreal wouldn't be a bad idea. Hmm....perhaps I'll start a thread........

Produkt
April 11th, 2006, 21:10
We at Monkey Soft ltd. request that users refrain from creating mods based on recent games, we discourage such things because of the chance that they may be shut down for their IP Violations, wile we wont stop you, we will not encourage your effort but we will always offer support on creating content for Iris

Gnardog
April 12th, 2006, 01:10
monkey soft ltd.?
uhhh i dont know wheather to laugh or take it seriously... still sounds kinda funny tho...
heh...monkey soft...heh

Produkt
April 12th, 2006, 01:45
indeed it was a joke, but I wouldnt mind working there... I mean who could not love a banana thursday... and hell... free grooming friday!? come on, you cant turn that down!

Dmill
April 13th, 2006, 04:08
hate to bug but wats the progress??? is it going to stay in third person or will it move to first?? any changes in physics or still slow (compared to halo)???

BrooksyX
April 14th, 2006, 21:47
is any one still working on this

Produkt
April 14th, 2006, 22:44
yes the maker is still working on it as far as I know, he just doesnt register here... dunno why

RedKing14CA
April 14th, 2006, 23:36
A company named Macrohard is working on it...

see pic...

BrooksyX
April 15th, 2006, 00:02
yes the maker is still working on it as far as I know, he just doesnt register here... dunno why

thanks,
yeah i guess it would make since that he would register and post info in here because this is "The PSMonkey Thread" but thats cool.

I hope it is done in time for the next iris release.

Gray Fox
April 15th, 2006, 18:06
i don't know if this is trustable I don't believe it but it looks cool http://media.putfile.com/halo-for-psp

Produkt
April 15th, 2006, 21:19
Funny...

His or her thumb isnt moving the analog stick... so no real reason why the character should turn or move....

BrooksyX
April 15th, 2006, 23:48
obviously thats fake, but i think if a halo mod came out for the next iris thats the only one i would probably use.

If this mod turns out weel i hope there will be a couple of different master chief skins, some elite skins, and a couple levels like blood gulch and maybe battle/beaver creek. I guess ill just have to wait and see.

Grecoroman14
April 16th, 2006, 17:29
i got a elite and master chief to work on iris but i don't have skinning on them. If u want the elite model u could just email me at [email protected] and i would like to help out on this so if psmonkey could give me a email and i will help him out on it.

BrooksyX
April 16th, 2006, 20:08
Grecoroman14, i droped you an email

Zeemon
April 16th, 2006, 20:15
Are you saying anyone can ask you for the elite model, or are you talking to the Halo mod creator?

Grecoroman14
April 16th, 2006, 23:49
zeemon im talking to both, to the halo mod creators and anyone that sends me a email, but if u have a new level or characters that u made ( that isn't off of a site) and it would be great if u could send me ur character or level.

PSPdemon
April 16th, 2006, 23:53
hey Grecoroman14,

do you mind if i can take a look at that elite model? just out of curiosity :D

Zeemon
April 16th, 2006, 23:54
Ohh-- Me too! I e-mailed ya!

coo
April 17th, 2006, 20:45
i'd like one too, I just e- mailed you

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 08:34
I can almost foresee that this project is going to get a C&D order :(
that would really suck thou... Nobody tell Bill Gates :)

Produkt
April 25th, 2006, 11:50
The first halo mod had alot more publicity strangely... it hit some biger game news sites which tipped off Bungi PR more easily. I believe this one WILL make it to its first release

jman420
April 25th, 2006, 12:03
hey produkt, is the IRIS system compatible with Autodesk 3DS Max 8's file format (or any it can export to) and would anyone want assistance via 3d modeling for a mod?

PSPdemon
April 25th, 2006, 23:25
The first halo mod had alot more publicity strangely... it hit some biger game news sites which tipped off Bungi PR more easily. I believe this one WILL make it to its first release

lol....lucky people... i really wish that i wouldnt have been shut down :(

i do hope, however, that they do release they're first release... as much as i hate them that they didnt get a C&D order and i did....they are doing a marvoulous job...

anyway...Off-Topic.... how many people would like to see a counter-strike mod... just out of curiousity... lots of people have been asking for one so i might do it, it just depends :)...this would be more of a "off to the side" mod that i would work on whenever i feel like working on it ( because i am doing another mod currently ) so it would be a while before you would see a pic of it.

also... list some things you would like to see as a game... and give deatils please :D but be realistic...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

jman420
April 26th, 2006, 00:06
by the way, for anyone that may be ignoring my know-how, I am NOT "Jman0708" I am someone that knows how to do things, I worked with that little turd on a CS mod for Quake2, and he totaly screwed me over after I did weeks of modeling for it, he realized he didnt want to do it.. now he says that he's doing it again...

either way!
I would like to make a mod with someone that knows how to assist me, I am a fluent modeler, I can model anything, it would be totaly possible to model all of a halo level- or CS level... doesent make any sence why it wouldnt, I just need someone with the know how of how to program the 3D files I have to make...

If anyone has the know how to do this, PM me...
Thanks,
Jman420

vettacossx
April 26th, 2006, 20:20
lol jman you crack me up!!! still screwing around....havent seen those levels yet

Produkt
April 26th, 2006, 20:48
jman - That sounded like a load of bull, any one who really know how games are devloped knows you dont understand jack about what you just said

and kids, I dont wanna see any more ripoff's of current generation games you can get easily.

PSPdemon
April 27th, 2006, 02:36
okay.....poeple, please stop pming me about giving out my halo project mod that i was working on a while back ago......

I am NOT giving it out.... so stop bugging me about "giving you what i have done"....

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: i dont have the mod anymore.....its been completly deleted off my comp...

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 17:20
i hope someone just MIRACULASLEY FINDS A SKIN OF HALO AND POST IT...even if they made it....be like yea i posted it....but i got it from a friend .....mail it to like 100 members that are willing....like my self to tell the same story! hehehe that way theres no way to find a source . all we have to do is make the model skin....go to a local LIBRARY TO POST IT!!!! and there no way to know just who did it..now who r u gonna sue bungi PROOF IS THE POINT...AND THERE WONT BE ANY...if you have a halo mod send it to me.....im not afraid to visit the library you should not be eather....lol....so go to the local library and post whatever you want.....then they cant trace the skin and everyone can download it untill they send another order...by then it will get around..and you will be able to mail each other for a copy!!!!

jman420
April 27th, 2006, 17:38
hold on, what the **** was that?! what the hell are you saying "lol jman you crack me up!!! still screwing around....havent seen those levels yet" wtf eh? what levels would you see exactly??? huh?! and as for you produkt. .
. "jman - That sounded like a load of bull, any one who really know how games are devloped knows you dont understand jack about what you just said"
so, these people would know me how exactly? none of you pricks know me.. I work on real projects, currently "Caelestis", "Privateer", and a new RTS that me and a few other guys are working on..

I do know what I said, NONE OF YOU KNOW WHO I AM! why would you just start shit randomly exactly??

and furthermore, I do know how games are devloped, I work on this stuff.. just because you guys are morons, and dont know how to use an accual 3D model, from a real system.. you guys are the people that dont know how real games are created, you program it, you model it, and you compile it..

its not complicated, I am not one of your buddies, you do not know me, and I am a genuine 3D modeler for several games, and was just trying to find somthing else to work on..

I will say this 1 more gad dang time, I am not the little prick "Jman0708" I am "Jman420" I have worked on real projects, I am not some "Noob" in fact, I say your the noobs, just on general priciple that you have no idea how to help me make a real mod, not using some gay ass doom3 level creator...

yeah, so why dont you look at the screen name before ya start talking like you know me, because you dont??

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 17:46
go ahead sue the library....lol bill gates you might make halo rules .....but you cant CONTROLL EVERYTHING WHAT R YOU GONNA DO SHUT DOWN EVERY LIBRARY IN THE WORLD IM LMFAO @ YOU RIGHT NOW GATES!! i mean its not like its IMPOSSIBLE to post this with the security of your identity..as long as you dont have to "sighn up" for computer use.....theres no proof anyway right.....cmon it would not be worth the money it would cost to try and find this person especially when all you got for proof is that SOME UNKNOWN person went to the library and posted a hb game because bungi over reacted we found a way to post things without consequence....

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 17:55
then change your name dillhole quit flaming of at the lips .....jman is not a lil prik eather he is a respectful member of our community i hope you relize that your a dumb prik yourself for bringing this on yourself CHANGE YOUR NAME HE WAS HERE FIRST!!!!DORK DONT FLAME ON PRODUCT EATHER!!! HE KNOWS MORE THAN YOU EVER COULD IMAGINE HES A REAL PRO AT IRIS SO READ BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ASSSSSSsSSSSSSSSSSSSss of your self im not gonna waste a post on your lame asssss again....and im very sorry to all the others who have to read this.. so email me if you wanna flame of at the lips!!! jman makes smm levels by the way and its a easy mistake to make if you were more RESPECTFULL and INTELLEGENT this WOULD have been a " im sorry for the mistake" post grow up mr. inferiority complex LMAO...get some real talent...
we can all read.. .we dont need you, there are talented NONBIAS coders out there with alot better attitude and !MILLION TIMES THE TALENT....we dont use doom....lol its quake2 modeler you MORON and guess what...as for YOUR ANSWER TO YOUR DUMB QUESTION...PRODUCT TELLS IT ALL IN THIS LINK!!! so dont forget to thank him? or say your sorry not that we dont already know that...lol
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109715#post109715

read this get educated and change your name your not worthy! strait up!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.phpt=19867

Produkt
April 27th, 2006, 21:19
Ok I'm just going to lay it out strait, I assumed he had read more, because the engine is based on the Q3BSP format the whole engine is based around that format for rendering and everything.

If you wanted to have another map format that had nothing to do with the original, it becomes a serious pain in the ass... you can use .3ds files in a derivitive of Quake2 (Qfusion FX2 has this, but! it still uses the Q3BSP for everything, the model isnt alone, its part of a standard q3bsp map as an entitie!) You have no choice but to use an editor capable of producing .map files. This isnt a Quake3 Engine port, its a whole new engine.

I'm hoping the final version of the engine will use, the Quake3BSP with either the old Q2Map or perhpaps a modified version of Q2map3 (because of its efficiency) The MD4 model format for weapons, players and anything animated, and the MD3 model format for static props.

And if the MD3 format gets supported and the misc_model entitie gets added then sure, you can eventualy model a majority of your map content but you still have to use Brushes and entities inside a .map editor and the map still has to becompiled in the editor.

I dont hate any one here, not yet any way. I strongly dislike those who make statements without doing proper research. I'll help anyone... and I mean anyone... even if you do get me really mad and make me hate you, because I believe in this game/engine and I want it to thrive.

So for right now, You cannot code any additions to the game, none of the game is open source. No code modifacation tools are avalible either.

When you say real mods, these mods are REAL... just because they play the same as standard iris is no reason to disrespect them, they cant change that.

I'm ashamed at how those of you have acted in this, partly at myself for making such a rash comment that started this I'm not saying it wasnt expected... Its about halo on a PSP... I just expected the argument to be about the topic...

despoteuodia
April 27th, 2006, 22:50
actully since the halo trial edition is free to download at microsoft.com as long as the person COULD download it themselves (even on dial up) they could access the files for free also. this includes any files that are free in the trial edition. so redustributing stuff you can get for free is not illegal right ??? :D even if it is they will probably do nothing. maby you will get told to stop then you will have to make your own but try until you are made to stop. its free anyway.

jman420
April 27th, 2006, 23:38
well produkt, maybe your little ass-kissing buddy vettacrossx should do his research, I dont do any modding of any kind, I am just a 3d modeler, I dont do that kinda stuff.. so unless some moron hacked my computer, and only stole the pass for my dcemu screen name... you need to think b4 you talk..

I dont know you all, I was simply looking for assistance in a project using a different method.. I didnt mean to flame all over your thread, but.. when people start throwing en-educated false acusations at me, thats somthing I cant stand..

I dont even know wtf SMM is?? and why dont you take a screenshot of the thread where you see my name posted saying that I created some mod kk??

I dont work with mods, I dont like mods, I beleave that modifications to a video game ruins any of the work that was originaly made for it..

but in this case, as far as I can tell, IRIS was made for modding, and new level creation..

so I was kind of hoping to be able to work on somthing.. it doesent mater that I cant, I just want some god damn respect from people, because you DONT know who I am, you have never seen me post before.. and you dont have a good reason to try to put me down..

as for produkt's intellegence and knowledge, I dont doubt that you might know how to program, know how to build levels in a doom 3 level editor, you probobly even know how to make 3d models and incoperate them into your own games.. but your kiss-ass friend said "DONT FLAME ON PRODUCT EATHER!!! HE KNOWS MORE THAN YOU EVER COULD IMAGINE" well, first off.. your a kiss ass.. second off, I dont like you.. thrid off, this is not possible, there is no way someone else could "know more then me" just because you have the know-how in some fields, doesent mean you have it in others..

and kiss ass, what do you know?? so far all the shite that has fallen out of your brain onto your keyboard has been a load of bullcripe.. you dont know me, I dont work on mods, and Jman0708 was not here first, in fact he's 4 years younger then me.. and yes, he is a little prick .. also, I had psp dcemu forums since every EBOOT was still the 1.0 style . . . so grow up k?? and quit trying to talk shit about someone you dont even know, I could have been you guys' greatest ally, if someone made IRIS work with genuine 3d models...

Produkt
April 28th, 2006, 00:32
Please, please just put it to rest, Vetta went more out of line than you did, I understand that, But you can be the bigger person and stop the argument.

He's probably 12 and doesnt think things out well, the youth arent the most rational or intelegent, no offence.

Modding is a quite popular and Important part of video games, Games with customization tend to have a larger body of popularity. Take the HL series. the games arent top notch, but still they are world renound! because of its great mods.

Plenty of mods are half assed and dont do much, so it does make the game sour, I'm hoping to rectify this by training people to become better at the tools so that their levels look nice. and thats what I want, to help the game thrive and be a nice example of the Homebrew community.

have you heard of the term "Total Conversion"? its a type of modding, where you take an existing game and turn it into an entirely new one.

a few well known example of this would be counter-strie, Day of Defeat and Natural Selection

DPyro
April 28th, 2006, 00:59
Kinda like the Bid for Power mod for Quake 3 :rolleyes:

vettacossx
April 28th, 2006, 02:03
you should not have insulted my friend jman and im sorry....but you really need to have more respect ...and by the way jman helps me on smm mods THATS WHAT I WAS REFERING to hes a gr8 team player dont say things before getting to know someone and they wont assume your a disrespectful person period ....now dead it or mail me!

jman420
April 28th, 2006, 02:53
lol well, I dont mean to continue on this beaten path.. but the PM's I recived from Jman0708 were constant profane acusations of me not knowing what I'm doing.. much like how you guys thought I was a nobody..

I worked with him on a CS quake 2 mod, way back right after PSMonkey made it.. like within a week.. and I worked on it for weeks, modeling, rendering, making 2d grafics..

and evry time I talked to him he was somewhat like you guys, criticize first, apoligise later...

I didnt have respect for him then, and I dont now.. but if you do, then thats just fine..
sry I got so annoyed, but I simply cant stand it when people just start giving me shite..
I understand you might be buddies wit jman.. but I assumed he would have pissed everyone else off as he did to me.. especialy since he was banned for a few months for pissing people off..

BHSPitMonkey
April 29th, 2006, 01:20
jman420:

I can understand how the less-than-enlightened atmosphere of a forum like this one could upset you (and it's not as if you've behaved very differently from everyone else, at that), but exasperated demands for respect won't get you anywhere. Regardless of how much "know-how" you have, or claim to have (and to be honest, the vagueness of what you've said so far -does- make you out to be just full of hot air), what you need to understand about community projects like this one is that you have to earn respect here. Let your work do the talking.

I'm not accusing you of false claims, only letting you know that talk is cheap; turn the arrogance down a notch (and this is doesn't just apply to you), and we'll start seeing some great work getting done.

That's all I have to say.

Produkt
April 29th, 2006, 03:13
This was all started by a missunderstanding, doing such pull off's like this is just going to expand the problem.

I was able to talk to the little rascle last night and he's been tweeking the Blood Gulch map quite alot, wile he wanted to work on the beaver creek map he didnt have enough pictures or a computer capable of playing halo with him, something about being at his mom's house... dunno...

just a little progress update

Grecoroman14
May 4th, 2006, 23:03
is psmonkey even working on this or did he just give up???

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:25
is psmonkey even working on this or did he just give up???

Just so you know he has been vary busy at work and his N64 emu and he said after the first build comes out he will work on iris more.

Zeemon
May 4th, 2006, 23:43
He never was working on a Halo mod, if that's what you're talking about.

He's sort of 'put it on hold', while he's working on M64-- but said he'll continue working on it after the next release. But with the new competition/excitment around, it may be a bit longer.

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:50
yep

GeEkPiE
May 9th, 2006, 17:46
No he said, he had to give up ages ago coz microsoft were on to him.

GeEkPiE
May 9th, 2006, 17:48
u guys obviously havnt been reading too much of the forums lately!

Accordion
May 9th, 2006, 18:58
PSmonkey was/is never making a HALO mod
he made and will continue to work on the IRIS engine
not the mods

coo
May 9th, 2006, 20:57
is it true that the new IRIS engine will make it easier to mod and control?
I also heard he wanted to make it like doom

Produkt
May 9th, 2006, 21:26
The next version of iris will be more Mod Friendly, and what I mean by that is Instead of one mod at a time or all of them at the same time, you get to install all of them, and run the one you want.

taiyoh
May 9th, 2006, 22:39
I'm trying not to be a total noob...but what exactly is this Mod. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Zeemon
May 9th, 2006, 23:26
u guys obviously havnt been reading too much of the forums lately!
It obvious that you havn't been paying attention. You're mixing up PSmonkey with PSPDemon..

This is a mod of the Xbox game "Halo", for the Iris engine.

Produkt
May 10th, 2006, 01:17
I'm trying not to be a total noob...but what exactly is this Mod. :confused: :confused: :confused:

No problem, I'll be quick about it, I would give ya the whole history of modding but I'll be nice and make an easy reader.

Modding is the Idea of modifacation, mods come in many different classifacations of these there are 3 major types!

mini-mods - these mods will add simple features to the game leaving them as either extra eye candy or a fun new addition to gameplay.

Standard mod - this mod usualy adds on a whole new aray of ideas, and the gameplay often changes a bit, new weapon lineups, different player models, but something from the original game still remains.

Total Conversion - this is where the group of modders takes the original game and morphs it into an entirely new and some times unique game. no trace of the original game to be found, textures, models, levels, all unique to that mod.

Hope that helps.

coo
May 10th, 2006, 01:48
an ex. of a total conversion would be a hexen or duke nukem mod for doom

Produkt
May 10th, 2006, 02:05
those wern't mods, they were commercial games...

Ok... Think Counter-Strike or Natural Selection for Half-life

coo
May 10th, 2006, 02:12
but they were ported as doom WAD files right? so dosn't that mean you could play wad without owning the game?

Produkt
May 10th, 2006, 03:00
those arent official game files...

coo
May 10th, 2006, 22:31
ok, maby i should do my research first.

BTW: can we get an update on this mod?

Zeemon
May 10th, 2006, 23:19
Well-- the creator isn't a member of this forum, so it might be kinda hard..

Produkt
May 11th, 2006, 02:20
The Kid emails me updates... apparently the little bugger only has dialup and updates from school, (which DCEmu.co.uk is blocked by the school filter, yet Qj.net isnt...) so he says...

any way I havent talked to him in a wile. but I have the files so It will get released on the next release of Iris even if he isnt here to do it.

vettacossx
May 14th, 2006, 17:12
so you are going to release the halo mod.???ive got a all green skined master cheif and a decent marine....the elite ive got is skinned black and yellow...what programe can i use to fine tune my skin besides milkshape?

coo
May 16th, 2006, 20:43
the halo mod is coming out with the next version of iris i think

sroon
May 16th, 2006, 21:40
Hey, its a bit off topic but is there a way to use my final fantasy8 models from my pc game?

coo
May 16th, 2006, 23:34
what file extension are they in?

i think PSPdemon knows how to convert counter-strike .mdl files to an iris friendly file format, but i don't know about ff8

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 05:44
The kid has release it.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=655725#post655725

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 06:02
thanks for the info! =)

Cooe14
May 20th, 2006, 07:27
Sweet!

webboy
May 20th, 2006, 09:42
well if they get the beta released when its done and spead it quickly then microsoft wont be able to stop it, ill be stored in over 1,000,000 locations within 10 days, muhaha gota love the internet.

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 14:40
they can stop further development...

on top of that... they could be mean to the little kid

coo
May 20th, 2006, 16:12
when will the beta be out?

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 16:44
i think he said he was going to release it today or sunday over at his thread at pspu.

coo
May 20th, 2006, 21:05
k, thanks!

dtothabreezy
May 21st, 2006, 21:25
wow :D loss of words

Gray Fox
May 22nd, 2006, 15:39
Well when i play any maps that r halo mods my game freezez! That means also everytime I use the masterchief green player! Whats wrong?

Cooe14
May 22nd, 2006, 18:40
I dunno. Have you insalled the map fix that PSmonkey posted here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25210) ? And did you copy the textures and stuff over? The mods work for me.

RedKing14CA
May 22nd, 2006, 19:19
In stores everywhere XX/XX/XX <--Date

Cooe14
May 22nd, 2006, 19:38
What happened to Helo Tu? :(

Gray Fox
May 22nd, 2006, 19:52
I dunno. Have you insalled the map fix that PSmonkey posted here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25210) ? And did you copy the textures and stuff over? The mods work for me.
Yeah but thats for Q2 map only not for the halo maps

coo
May 22nd, 2006, 20:30
What happened to Helo Tu? :(

i liked that with eggz box and a bungie cord as the bungie logo!

webboy
May 23rd, 2006, 17:10
ok im starting work now on blood gulch, i cant promise it wont be bad but it is a alpha so can always mak it better. should be done in 2 weeks ( busy time got GCSE's around this time, for u that dont know GCSE's are MAJOR tests) and good lucks apprechiated.

coo
May 23rd, 2006, 21:41
are you basing it on the blood gulch alpha that was already made? or is this going to be a full map blood gulch?

PS: good luck webboy

webboy
May 23rd, 2006, 22:17
lol thanks coo, and yes full map as near the originla as i can ( minus some tunnels) ive got a 3 day trip to reletives so ill start it then; already started designing it on paper.
Produkt who created the halo mod alpha, you recon you could ask then if they still demo bloodgluch in .map format, as it would save me some time if i could just use the base for both and the textures. thanks, btw u throught about starting a mapping team for iris? just an idea.

Produkt
May 23rd, 2006, 23:00
I DIDNT MAKE ANYTHING FOR THIS HALO MOD!...

I cant stress that enough... I'd like to say this I DISPISE HALO!... I simply applaud the kid for trying.

and so you know... I actually have about 10 maps which are to be released on the next version of iris.

I'd have more but I decided to make my own mod and 2 maps are taken up there and I have stuff I do for work... which takes up alot of time too... I work overtime without pay to ensure the level quality is top notch! I can make maps the quality you guys are making in 2 weeks in 30 mins. I dont exactly need help. not to be pushy or anything or over confident. I just havent seen any one show a high enough skill level to join in the level design department.

Accordion
May 23rd, 2006, 23:31
off topic but oh well...
i dispise halo as well
red faction got there first and was better.GEOMOD

coo
May 24th, 2006, 00:22
i would webboy, but i don't know any code

webboy
May 24th, 2006, 17:23
prodkut, read it i dint say you did create it, i asked u if u knew who did, and if you could ask them somehting for me. lol, so what is the persons name and ill ask them myself.

also i didn't mean for u to think i was being big headed in my last post, i ment as in a team where u show us the ropes (like your teaching classes you do), i throught it might mean more maps would be creates if a team worked together, i was only trying to help you didnt have to bite my head off only trying to help, all i ever try to do.

PSmonkey
May 24th, 2006, 18:30
prodkut, read it i dint say you did create it, i asked u if u knew who did, and if you could ask them somehting for me. lol, so what is the persons name and ill ask them myself.

also i didn't mean for u to think i was being big headed in my last post, i ment as in a team where u show us the ropes (like your teaching classes you do), i throught it might mean more maps would be creates if a team worked together, i was only trying to help you didnt have to bite my head off only trying to help, all i ever try to do.

You forgot a comma in your post. you said "produkt who created..." when you should have said "produkt. Who created..."

:D

PSPtwister
May 24th, 2006, 19:40
lol psmonkey,that looks like a period not a comma! , comma . period

Produkt
May 24th, 2006, 22:06
YOU HUSSHUP!

NOW!

yea... Well its done by a kid who goes by the name of 1337PSPM0dd3r, PSPM0dd3r for short.

webboy
May 25th, 2006, 16:01
ok thanky you, i dint mean to offend you produkt if i did, i only want to help person, and sorry about any grammer (or is it gramitical?)errors one of my downsides.
thanks for the name, ill try to contact him/her

Produkt
May 25th, 2006, 20:45
OMG its a lesbian!...

wait... I didnt say that...

PSmonkey
May 25th, 2006, 22:39
lol psmonkey,that looks like a period not a comma! , comma . period

Yeah. I sadly ment to use common on the end but felt a period was better suited. Yet I forgot to reread my sentance and correct for the fact I was now using a period.

Also my Grammer & Spelling skills suck balls. :P

coo
May 25th, 2006, 23:17
hey PSmonkey,

is it true you were tring to make iris a fps?

webboy
May 26th, 2006, 16:43
ok, 1337pspmodder has already beaten me to the bloodgulch map iive heard so i guess ill try another map? a simplifyed infinity maybe?

PSmonkey
May 26th, 2006, 16:50
hey PSmonkey,

is it true you were tring to make iris a fps?

Iris was always ment to be a 3rd person experience. I was planning to eventualy suport 1st person if a moder wishes to make a 1st person game with it but not because I wanted iris to be in 1st person.

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 19:48
Thats cool i would personal like it being both ways so you could use one or the other.

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 19:49
Does anyone know if that modder is done with the blood gluch mad yet?

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 19:54
Which one? the guy who made the halo mod or webboy?

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 19:55
Both.

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 20:21
The guy who made the halo mod has his blood gulch map in the halo mod which you can download from produkt's link somewhere in this thread. And it sounds like webboy is going to do a different map.

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 20:27
Ok i have the Halo mod one. Huh its not really a good blood gluch hope someone can make a good one to make it look like the real one.

webboy
May 26th, 2006, 21:45
yer the guy who made the halo mod (1337pspm0dder) is already in the process of a full blood gulch map, not the demo one, so im gonna try and create another.

coo
May 26th, 2006, 21:48
the public beta for the halo mod will be released soon
i think there's a halo mod for iris form in the qj.net forms (PSP Updates) (quick journal) forms most news is there
i think produkt is a member there to

webboy
May 26th, 2006, 22:49
yer produkt is, it gets confusing which forum your posting in at times becuase both use same forum company, and both have iris forums with produkt is them.

Produkt
May 27th, 2006, 03:47
I'm the same in both forums. I use the same avatar to help people out a bit too

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 04:03
hey produkt,how come when i create a map and then play it on iris,i can't see the textures?

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 05:18
yo nvm,i got it,lol

webboy
May 27th, 2006, 16:50
how did you solve it, ive had the same problem for the all 3 maps ive maps, the texturs all silver and fuzzy? and i using the wrong bsp compiler or something?

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 18:21
well,i still have some problems actually,i figured out that i can only use the textures in the iris\textures folder...not all the ones in the gtkradient program,that helped some,but sometimes the textures are still fuzzy and stuff,could someone tell me how to get more textures??? there are so many more textures and i dont know how to use them....oh ya,and on produkts iris mapping tutorial,how does he get all those views? i only have 3 views,one for the map in 3d,one of textures and one of the grid and stuff,i want the others

DPyro
May 27th, 2006, 19:04
The q3 textures are stored in the pak0.kp3 file. You'll have to extract them if you want to use them with iris. (the pk3 files are just zip files)

Zeemon
May 27th, 2006, 19:42
Go to Edit->Preferences->Layout

This has already been said...but whatever.

I perfer the fourth one, but I think Produkt uses the second.

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 19:55
so which problem does that help? the fuzziness and textures?

Zeemon
May 27th, 2006, 22:15
"oh ya,and on produkts iris mapping tutorial,how does he get all those views? i only have 3 views,one for the map in 3d,one of textures and one of the grid and stuff,i want the others"

That one... :p

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 22:22
ahh,yes,thanks,i have another problem though,when im looking at my box/map inside of it,i can't see the walls, i mean..well here's what i see when im inside it using gtkradient 1.4.0

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1713/notright7tm.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thats inside of it,and im supposed to be able to see the walls,tell me how!! plz

PSPtwister
May 27th, 2006, 23:17
and someone has got to tell me! how come i can only use certain textures???? i can only use the textures that are in the iris build!! but in peoples custom maps it has different textures!! come on,someone has to know plz

Produkt
May 27th, 2006, 23:53
its a bug in your graphics card. I have this problem on my laptop. just turn the render mode to flatshade

thats the best advice I can give you.

as for custom textures, you have to convert your textures to 24bit TGA files which can only contain 256 unique colors any more and the engine wont like you.

PSPtwister
May 28th, 2006, 00:23
flatshade does not work,it still looks like that,but for some reason produkt,when i use the newest gtkradient which is 1.5.0 it doesn't show that,but when i build maps with that and then try to compile it,it only has the .bak file and produkt,how's that video tutorial going huh?

DPyro
May 28th, 2006, 01:27
Maps MUST be placed in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\maps and compiled with Q3Radiant.

PSPtwister
May 28th, 2006, 01:48
i know that,i've been doing that already,it works now,but when i make those texture files they dont show up in the game but i can see em in the radiant program,i guess there's something wrong with the colors or something

Zeemon
May 28th, 2006, 01:51
I had a problem with textures not showing...I pushed a wrong button...

I went to Edit->Preferences->Clean.. And just like it said, "it was as good as new!". You might want to try that.

PSPtwister
May 28th, 2006, 02:16
ok so,i did that,and it closed and i brought it back up and then saved the map,i have 3 textures i made and then i turned it into a bsp using the 202 thingy and used full vis and then put the bsp on my psp in the right place and made a folder with the same name as the map and then put the textures in there,which is the texture folder,then i loaded the map on my psp and all i could see was gray walls.....also,do u have msn?

Zeemon
May 28th, 2006, 03:17
Does who?

Any could you please use periods? I think I'm combining thoughts that aren't supposed to be combined... :p

And make sure your textures are the correct format and everything like Produkt said.

PSPtwister
May 28th, 2006, 03:22
ya ya,i know they are.But do you have msn?

webboy
May 28th, 2006, 10:16
custom textures work best if there in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\textures as its easier to find

also prodkut, any ideas why my textures and surfaces go all fuzzy then i load my map on iris?

PSPtwister
May 28th, 2006, 17:47
ugh,could someone tell me how to make targa files in photoshop and not make them 11mb!!!

Zeemon
May 29th, 2006, 02:26
->Save as->Format->Targa....

:p

Make sure it meets the other requirements too.

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 04:04
It has to be a 24 bit TGA. I wounder what it would do if you made it a 16 or 32 bit TGA insted?

BTW PSPtwister, how big are you making your TGAs (demisions wise, for ex: 68px, 32px)??? Because if they are huge, the file size will be huger!!! (is huger a word?).

DPyro
May 29th, 2006, 04:15
It has to be a 24 bit TGA. I wounder what it would do if you made it a 16 or 32 bit TGA insted?

BTW PSPtwister, how big are you making your TGAs (demisions wise, for ex: 68px, 32px)??? Because if they are huge, the file size will be huger!!! (is huger a word?).
No

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 05:32
you shoulda used the word "big" instead,then it woulda worked,cause im pretty shure bigger is a word....no,i know it is a word

webboy
May 29th, 2006, 17:28
ok abit of topic there? anyone got any idea why my maps dont work like i said above?

Produkt
May 29th, 2006, 19:20
safe image sizes are 128^2, 64^2, 32^2, 16^2 (^2 is a representation for Squared)

if you were to add all your textures togeather they should not fill up a space any larger than 512x512 IF YOU DO you will over exaust texture memory and crash your psp...

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 20:16
hey produkt,i created textures that were 64x64 in targa and when it showed what bit size i should do i chose 24 bit and then i chose compressed,do you know why mine dont work? and did you see my map i made?

Produkt
May 29th, 2006, 20:28
24 bit with NO compression

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 20:31
oopsies,lol,i spent so much time with those textures(not creating them,cause they take like....2 seconds to create! lol they're just colors) oh well,thanks,i'll just go through em all again and save WITHOUT compressing....PS:did you see my map??? are you sure about that though?

fishstixluv
June 2nd, 2006, 00:50
I've been searching halo on psp for the last month can anyone help a brotha out (with the iris files and what not)

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 00:53
Ya in this thread i think someone released a halo mod. Master cheif.

fishstixluv
June 2nd, 2006, 00:53
I've been searching for halo on the psp for the last month, can someone help a brotha out (with the iris files and what not)

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 01:23
it's here:
http://www.half-there.uni.cc/psp/iris/

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 01:41
umm when i clit the downloading file i get a page with a bunch of letters and stuff.

PSPdemon
June 2nd, 2006, 01:52
right click and save file....

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 02:30
Thank you!! I appreciate it.

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 20:35
nice sig PSPdemon

Buddy4point0
June 16th, 2006, 14:32
yea psp demon i like your site

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 04:32
Hey So Is Halo Beta ever Going To Come Out?

Buddy4point0
June 27th, 2006, 18:15
it wont be public for a while because the beta testers get it first

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 18:36
How Do I Become A Beta Tester?

Produkt
June 27th, 2006, 19:40
you cant she took a beta list a long time ago...

any one have any alcohal...?

I'm GOING MAD!

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 19:57
Sorry To Ask.

Produkt
June 28th, 2006, 02:27
I'm going to go beat up kids this weekend

Cooe14
June 28th, 2006, 05:06
I'm going to go beat up kids this weekend
Man, who peed in your cheerio's this morning ;)

Buddy4point0
June 28th, 2006, 21:54
Man, who peed in your cheerio's this morning ;)
ha

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 00:53
Whatever happen to her? The last i heard was that she was on vacation and got a new boyfriend...could that be the hold up?

ALF
June 29th, 2006, 02:40
or maybe Bungie really warned her that this would happen and they locked her up in a cell without a computer or any sight of light for years to come! o the horror the horror.

:eek:

pspbrewer
June 29th, 2006, 03:04
okay...........

BrooksyX
June 29th, 2006, 04:21
Whatever happen to her? The last i heard was that she was on vacation and got a new boyfriend...could that be the hold up?

actually she got a job and she has been busy lately.

Produkt
June 29th, 2006, 11:07
yesterday afternoon a 2 kids were playing around my car and I told them to stay away... they refused and kicked my car... so I went insinde got my paintball gun

each of them has atleast 2 large bruses on their backs...

On a happyer note... she asked me if I could fix their little bug and I guess I cant... but I damn sure want a cake for this...