PDA

View Full Version : 'Do something new, Bungie and Infinity Ward', says Gearbox

wraggster
June 23rd, 2009, 16:47
Randy Pitchford, boss of Gearbox, has praised Bungie and Infinity Ward for their work on Halo and Modern Warfare, but asks "What else have you got?"

"I keep waiting to hear what Bungie is going to do that's not Halo," he said. "Those guys are amazing, right? They walk on water! And the same with Infinity Ward. It's like, dude I'm totally psyched to get my Call of Duty fix every year, but you guys are amazing! What else have you got? Can you give me something I haven't seen before?"

He continued, "The folks that are innovating need to be rewarded so that the folks that are making big bets can take that risk. It's too big of a risk for Infinity Ward to do anything but what they're doing, because there's too much value and there's really big scope for it," he told Destructoid.

What would you like to see Bungie and IW do next then? Apart from Halo 4 and Modern Warfare 3?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218076

Heisenberg
June 23rd, 2009, 17:42
Anything really, as long as it's new and original. Sequelitis is quite common these days, sadly. Haven't played all CoD, though all Splinter Cells and with the 3rd Ratchet & Clank game (Ps2 ones) I got the feeling that I'd played this game twice already. This needs to stop! :mad: