PDA

View Full Version : NAOMI GD-Roms

cmstar
April 6th, 2006, 04:40
Perhaps this is answered somewhere else, but...

I was searching through e-bay looking for parts to do a DC to Arcade cabinet mod. Anyway, I keep seeing NAOMI based GD-ROMS.

This got me to thinking, can a NAOMI machine play Dreamcast GD-ROMS, and if so can it play MIL-CD's...therefore all the emulators. This could open up even more homebrew because the NAOMI system has much more memory.

It would also be easier (although more expensive) to make a home arcade machine out of it. So, the basic question is can Naomi play DC and vice versa....what is and isn't compatible.

quzar
April 6th, 2006, 06:33
There was one person who had the same ponderance but does not have the hardware to attempt getting kos to run on a naomi system.

No it is not compatible. It would be a LOT easier to make an arcade cab out of a DC, all you need is a DC, a tv or a pc monitor and vga box, and either microswitch buttons and modded controllers or plain 'ol DC arcade pads, which are fairly cheap.

ptr.exe
April 6th, 2006, 12:46
Make sure you post pics once you start work on the cabinet :D

cmstar
April 6th, 2006, 20:27
The cabinet was originally a Midway Pac-Mac or Mrs. Pac-Man machine. It currently has Final Fight in it with marquee and stickers etc. I needs some work... cleaning and new controls (it all works, but could work better.

I'm going to get a jamma fingerboard off ebay and make all the hookups.