PDA

View Full Version : Monkey64 Update

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 08:10
Stop spamming my forums so much and I promiss to post more later today (currently 3am where i live).

Also time to clear up a few points.
1) Monkey64 Will stay in user mode! It will always be 2.0+/eboot loader compatible.
2) Monkey64 Will not come out this week (sorry). It will come out as soon as I feel it's ready (maybe next week?). No need to ask me when since I don't know when.
3) After next release I am taking a few weeks break to work on Iris again.

Just needed to clear that up. :D

--edit--
The shots another quest64 shot. Yet this time the camera is in the right place and the projection is much more accurate then before.

p007889
April 6th, 2006, 08:35
great job psmonkey take as many breaks as you want you deserve them

infernomax
April 6th, 2006, 09:49
Thanx for the update...

Will There be a Kernal Version of M64 ? is it possible for Monkey 64 to achieve its full potential in user mode?

NTXA
April 6th, 2006, 09:51
great update PSmonkey

-- æĝĝ #6 --
-- Claimed by Davidov --

Chrikke
April 6th, 2006, 11:27
Thanx for the update...

Will There be a Kernal Version of M64 ? is it possible for Monkey 64 to achieve its full potential in user mode?

Lol he just said it'll always be user mode. :rolleyes:

Anyway excellent progress :D Those screens are finally starting to look like something :) Keep it up and gl on Iris

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 13:22
Um what do you mean by spamming the forums PSmonkey?

behahwhoalalala
April 6th, 2006, 14:14
he means people were going of topic!

PS: Thank you so much for keeping it in usermade! I hate that damn $ony with there updates!!

And that screenshot is awesome I can make it out already.

~edit~

What's the frame rate of quest64 now... is it 3FPS! thanks

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 15:16
he means people were going of topic!

PS: Thank you so much for keeping it in usermade! I hate that damn $ony with there updates!!

And that screenshot is awesome I can make it out already.

~edit~

What's the frame rate of quest64 now... is it 3FPS! thanks

Yes that is exactly it. Too many going off topic.

Anyways I need to optimise alot. I am still doing things that are slowing things down. Once that is fixed the fps should go up. Plus the fps is much better when your not in text mode (i dont have a texture cach system yet so every time a texture is used it's translated from n64 to psp format).

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 15:23
It would be nice to see a screenshot of zelda 64, that is if that rom size can be fixed.

byerlyct
April 6th, 2006, 15:26
what the heck is the iris game you are making anyway

byerlyct
April 6th, 2006, 15:27
i cant wait for the m64 emu u have all of my support

Infernux
April 6th, 2006, 15:34
looking good, keep up the great work.

oh, and howcome the text was readible in your last screenshot, but it turned back to blocks again?

PSP Candate
April 6th, 2006, 15:48
how about u give us a screenshot of a more readable game

kersplatty
April 6th, 2006, 16:21
good work monkey :D how come its multi coloured? :confused: hope you dont get ill...again

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 16:34
Infernux,
Because I have to correct them again. In 2D space the UV are based on the image size. In 3D space the UV are based on 0 - 1. So since I am now rendering everything (including 2d stuff) in 3d space, I have to correct the textures yet again. :S

PSP Candate,
At the moment, That is the most readable game. Needs some corrections in the Z tho. Once that is fixed things should look much better.

kersplatty,
Texture issues. I must correct the textures (byte order) & convert the UVs to 3d space again.

PSP mega drive II
April 6th, 2006, 16:47
Hey!
I wish you all the luck with M64, I've always wanted to play old N64 games on the move and now it looks promising for the near future! =D I'm really looking forward to the new release of M64 since i'm going on holiday soon (yay!)
I wish you all the best PSMonkey and good luck for the future releases =)

Sean =)

(wiv ya all the way Blood)

BrooksyX
April 6th, 2006, 16:59
you continue to amaze the psp community, psmonkey.
Thank you for your work.

Lumir
April 6th, 2006, 17:11
The PSP community has been forever changed. Just looking at that screen from Quest64 gives PSmonkey the spot light even over sony who has yet to give adequet info on thier PS1 emulator.

This is simply amazing and stunning, just thinking that i will be able to play some of my fave n64 games on my psp is truly fasinating. I really do hope the games like perfect dark will be somehow playable in the future even though right now there seems to be a ram prob.

PSmonkey simply amazing. Congrats on your emulator, even though its not complete its a ground breaking development. You have my regards.

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 17:28
Does the NDS have the same codeings as the n64 since the are both 64 bit(I think)
I thoght you would know this because I think you said that you make DS games for a living.(lucky *******) JK. so any way I was just wondering if your knowlege to the n64 emulator comes from your DS knowledge.
PS I just want to be a game designer someday. hope its not spam.

PSP Candate
April 6th, 2006, 17:31
even tho it seems...difficult to read(at times), i always like new posted screenshots of the m64

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 17:35
Does the NDS have the same codeings as the n64 since the are both 64 bit(I think)
I thoght you would know this because I think you said that you make DS games for a living.(lucky *******) JK. so any way I was just wondering if your knowlege to the n64 emulator comes from your DS knowledge.
PS I just want to be a game designer someday. hope its not spam.

DS & N64 have NADA in common. The DS has alot in common with the GBA tho. The DS is also not 64bit. It is a 32bit Arm9 processor with no floating point.

In terms of raw power the n64 is king but the failures of the n64 gfx department allow DS games to look much improved over n64 games (even tho they are not).

behahwhoalalala
April 6th, 2006, 17:41
thats intresting... I thought the DS was 64bit... and I thought it was a bit more powerful then the n64!

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 17:46
Yah me too!!! I thought the DS had an expansion pack intergrated into it! on mario ds the graphics are a lot diferent/better than the n64.

drquack02
April 6th, 2006, 17:51
It would be nice to see a screenshot of zelda 64, that is if that rom size can be fixed.

Lets worry about the rom size issues later..

Its good to see that you have the camera in place now, nifty to see things coming together.

Good luck on finishing up the build, and get some rest.

Out of curiosity, when will the textures be worked on, after fps rate is stable?

PSP Candate
April 6th, 2006, 18:16
wait so your not giving us a new emu on spring break? thats very PSdonkwhatever the heck his name is to do that

hockey2112
April 6th, 2006, 18:44
wait so your not giving us a new emu on spring break? thats very PSdonkwhatever the heck his name is to do that

Yeah, it's a real shame that he can't get it finished to meet your schedule. Give me a damn break, dude.

behahwhoalalala
April 6th, 2006, 18:59
please elaborate what you mean hockey2112 ?

qaopjlll
April 6th, 2006, 19:04
PSMonkey, in what ways is the N64 more powerful than the DS? Not that I don't believe you, but seeing how DS games such as Mario 64 and Mario Kart have huge improvements over their N64 counterparts in terms of polygon counts, texture resolution and framerate I would think that the DS would be more powerful.

Timale-Kun
April 6th, 2006, 19:08
Thanks for the update PSMonkey (make the translation and keep u in touch)...Finally Iris comes Up...Yeah

See Ya guys...

-- ÊGG #3 --
-- Claimed by michael chan --

drquack02
April 6th, 2006, 19:34
In terms of raw power the n64 is king but the failures of the n64 gfx department allow DS games to look much improved over n64 games (even tho they are not).

So by theory....the PSP could handle DS emulation? I'm sure it wouldn't work well with the touch pad etc..

Kinda odd when a system can emulate its competitor.

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 19:36
Like I said. Short commings in the n64 gfx hardware hurt the system more then you can imagin.

1st the n64 is a 64bit Misp Cpu at 93.75MHz. The Rsp is a 64bit Mips Cpu at 62.5MHz. N64 Cpu has a Floating point unit (cop1) & the rsp has a vector unit (cop2). N64 Games could run in resolutions between 320x240 to 640x480. The N64 was a very difficult piece of hardware to work with due to it's unsimplistic nature of working with the hardware.

The DS is a 32bit Arm (Arm9) Cpu at 67MHz with a 32bit Arm (Arm7) at 33MHz. The DS has no floating point or vector units, All 3d is handled in fixpoint math. DS games run at 256x192 resolution. The DS is very simplistic in terms of working with the hardware as much has been simplified by the programming librarys.

Where the DS beats up the N64 is in the Gpu. The N64 Gpu had serious issues by having a very small TMEM area (where textures must reside to be rendered) which was 4KB. The DS has over half a meg of VRAM (when all banks are combind). DS Gpu suported more current features then n64 did (example, stencil buffer for shadows). N64 Had no Vram so Famebuffers were stored in main ram.

If you compair Mario64 & MarioDS. You will notice a few things. MarioDS has much nicer textures yet has more jaged edges, no texture filtering or no mipmapping (stuff the DS lacks yet n64 had). Yet Mario64 does have weaker textures due poor TMem. Sure the geometry in Mario64 is a bit more primitive then MarioDS but you have to consider the fact that mario64 was nintendo's first big 3d game (snes 3d games were not done internaly). If you look at more advance N64 games like Conker's Bad Fur Day you will see much more advance character models then most ds games.

The PSP actualy has alot more in common with the N64 then any other system.

qaopjlll
April 6th, 2006, 19:46
So would you say comparing the N64 to the DS is like comparing the PS2 to the Gamecube, where the PS2 has a more powerful CPU (on paper) compared to the Gamecube but the Gamecube has more texture memory, a better GPU and is less difficult to program?

behahwhoalalala
April 6th, 2006, 20:03
so does that mean it's posible to have a DS emu on the PSP ?

yaustar
April 6th, 2006, 20:07
No it doesn't. Since the N64 and PSP hardware are similar, iti s possible to run some code natively. The DS has some custom hardware such as the GPU and two ARM chips which is going to be a pain to emulate at all. IF the PSP cant emulate the GBA fully yet, then it has no chance with the DS.

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 20:51
Arm cpu are a walk in the park. The problem is nobody does a dynamic recompiler for arm cpus. GBA & DS emulators are done old style LLE. If a dynamic recompiler was build the DS would be more then posible. The only big issue at the moment is there are no solid ds emulators still. Most are in their infancy and just barly running games still.

christophe
April 6th, 2006, 21:02
i was just wondering monkey whether or not ur planning on tidying up the front end of the emu. i.e adding an image based menu rather than it being text based? because if u did want an image ceated for the front end i could create a menu? maybe? just thort it would be kinda cool to add something to it....

coors888
April 6th, 2006, 21:09
did you say psmonkey that you are not going to release your emulator this weekend when before you said you would? are you trying to pull a donkey on us?

Demolition49
April 6th, 2006, 21:23
So would you say comparing the N64 to the DS is like comparing the PS2 to the Gamecube, where the PS2 has a more powerful CPU (on paper) compared to the Gamecube but the Gamecube has more texture memory, a better GPU and is less difficult to program?

I thought Gamecube had a more powerfull processor... ps2 has 333mhz but gamecube had like 485MHZ.

And to my knowledge the clock speed was better too...

It also had more memory.

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 21:39
did you say psmonkey that you are not going to release your emulator this weekend when before you said you would? are you trying to pull a donkey on us?

Well its either I post a crap build and take my break now or I post a build when it's finished and take my break then.

Atleast I posted a build unlike others.

hockey2112
April 6th, 2006, 21:41
please elaborate what you mean hockey2112 ?

PSP Candate made a "spoiled child"-like remark, and I replied sarcastically. The remark is not aimed at PSMonkey whatsoever.

drquack02
Thanks for the technical specs on the N64 and DS.

Is there something in the GBA that makes it hard to code for the PSP, as compared to the N64?

Or is it that no one has really taken on the project yet, I would think it would be a lot easier than an N64 emulator.

behahwhoalalala
shut the hell up Biatch

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 22:20
Hey PSmonkey would you could you post a screen shot of super smash bros and super mario 64 please?
Thanks if you can.

n-64
April 6th, 2006, 22:22
super smash bros. is said to have one of the littlest rom drives, therefore making it easy to emulate.

PSP Candate
April 6th, 2006, 22:25
PSP Candate made a "spoiled child"-like remark, and I replied sarcastically. The remark is not aimed at PSMonkey whatsoever.
hey im fine with that. spoiled child i may be for all i care

DPyro
April 6th, 2006, 22:37
I don' think any of those roms work yet.....

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 22:52
I don' think any of those roms work yet.....
super smash bros runs on the first release but the PSP just crashes.

behahwhoalalala
April 6th, 2006, 22:55
hey im fine with that. spoiled child i may be for all i care

Stop being so childish and off-topic (You are both spamming!)
go hug a car whilst it's moving (No offence)

PS: I was being sarcastic....

Demolition49
April 6th, 2006, 22:58

Are you some sort of idiot... he has already posted a build and has shown us progress of the emulator... if it was fake... we wouldnt get all those pics to show prgress...

Plus... PSmonkey is a trustworthy guy... and he isnt greedy for donations...

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2006, 23:05
Hey PSmonkey would you could you post a screen shot of super smash bros and super mario 64 please?
Thanks if you can.

I would if they worked. Nothing from official nintendo really runs. they all go off into a stuck loop. I am not sure why but i am gonna go back to checking it out soon.

sroon
April 6th, 2006, 23:12
I would if they worked. Nothing from official nintendo really runs. they all go off into a stuck loop. I am not sure why but i am gonna go back to checking it out soon.
Ok i see. um how about that Duke Nukem 64 you were telling me about?
PS im sorry if im bugging you.

MonoLoco
April 6th, 2006, 23:24
Those PSPU users are being ridiculously ungrateful again...nonetheless, the questions about user/kernel mode they are raising are interesting...isn't the ME only usable in kernel mode? Or are you just confident that you can achieve playability without it?

ngin.small
April 6th, 2006, 23:35
great job the guy in the mddle looks 3D

lildude9232
April 6th, 2006, 23:37
sweet dude!! what do u think will be in the new Iris release???? Infrastructure??? hehe that would be so sweet

Ranmax09
April 6th, 2006, 23:48
sweet dude!! what do u think will be in the new Iris release???? Infrastructure??? hehe that would be so sweet

I would play it 24/7 if it has infrastructure, LOL
Good Job PSPMonkey! i can't wait to play Super Smash Brothers and Mario64 on my PSP :P

MonoLoco
April 6th, 2006, 23:56
Coors, you just never give up, do you? You can "believe" what you want...but none of us want to hear it anymore, PSMonkey especially.

THERE HAS BEEN NO TANGIBLE PROOF. We don't care who you "know" who has it. We don't care about pics. We don't care about videos. You want to prove yourself without being flamed? Post a build. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh wait, you can't!

So stop with your ridiculous spam unless, by some miracle, you can...I'm almost ashamed of myself for posting this because it's just more spam, but if need be, I have no problem with this message being moderated. I just had to get this out.

Mysteryman
April 7th, 2006, 00:09
Hey awesome job so far PSMonkey, and take your time, Im going on a school trip in quite a while so I dont desperately need it until then. Anyhow thanks again for all your work.

P.S. Please dont bring up PSDonkey here, he was a joke and even if he actually has his emulator this is PSMonkey's forum and thread.

ZFB8
April 7th, 2006, 00:11
Jesus Christ.

This topic is being horribly derailed again.

If anyone comes in here mentioning Donkey, no matter how much you wanna flame them, JUST IGNORE THEM! Haven't you noticed that almost every time they have gone in that direction, it's been the same person to perpetuate it? From now on, don't even reply to those messages, it will keep the whole thing on topic a lot more.

DPyro
April 7th, 2006, 00:14
From now on if you have nothing good to say and get off topic I'll just have to delete your posts. :p

BALL_SAC
April 7th, 2006, 00:15
Not bad at all psmonkey... you continue this, and you will have that emulater done!

idapimp
April 7th, 2006, 00:25
good $n!pR. I'm gonna hold you to that.

and for psmonkey. when you get the texture cache done how much of an effect on the frame rate do you think it'll have?

Gary13579
April 7th, 2006, 00:26
Did any of you people actually read his post? All I've seen is people flaming others and talking about the DS emulation.
Be thankful for what you have.

Great job PSmonkey, can't wait to see the release :)

Wally
April 7th, 2006, 01:31
I find that sometimes i skip posts... but as a matter of fact the posts that i skip are irrelivent to this topic. Its not fair to PSmonkey that he brings out a program and then explains everything about the N64 then someone else mentions the DS and the topic is about DS...

Just keep that in mind folks.

Wally

Infernux
April 7th, 2006, 01:39
then lets move it back to n64

Psmonkey, when you replied to my question, you said the text was rendered in 3d. Howcome you render the text in 3d if they are 2d figures? Doesn't that just complicate things?

oh, and uv means the texture map, rite?

Shadowblind
April 7th, 2006, 01:48
cartman,we get it. and if u really cared, u wouldnt respond.

If no commercial roms are at even 15fps, then i say dont release the new emu until at least a game of short graphics like mortal combat is running at 35fps. Even if it takes many more weeks.

Wally
April 7th, 2006, 01:50
cartman just demonstrated what i mean...

CARTMAN WAKE UP TO URSELF its over! If i had moderator powers ur post would have been long gone!

Sorry Infernux

stotheamuel
April 7th, 2006, 02:12
3) After next release I am taking a few weeks break to work on Iris again.

Just needed to clear that up. :D

Yay 2 of my favorite hombrewses are bein' updated. :)

life loves me!

lunasicc
April 7th, 2006, 02:17
Anyone check out the SNES9X TYL forums? I don't want to lose people's hope or support to PSMonkeys N64 project but a response from a SNES9x TYL coder really looked down on the project and made it seem like it was pointless to even work on it.

From Snes9x TYL forums,

More seriously, yes we do know.
Now for the N64, I personnally judge it pointless, because there is unlikely playable games that will popup. While emulate the N64 graphics seems not too much difficult, emulating a 80 Mhz CPU over a 333Mhz CPU seems another story to me.

Thats why I would personnally consider it a waste of time to devellop such emu.
1/ Game that are playable are going to be a few.
2/ Game list on n64 is VERY short.
3/ Pushing such emu to a usable level (tuning) is a lot of work.

You add these 3 and you find that I will never join such project and yoyo will probably agree with me.

Honestly, this has not affected me and my support for PSMonkey. I believe in Monkey's ability and that anything is possible, as long as someone (PSMonkey) puts in his time and hardwork on the it. Even if games arent playable, PSMonkey is making history and bringing what was a fantasy to many Homebrew fans a reality.

Again I am sorry to burst any's bubble, I just wanted to point out the skeptics out there. I hope PSMonkey will prove these people wrong and show them how its done when making an emulator.

Mysteryman
April 7th, 2006, 02:21
Some of the games that should be working descently are some of my favorites and I prefer them over almost any snes game. And theres always gona be pesimism but im optomistic and look forward to the release of it.

pkmaximum
April 7th, 2006, 02:24
I have faith in Monkey and I wanted to say good work as we keep saying constant progress on this emulator! :)

Gary13579
April 7th, 2006, 02:31
I personally believe that an N64 emulator, even if it only runs at 10FPS with Mario 64, is still a great achievement.
I really like the TYL coders, they have done an amazing job with their emulator, but it seems they are trying to attack Monkey64.

cartman2192
April 7th, 2006, 02:33
ya i got out of hand sry guys. i agree yall are right.

awesome monkey and keep the updates coming :)

PSPtwister
April 7th, 2006, 02:45
Excellent job PSmonkey,and keep up the awesome work! ;)

PSPHax0r9
April 7th, 2006, 03:43
PSMonkey = best dev ever. No lie. Don't tell the other developers I said that. >_>

disturbed19
April 7th, 2006, 03:48
haha im the one that brang up that discussion in the TYL forums, but i had no idea that Laxer3a would say somethin like that. but i still think anythin is possible. keep up the GREAT work psmonkey we're behind u all the WAY!!!

Erban Terrorist
April 7th, 2006, 04:14
Who are these other coders for psp???YoYo who is he...? We all know PSmonkey IS a coder in REAL life as a JOB.....Im sure if it wasnt possible he wouldent do it....ANYWAYS....what makes you interested in makeing this EMU PSMONKEY and why the psp....arent you NINTENDO loyal?????LOL juss playin !!!!

qaopjlll
April 7th, 2006, 04:50
I dont know, I was able to emulate the N64 with Project64 at 15-30 fps back when I was running on my 333 MHz Pentium II with a crappy 8MB video card, so I would think that the PSP would be capable of at least a similar level of performance.

lunasicc
April 7th, 2006, 04:57
Yea, I wasnt expected Laxera3a to respond like that. I would think he would be supportive and open minded to the project. I was especially shocked when he said that he and Yoyo would never join such a project when they would be making history and contributing to something that people thought wouldnt be possible. I guess devs have the different opinions and views on the project.

Bedo
April 7th, 2006, 05:02
Yeah, that was not a real "mature" response at all. Of all things, the devs should really support eachother in any way, especially on the huge, huge, accomplishments of PSMonkey.

ps. I think he might be jealous in some way ;)

DPyro
April 7th, 2006, 05:13
Ya the SNES devs are probably annoyed that PSmonkey is taking their fame away. :rolleyes:

hockey2112
April 7th, 2006, 18:31
Stop being so childish and off-topic (You are both spamming!)
go hug a car whilst it's moving (No offence)

PS: I was being sarcastic....

By "both", are you including me? If so, then are you not spamming with this message about us spamming?

Wait, don't answer that question, as it will be even more spam. ;)

Mods, please delete these posts by me if needed. It just pisses me off when people act like ungrateful little *******s (not you, behahwhoalalala), and I felt like I had to say something. This project is utterly amazing, and good things come to those who wait.

MonoLoco
April 7th, 2006, 18:41
Haha, I love how the "sensible" ones of us keep spamming and then giving the mods permission, as if they need it. (No offense, of course, I'm including myself here.)

Anyway, about TYL, it looks like the devs responded again at PSPU, and this time showed a little more respect and even admitted the possibility of the emulator running at ~20 fps...so I wouldn't read too much into the post before.

Psycho77
April 7th, 2006, 18:44
I dont know, I was able to emulate the N64 with Project64 at 15-30 fps back when I was running on my 333 MHz Pentium II with a crappy 8MB video card, so I would think that the PSP would be capable of at least a similar level of performance.

Ah interresting to know, it's probably very hard to emulate a 85mhz cpu on a 333 one, I was reading a while back, you need an average of 10instructions to emulate 1, mean like a 85mhz would require a 850mhz cpu to run easily. But of course in this case since it's both RISC architecture (even if they are different). A dynamic recompiler could boost a lots the results to get a 4:1 ratio (which you cannot do with the SNES because it's a hmm forgot motorola cpu or whatever, lets not forget we also have a cpu in PSP for the media engine which might help too.

I think it's a really hard project, but it's posssible to get nice result still. If you were getting 15-30fps on a 333 PII, we should be able to get the same or more on a 333 RISC. Project64 as a lots of ASM optimizations thought, the same optimisations will be surely needed for the risc asm later when the C functions will be working perfectly.

PSmonkey
April 7th, 2006, 19:25
Who are these other coders for psp???YoYo who is he...? We all know PSmonkey IS a coder in REAL life as a JOB.....Im sure if it wasnt possible he wouldent do it....ANYWAYS....what makes you interested in makeing this EMU PSMONKEY and why the psp....arent you NINTENDO loyal?????LOL juss playin !!!!

I'm not a Nintendo loyal. Actualy I somewhat detest the DS. Yet the n64 was an awsome system. I loved mario64, zeldaOOT and many other n64 games.

I took on the emu since it's been a discussion between me, lac & another coder friend for some time. It was felt with the hard work, some good results will come out of it. I finaly desisded to give it a go. It's an amazing technical challange and I much love puzzles. So its a joy to work on (regardless how difficult it is).

dv001
April 7th, 2006, 19:30
i love u :P

disturbed19
April 7th, 2006, 19:46
hey psmonkey, do u think u can post a couple of screen shots of different games, just to see how they are ingame. we would really appreciate it. thanx.

halogod5000
April 7th, 2006, 19:47
Good Job

demologik
April 7th, 2006, 19:58
doesn't kernel mode do away with the ram limit?

behahwhoalalala
April 7th, 2006, 20:12
No, I think kernal (Keyboard Entry Read, Network, And Link... I think ) is just used for the wifi (Network)

Gary13579
April 7th, 2006, 20:18
It's not just for WiFi, and in fact, you can use WiFi in user-mode (somehow, fanjita/ditlew figured it out with the Quake guys. I really want to see how..).

I find it interesting that you got 15-30 FPS on a P2 333mhz, 8MB graphics card. My only PC is a P3, 450mhz, with an 8MB graphics card. I only got around 4 FPS while playing Mario 64..

yaustar
April 7th, 2006, 20:22
Probably via Corn.

behahwhoalalala
April 7th, 2006, 21:06
Has this topic lost 10 pages... or am I going mad!

PS: what is corn

Mysteryman
April 7th, 2006, 21:29
Corn was A N64 emulator that ran really well on lower end pcs. It was heavily optimized.

coors88
April 7th, 2006, 21:34
i can't wait for the next build he gives us because i want to play mario64 very bad

Sumo X
April 7th, 2006, 21:50
It's not just for WiFi, and in fact, you can use WiFi in user-mode (somehow, fanjita/ditlew figured it out with the Quake guys. I really want to see how..).

I find it interesting that you got 15-30 FPS on a P2 333mhz, 8MB graphics card. My only PC is a P3, 450mhz, with an 8MB graphics card. I only got around 4 FPS while playing Mario 64..

You're still only using a 450mhz PC? :confused:

You might be an ideal candidate for an upgrade. ;)

qaopjlll
April 7th, 2006, 22:04

Hmm, maybe my memory is failing me since I trashed my old PC a couple of years ago, so 15-30 fps might be an overestimation, but I definitely remember that I tested out a bunch of games and they all ran at around half speed, and then I tested Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and it ran at full speed. Maybe I was using frame skipping or something.

carrotman97
April 7th, 2006, 22:32
i tell you summet psmonkey, people like you make me want to start to learn to code and stop just waiting for other people. your an inspiration to many, keep it up. :) :D

calebg
April 7th, 2006, 23:52
i wonder when tekken will come out and how much the ds sold this week. how old is the n64

calebg
April 7th, 2006, 23:54
good job on m64 my bro went on my account

bugo
April 8th, 2006, 01:11
guys, please! Dont compare a pentium 2 with a PSP, its not equal, and not close. Its better to compare ps2 with PSP then...

Is there a n64 emu for ps2?

vegenigma
April 8th, 2006, 01:35
guys, please! Dont compare a pentium 2 with a PSP, its not equal, and not close. Its better to compare ps2 with PSP then...

Is there a n64 emu for ps2?
I'm not sure, but there is one for Xbox and it only runs a handful of games well.

DarkPSP
April 8th, 2006, 03:06
Nice. After release this, feel free to relax all you want you surely earned it.
PS: I don't understand how games like 007 The World is Not enough are too big for the PSP, because when I checked, their size was only like 27 MB each. Does this have to do with all of that loading or something?

BrooksyX
April 8th, 2006, 03:16
all the roms must be loaded on to the psp's ram. The psp has 32 mb of ram but after the psp os, kernal, and the n64 emulator there is only about 16 mb left to store the roms on.
An n64 emu would run so much nicer if sony hadnt been so cheap and just had 64 mb of ram instead of 32.

Mysteryman
April 8th, 2006, 03:19
DarkPSP, as best I understand it, yes it has to do with loading. See the emulator hastoo load the game and with the limited memory a 27mb is too large. If/once PSMonkey or someone else developes a streaming process it shouldnt be a problem.

Gary13579
April 8th, 2006, 04:17
Yes, after all the kernel stuff is loaded, the PSP has about 24 MB of RAM. This 24 MB of RAM has to hold all the textures and other stuff, while containing the actual ROM. So I believe, any ROM bigger then ~15mb won't work.
As Mysteryman said, someone could develop a streaming method. This way, the actual ROM stays on the mem stick, but as calls are made that require files from the ROM, they are loaded from it on the memory stick.

PSP Fanatic
April 8th, 2006, 04:28
What about a compressed rom?

Gary13579
April 8th, 2006, 04:32
Pretty sure compressed ROMs would require more memory. The file may be smaller on the mem stick, but not only do you have to have the entire ROM loaded in memory, but you also have to have enough RAM free to decompress the files.
If you're thinking of storing the actual ROM in RAM as compressed.. That is just about the same as streaming it from the mem stick (IIRC), but it would be slower.

Edit: Oh yeah, question for you PSmonkey. According to a post made by you on PSP Updates, using kernel mode would not increase speeds at all. Surely you could use the ME, even if it is only for sound?
I know we haven't fully unlocked the ME, but the SNES9x TYL authors have managed to do it, so it is possible.
Not that I'm complaining, if you can get it working in user mode, more power to you :D

Infernux
April 8th, 2006, 07:00
this just just a guess, but a rom file is the image of the n64 cartridge, so it must contain the meshes, skeletons, textures, sounds, code, etc. that is used in the game. So couldn't you dissect the rom file and devide it up into all of those on the memory stick, and then load the specific meshes, textures, sounds, etc. for the level? Like when you start up Mario 64 it would load up the castle, but when you stepped into a picture it would then load up the files the level inside the picture needs.

behahwhoalalala
April 8th, 2006, 10:37
That would be cool Infernux But I think that is imposible!

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2006, 14:28
all the roms must be loaded on to the psp's ram. The psp has 32 mb of ram but after the psp os, kernal, and the n64 emulator there is only about 16 mb left to store the roms on.
An n64 emu would run so much nicer if sony hadnt been so cheap and just had 64 mb of ram instead of 32.

is there any possible way of increasing ram

sroon
April 8th, 2006, 15:34
Why doesent the roms run off the memroy card in the first place to begine with?

kyle2194
April 8th, 2006, 15:55
is there any possible way of increasing ram
No, it would be practicly impossible.

It would be way to slow, untill monkey finds a good way to do it.

Monkey, mabye you could try some form of prefetching.

michael chan
April 8th, 2006, 16:01
hey monkey64,did u fix that rom memory problem yet?like if the rom is to big it wont load?or u cant fix that?

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 16:03
Guys, he's not worried about loading bigger roms atm. First priority is getting games to even run.

BrooksyX
April 8th, 2006, 16:35

all emulators that are emulating a cartridge based systems must have the rom loaded completly on to the ram. even emulators on the pc. So systems like snes, nes, n64, gameboy, genisis. Must me completly loaded. For thise older systems it has not been a problem because the roms are very small.

Gary13579
April 8th, 2006, 17:11
this just just a guess, but a rom file is the image of the n64 cartridge, so it must contain the meshes, skeletons, textures, sounds, code, etc. that is used in the game. So couldn't you dissect the rom file and devide it up into all of those on the memory stick, and then load the specific meshes, textures, sounds, etc. for the level? Like when you start up Mario 64 it would load up the castle, but when you stepped into a picture it would then load up the files the level inside the picture needs.
Of course, this is what we meant my streaming the ROM off the mem stick :)
Except instead of disecting the ROM into seperate files, it would be stored all in one.
Having seperate files would be easier, sure, but it would be much better to use one file.

pkmaximum
April 8th, 2006, 17:35
IN my opinioin what ever gets the job done. I wish their was a way though just to convert a rom into an eboot.pbp file or convert the rom into an .iso or something that way it was compatible with the PSP that way there would be no need for emulation. But for some reason I think that is impossible without having a PSP tool kit unfor.t I guess we will have to wait for emulation to be done by PSmonkey. But that is going to probaly take most of the summer time too until we start seeing maybe mario64 some what playable. After all when he begun this project he said it would take about 6-months to a year before we start seeing a playable emulator. But I will do my best to be patient And great work psmonkey :)

kale
April 8th, 2006, 18:45
this is a bit off topic, but is there anything that will emulate windows and allow you to run pj64 on the psp?

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 18:55
Nope, and there never will be.

sroon
April 8th, 2006, 19:01
this is a bit off topic, but is there anything that will emulate windows and allow you to run pj64 on the psp?
I heard this one guy(Maten or something) has got Windows 95 on his PSP but I cant seem to get it to work.

Kite0
April 8th, 2006, 19:10
If the miracle ever occurred that the thing does start, it takes 10 minutes to boot the OS and it only runs at half speed, which is really slow.

Gary13579
April 8th, 2006, 19:49
IN my opinioin what ever gets the job done. I wish their was a way though just to convert a rom into an eboot.pbp file or convert the rom into an .iso or something that way it was compatible with the PSP that way there would be no need for emulation. But for some reason I think that is impossible without having a PSP tool kit unfor.t I guess we will have to wait for emulation to be done by PSmonkey. But that is going to probaly take most of the summer time too until we start seeing maybe mario64 some what playable. After all when he begun this project he said it would take about 6-months to a year before we start seeing a playable emulator. But I will do my best to be patient And great work psmonkey :)
The only way I could see this done is if the ROM was decompiled, and trust me, don't expect that anytime in the next 5 years.

About emulating Windows, JUST FORGET IT! One effing emulator came out, and people expect it to be the answer to all their problems.
The emulator is extremly buggy and barely runs. It uses software resize the screen, making it incredibly slow. The thing shouldn't pass 5 FPS just on the desktop, but running another emulator, it would be rare to see it get to 1 FPS.
But an N64 emulator? On a Windows 95 x86 emulator, using software scaling? You'd have to be completly wasted to even think it possible.
The N64 emulators for PC probably rely on the graphics card of the PC, and I'm sure the bochs emulator doesn't use the GPU.

BigBoy14
April 8th, 2006, 20:03
does anyone know when tigger's honey hunt will be playable because thats my favorite game on n64

Lumir
April 8th, 2006, 21:03
About the streaming from the mem stick. I have heard that this is a slow process for some reason. Just recently i bought a new sony high speed 2gig mem stick that has a read/transfer speed of 80mbps. Now games like perfect dark.z64 are only 33.5mb, so am i missing anything? Couse the way i see it the rom should stream to the psp almost instantly. Now i dont have any experience known to me in this area but the only conclusion i can come up for a reason that the streaming might be slow with the 80mbps mem stick is simply due to the PSP's ability to read and process the data.

Any ideas? Please inform me, as im intrested.

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2006, 21:46
something was said about not being able to play roms of 16mb or more. i have a 1gig mem card, so whoever said that explain why it doesnt matter how much memory it needs

yaustar
April 8th, 2006, 21:55
Data is only a memory call away on a cartridge, it isn't while streaming a memory stick hence the whole ROM neesds to be dumped into the PSP's RAM.

Some PSP RAM is used by the Kernal, some by the emulator, some reserved for the emulated console RAM which leaves about 16mb left hence the ROM size limit.

There are some ways around this but at the this stage they don't matter.

Shilo
April 8th, 2006, 22:23
Ya!!!!!!! Good idea monkey to keep Monkey64 in user mode!!!!!!!! Now I won't have to buy a new PSP!

P.S I know this post is a little bit late, but I've been working on Home work for the past 3days:eek:

DarkPSP
April 9th, 2006, 00:27
DarkPSP, as best I understand it, yes it has to do with loading. See the emulator hastoo load the game and with the limited memory a 27mb is too large. If/once PSMonkey or someone else developes a streaming process it shouldnt be a problem.
Oh, ok. That won't really be a problem for me then as long as I can still play great games like Mario Party and Mario Kart.

Auron
April 9th, 2006, 00:34
well, i have a question, i dunno where should i put roms so they could work on my emu i writes me no rom loaded and there is no optiion with games i have money64 emy plz help ))

psphack
April 9th, 2006, 00:43
you should work on kernal first then go to usermode after it would be eazier

ZFB8
April 9th, 2006, 03:45
you should work on kernal first then go to usermode after it would be eazier

1) He's already explained his reasoning for his decision.

2) How the HELL would it be easier to START in kernel?

2) Dude, judging from that single post, I doubt you have much if any coding experience at all.

Shilo
April 9th, 2006, 04:33
I think it's a good idea that PSmonkey is keeping M64 in user mode:)

WOOHOO!!! I`m stealing cousin's wifi on my PSP!!! Not realy, he is right beside me:) LOL this took me forever:(

PSmonkey
April 9th, 2006, 05:10
About the streaming from the mem stick. I have heard that this is a slow process for some reason. Just recently i bought a new sony high speed 2gig mem stick that has a read/transfer speed of 80mbps. Now games like perfect dark.z64 are only 33.5mb, so am i missing anything? Couse the way i see it the rom should stream to the psp almost instantly. Now i dont have any experience known to me in this area but the only conclusion i can come up for a reason that the streaming might be slow with the 80mbps mem stick is simply due to the PSP's ability to read and process the data.

Any ideas? Please inform me, as im intrested.

Now write a simple app that constantly reads in 1 32bit value. You'll find it very slow.

There is a huge difference between burst & stream reads. The first build of nincest actualy read in 2 bytes, swaped them and then repeat till the rom was finished. A 2MB rom would take about a min. to load. Yet If I stream the whole thing into ram first then process, its mear seconds.

People need to remember. N64 & practicaly all cart systems read the game code or instructions directly from the cart. This is extreamly different then disc systems like ps1/ps2/dreamcast/xbox/psp/.... which actualy copy the entire program into ram and execute it there.

I've though of many methods to try holding the rom but what is the use? I still can not even play mario64 yet. So that is why I don't really give a damn still. Once I can run a large part of 16MB or less roms, then I will take the time to develope something. Yet till then, whats it gonna do? Slow down everything else just so we can say zelda loads and does nothing?

stotheamuel
April 9th, 2006, 06:36
very informal i had a similar question

ZFB8
April 9th, 2006, 06:52
Oh and for the thing about booting PJ64 through Bochs:

From my understanding this is how it would work, although don't quote me on this. To emulate a system sufficiently, it would have to be roughly ten times as powerful as what it's trying to emulate. Now, when you run an emulator inside THAT emulator, you multiply the two tens, therefore the system doing the emulation would have to be 100 times as powerful to execute the emulator within an emulator at decent speed. But take into account the fact that N64 and PSP have very similar architecture, and I'd GUESS it would have to be around 50-70 times as powerful. And besides, does PJ64 work on a Windows 95 anyway? =P

Again though, none of that is for sure on my part, I kinda just peiced together stuff I have heard while participating in the PSP scene.

bugo
April 9th, 2006, 07:23
Yah, I said that on the other day, let Monkey develop important things first. Graphics, speed and compatibility with 16 roms

disturbed19
April 9th, 2006, 07:54
heres something that laxera said

For a N64 emu, the biggest issue is not the rendering (most likely the calls can be converted easily to PSP calls I bet). For me the biggest issue is to emulate a 80 Mhz + audio + other stuff on a 333Mhz cpu.

Dont forget that the Snes cpu is roughly 2 to 3 Mhz. Technics like JIT can probably improve the emulation speed from x5 to x10. I bet it is going to be THE core improvment for a N64 emu.
I was thinking since a long time about a JIT for the Snes, but there is a lot of "dirty" stuff that do not allow such technique to be easy in our case (and I am not talking about the necessary time for dev).

Boris4PM
April 9th, 2006, 14:13
Just a thought, I have no experience in terms of coding or any of the internal stuff that goes on inside the PSP, but as you can run Windows 95 on the PSP, couldn't you run a windows based N64 emulator through windows?

DPyro
April 9th, 2006, 15:32
Just a thought, I have no experience in terms of coding or any of the internal stuff that goes on inside the PSP, but as you can run Windows 95 on the PSP, couldn't you run a windows based N64 emulator through windows?

No. Windows 95 is being emulated on the PSP, and to be fair its not very good. To even attempt to run an N64 emu inside that would be ridiculous.

Gary13579
April 9th, 2006, 17:23
Oh and for the thing about booting PJ64 through Bochs:

From my understanding this is how it would work, although don't quote me on this. To emulate a system sufficiently, it would have to be roughly ten times as powerful as what it's trying to emulate. Now, when you run an emulator inside THAT emulator, you multiply the two tens, therefore the system doing the emulation would have to be 100 times as powerful to execute the emulator within an emulator at decent speed. But take into account the fact that N64 and PSP have very similar architecture, and I'd GUESS it would have to be around 50-70 times as powerful. And besides, does Bochs work on a Windows 95 anyway? =P

Again though, none of that is for sure on my part, I kinda just peiced together stuff I have heard while participating in the PSP scene.
Pretty true, but you have to remember that you are emulating the x86 processor. So any hope you had of the PSP/N64 processor relationship you had is now destroyed.

Vega
April 9th, 2006, 18:17
Im happy you decided to keep Monkey64 in user mode. I was concerned Id never be able to run the final build, as I made the stupid mistake of upgrading.
Nice one Monkey.

psphack
April 9th, 2006, 19:45
1) He's already explained his reasoning for his decision.

2) How the HELL would it be easier to START in kernel?

2) Dude, judging from that single post, I doubt you have much if any coding experience at all.
what are you talking about it will be running faster in kernal and easier to fix parts and just because i dont post on this site doesnt mean im not a coder youre the one thts the fake i have lots of psp coding expirence i have made iris mods doom wads and other fun/addictave games so before your bumb ass starts saying that think loser

Cooe14
April 9th, 2006, 19:48
PSmonkey wouldn't you be able to boost the speed by using kernel to run sound on the ME?

behahwhoalalala
April 9th, 2006, 19:56
what are you talking about it will be running faster in kernal and easier to fix parts and just because i dont post on this site doesnt mean im not a coder youre the one thts the fake i have lots of psp coding expirence i have made iris mods doom wads and other fun/addictave games so before your bumb ass starts saying that think loser PS: I suck ass!

HAHA dude you don’t even know how to spell Kernel (You said Kernal) but don’t worry all /\/0085 say Kernal instead of Kernel! And can you please elaborate on what you were saying a bit more clearly.

PS: User mode is much better to use in my opinion (Because everyone will be able to use it) the only good thing I can think Kernel can do is have access to the media Processor! Because thanks to Fanny (Fanjita) and Ditlew we can have Wifi (But don’t expect a N64 emu to have Wifi anytime soon [Think more like 6 months...])

So don’t think you are intellectual because you have once made a game... (Which I don’t think anyone has heard of!)

PSS: I’m not flaming you i'm just stating the obvious!

ZFB8
April 9th, 2006, 20:03
what are you talking about it will be running faster in kernal and easier to fix parts and just because i dont post on this site doesnt mean im not a coder youre the one thts the fake i have lots of psp coding expirence i have made iris mods doom wads and other fun/addictave games so before your bumb ass starts saying that think loser

First of all, how am I a fake? Did I say I have coding experience? No, I didn't. Second, I don't consider making a mod or two for games that other people made as coding. And third, dumb has a d in it ;)

behahwhoalalala
April 9th, 2006, 20:06
Infact he made 14 spelling mistakes! wow he must be doing well at nursery he has almost learnt how to speak English! (I bet he's just some /\/()()8 14 year old)

1 |-|473 |\|00b5 \/\/|-|0 7|-|i|\||< 7|-|3y |<|\|0\/\/ 3\/3|2y7|-|i|\|9 \/\/|-|3|\| 7|-|3y d0|\|7 |<|\|0\/\/ 3\/3|2y7|-|i|\|9 y35 7|-|475 |2i9|-|7 i|\/| 741|<i|\|9 70 j00!!! 50 p|-|u><0|2 j00 bi47(|-|!

Demolition49
April 9th, 2006, 21:17
What the hell did that say.

PSP Fanatic
April 9th, 2006, 22:09

I have no idea.

behahwhoalalala
April 9th, 2006, 22:13

I wrote that in 1337! Here's A translator! (http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3173/translator8id.jpg)

EDIY: I have posted the correct url now!

Rocker91088
April 9th, 2006, 22:20
Infact he made 14 spelling mistakes! wow he must be doing well at nursery he has almost learnt how to speak English! (I bet he's just some /\/()()8 14 year old)

1 |-|473 |\|00b5 \/\/|-|0 7|-|i|\||< 7|-|3y |<|\|0\/\/ 3\/3|2y7|-|i|\|9 \/\/|-|3|\| 7|-|3y d0|\|7 |<|\|0\/\/ 3\/3|2y7|-|i|\|9 y35 7|-|475 |2i9|-|7 i|\/| 741|<i|\|9 70 j00!!! 50 p|-|u><0|2 j00 bi47(|-|!

l337 Translation for the |\|0085:

I hate noobs who think they know everything when they dont know everything yes thats right im talking to you!!! so phuxor you bitch!

...y0\/|2 \/\/3l(0/\/\3 bi47(|-|3z

sroon
April 9th, 2006, 22:29
OK could you guys please try to stay on topic. the only real coder in here is PSmonkey.

behahwhoalalala
April 9th, 2006, 22:31
No it's not phuxer it's ****... but whatever floats your boat! PS: Use the translator it's fun!

wraggster
April 9th, 2006, 22:32
Please stay on topic or posts will be deleted

behahwhoalalala
April 9th, 2006, 22:36

Ok, sorry about that

PS: I have a Husband (Thats right im a gal!) so {w.e.l.}

Vega
April 9th, 2006, 23:07
Ok, sorry about that

off topic, again.

anyway, it does make sense to keep M64 in user mode because it makes it available for all PsP owners. Stick it right up Sony's ass.

Gary13579
April 9th, 2006, 23:15
Ok, sorry about that

You do know by posting that you remove all doubt from my mind that you are a guy.

Oh, and to those who want him to use the ME: the only way we can currently run code on the ME is using MIPS assembley, as the unofficial PSPSDK doesn't support it yet. MIPS asm is extremly hard, getting it to work well with M64 would be unlikely.

Electrifying
April 9th, 2006, 23:23
off topic, again.

anyway, it does make sense to keep M64 in user mode because it makes it available for all PsP owners. Stick it right up Sony's ass.

i totally agree, i was very happy the moment i read m64 would stay in user mode, since i don't feel like downgrading my 2.0. Now i can still have some hope of playing Zelda mm on my PSP someday.

PSmonkey
April 9th, 2006, 23:46
You do know by posting that you remove all doubt from my mind that you are a guy.

Oh, and to those who want him to use the ME: the only way we can currently run code on the ME is using MIPS assembley, as the unofficial PSPSDK doesn't support it yet. MIPS asm is extremly hard, getting it to work well with M64 would be unlikely.

Erm, Actualy there is a demo on ps2dev for running c code on the ME. Yet what is the point. With hle there is no way I can properly seperate the emulation into 2 task. The only way is LLE and i've given up on that for the time being.

Shadowblind
April 10th, 2006, 01:12
dont give up on any part of m64

Vega
April 10th, 2006, 02:14
M64 has the potential to put a huge dent in Nintendo profits. The only reason I would've considered buying a Revolution would be for the Nintendo back libary. When M64 gets released, the back libary is immediatly available on a freakin' handheld.
Dont give up monkey, the release of M64 will have huge outcomes.

shiftybill
April 10th, 2006, 02:59
i like watchin the n64 logo in waverace, just waiting til it will go further! Keep up the good work!!

calebg
April 10th, 2006, 04:16
wasnt there a post about m64 1.5 i didnt read it but i saw it

kale
April 10th, 2006, 04:50
i don't think there is an m64 1.5, because the next build he is releasing is 1.1.

calebg
April 10th, 2006, 05:02
Oh My Gosh What The Hell Is This This Has Nothin To Do With M64

lunasicc
April 10th, 2006, 05:21
LoL Good one man!

flagator15
April 10th, 2006, 05:29
not bad

hockey2112
April 10th, 2006, 05:40
Dude, there are young kids who post on this board. Granted, they probably find that stuff pretty easily elsewhere, but it is really necessary here on a videogame board?

stotheamuel
April 10th, 2006, 06:14
he'll get banned i bet

lunasicc
April 10th, 2006, 07:26
Sweet, I like how your first 3 post here are all Porno pictures LOL

tu_ppaacc
April 10th, 2006, 09:35
a-man Y u gotta post thiz kind'uv picz in here hahahahah funny tho....

tu_ppaacc
April 10th, 2006, 09:52
And'a to -pspmonkey- " i think thers is alot of people who are putting their hopes and dreams on ya! including me!....

By going trough with this u are gunna make history my friend. And u dont wunt to B the guy who people would look up and SAY he almost did'it. N0! im sure u wunt to be the It guy u wunt people to say! HE DID IT...............

,,,,,S0 thanx for traying to make sumethin' UNIQUE, posible .......

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2006, 10:01
Dont Post That Crap Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Is Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

behahwhoalalala
April 10th, 2006, 11:51
I have done that before... Now lets get back on topic!

sroon
April 10th, 2006, 13:11
Naked bubies!!!!!! (.)(.) :eek:
JK I have Les porno on mu psp for the guys at school amost every day!

What is this user and kernal mode because I only have PSPs with 1.50 and 2.60?

idapimp
April 10th, 2006, 14:08
monkey. how much of an improvement on frame rate do you think itd have once you work out the texture cache?

p.s my little nephew comes into this forum so grow up please and keep it at a decent level.

stotheamuel
April 10th, 2006, 14:21
Naked bubies!!!!!! (.)(.) :eek:
JK I have Les porno on mu psp for the guys at school amost every day!

What is this user and kernal mode because I only have PSPs with 1.50 and 2.60?

its been answered atleast 20 times but.. it doesnt matter

LHorse007
April 10th, 2006, 17:04
I completely support this action. I wish people would realize, what would they rather have, someone to be able to concentrate what time he has on making a truly amazing emulator, or spend that time reading and sorting through a bunch of questions and comments that have already been said or asked many times before. I for one would love to see a topic where only PSmonkey can post his comments.

And for all you people asking, when will it come out, can it do this, can it do that. Rest assured, whenever PSmonkey makes progress, he will let us know, when he knows when he'll be able to release something, he will let us know as soon as he can. He's done an exceptional job so far of keeping us informed and I think you should just let him do his work.

Lumir
April 10th, 2006, 18:59
Thanks for informing me on the mem issue monkey. And yes i totally agree with you on the fact that getting the emu to run a game comes first. I just wanted to know if its at all possible to run larger roms in the future.

Oh and as for that pic of quest64 i noticed that game is similar to ogrebattle64 in the graphic arena. If you get quest to run do you think ogrebattle will run as well? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The way i see it if this emu will be able to play acutal roms, im shure the emu will be able to play any n64 game in the future as intrested coders from around the world will flock to the emu and add fixes/updates and such if permitted by monkey. M64's future looks bright, keep up the good work.

Gary13579
April 10th, 2006, 20:23
Erm, Actualy there is a demo on ps2dev for running c code on the ME. Yet what is the point. With hle there is no way I can properly seperate the emulation into 2 task. The only way is LLE and i've given up on that for the time being.
Didn't know this, the only sample in the SDK uses asm.
Looked around and couldn't find a link..

DPyro
April 10th, 2006, 20:30
Ogre Battle 64 is way too big in the ram department...He wouldnt even be able to load it with M64 in its current state.

behahwhoalalala
April 10th, 2006, 20:47
We havant heard from Psmonkey for awhile! I wonder how (S)he's getting on. I hope (S)he has enough time for him/herself... PS: I added [email protected] to my MSN and it's only some korean guy! lol

DPyro
April 10th, 2006, 20:58
PSmonkey is a guy dude.

-- 槧 #8 --
-- Claimed by kyle2194 --

chickenclaws
April 10th, 2006, 22:26
We havant heard from Psmonkey for awhile! I wonder how (S)he's getting on. I hope (S)he has enough time for him/herself... PS: I added [email protected] to my MSN and it's only some korean guy! lol

HAHA some korean guy thats funny lol i was going to try that too lol :D :D :p

Lumir
April 10th, 2006, 22:40
Ogre Battle 64 is way too big in the ram department...He wouldnt even be able to load it with M64 in its current state.

Ah i feared as much. Oh well we have pleantly to look forward to.

sroon
April 11th, 2006, 05:31
Could I see a new pic of quest please?

white power
April 11th, 2006, 06:58
im back cant never ban me

{darksaviour: you ip has been banned, along with all you other accounts, have a nice day ;) }

idapimp
April 11th, 2006, 07:29
seriously stop that shit.

calebg
April 11th, 2006, 07:31
why do people keep doing this to our fourms

lunasicc
April 11th, 2006, 07:43
I think a IP BAN could stop you. LoL

white power
April 11th, 2006, 08:00
{removed}

drquack02
April 11th, 2006, 09:00
This forum really needs to whip out the rod of banning...this is out of control.

idapimp
April 11th, 2006, 09:32
this really is out of control. why cant people have at least a little bit of sense not to do retarded shit. this honestly makes me mad just because of the fact my little nephew and i come here to check updates and then have to deal with this shit. i dont't want him seeing this shit. he's 11 years old. (and working on an iris map btw...lol). i just want to know why people like to make their ignorance know publicly? do they get a kick out of stupidity or what? honestly he should find a kkk forum and post that crap there, they may even put him in charge of something for his excessive spirit. dumbass.

jas0nuk
April 11th, 2006, 12:05
<snip>
Wow, you're a real ****ing idiot aren't you?

Ahmed_p800
April 11th, 2006, 12:13
Why do you allow this stuff............ :(

I like this forum alot... :rolleyes:

:mad: ......BAN him please!!!!!!!!!!!.................. :mad:

Remember there is no difference between white & black people, all humans are same

PSmonkey..............Keep it up

chickenclaws
April 11th, 2006, 12:21
what a ****ing racsist basterd

Darksaviour69
April 11th, 2006, 13:04
guys, just ignore such posts. posts like that are remove quickly, and banned (ip banned this time).

people like that are just looking for attention, and my replying to his posts gives him that, just stick to the topic.

btw, he thought he was clever and made a new account after the "white power" account called "psmonkey_follower", he won't be getting any posts out of that account ;)

his first account was cliffcaleb, the guy the posted the "Monkey 64 1.5 Download Here" topic, he was banned for that.

edit: don't forget, everyone can help by reporting bad posts, by using the button report, under the users name

Electrifying
April 11th, 2006, 14:06
guys, just ignore such posts. posts like that are remove quickly, and banned (ip banned this time).

people like that are just looking for attention, and my replying to his posts gives him that, just stick to the topic.

btw, he thought he was clever and made a new account after the "white power" account called "psmonkey_follower", he won't be getting any posts out of that account ;)

his first account was cliffcaleb, the guy the posted the "Monkey 64 1.5 Download Here" topic, he was banned for that.

Off Topic:

Thank You, even this topic is also bursting with spam. I look at these forum everyday to find new updates from PSmonkey, but everything i read the last few days were useless spam posts.

On Topic

I really like to thank PSmonkey for keeping M64 in user mode, i am a 2.0 user and i am happy with what it offers. Besides, when I can play N64 games on my PSP i can probably resist Splinter Cell Essentials with its stupid 2.6 upgrade. And keep myself on 2.0 a little longer until 3.0 has been cracked. :)

stotheamuel
April 11th, 2006, 14:17
thank you for removing such filth :D

ignorant biggit

PSmonkey
April 11th, 2006, 15:48
Umm Yeah ok. Some loser need a life. That guy is totaly a 12 year old racist child.

Anyways sorry to say this guys but it has to be done. :(

I'm on break for a week. I wont be touching any code at all for m64, iris or psp for a full week. why? The whole reason I was not here over the weekend is because I spent sunday night throwing up & all monday in bed since I had zero energy. It's not good and I need to get back controll of my health first before continuing.

Once i'm feeling alright next week. I am going to scrap my current plans and go back to the basics. I'm going to research the posibilitys of swaping from GUM to OpenGLPSP for m64 because quest64 is actualy giving proper cordinates but when rendered on the psp it comes out like shit (I actualy wrote a simple opengl app to test cordinates dumped by quest). Then i'm gona quit on trying to progress quest and try going back to find out what is stoping mario64 & other nintendo games because by trying to expand many different ways that show a little progress vs trying to fix and further push mario64 is making things worse.

So that is about it. Sorry that I will hault for a week but I cant keep getting sick anymore.

bugo
April 11th, 2006, 15:55
dontyou worry about us, worry about yourself... go to bed man! rest some.

drquack02
April 11th, 2006, 17:43
Complety understandable Monkey!

Sometimes you just have to let yourself reset after getting sick. Hopefully you can shake it for good!

Enjoy your week!

sroon
April 11th, 2006, 17:44
Sleep tight!

DarkPSP
April 11th, 2006, 19:42
Your not the only one getting sick PSMonkey :(
Get well soon!

Gary13579
April 11th, 2006, 20:08
It seems like everyone is getting sick, damn flu season.
I just got over something, and over half of my IRL friends are sick.

Stop worrying about the PSP and rest :)

Demolition49
April 11th, 2006, 20:12
But what if psp's have feelings!

Lol nah get well psmonkey... and doesnt mean scrapping the whole thing take another bunch of time up?

So alot of this progress was 4 nothing?

Sum 1 help me out im confused

PSmonkey
April 11th, 2006, 20:22
I'm not sure what the deal is. Everybody is getting sick with something. I am not sure if maybe this time I got the stomic flu or just ate bad food but this sucks. I've been sick three times this year. Thats the most i've ever been sick in one year over the past 5 years.

But what if psp's have feelings!

Lol nah get well psmonkey... and doesnt mean scrapping the whole thing take another bunch of time up?

So alot of this progress was 4 nothing?

Sum 1 help me out im confused

Heh sorry about that. I mean I am going to give up on fixing quest and go back to my original plan. Get freaking mario64 up and running. :P Then I can go back and worrie about other games like quest64. The problem is I am streaching myself too thin chacing down bugs in 2-5 different games at once vs focusing on 1 specific game.

Psycho77
April 11th, 2006, 20:36
OMG Focus, focus ! ;)

Gary13579
April 11th, 2006, 20:44
But switching from GUM to pspgl would take up quite a bit of code re-writing, would it not?

Demolition49
April 11th, 2006, 21:02
I'm not sure what the deal is. Everybody is getting sick with something. I am not sure if maybe this time I got the stomic flu or just ate bad food but this sucks. I've been sick three times this year. Thats the most i've ever been sick in one year over the past 5 years.

Heh sorry about that. I mean I am going to give up on fixing quest and go back to my original plan. Get freaking mario64 up and running. :P Then I can go back and worrie about other games like quest64. The problem is I am streaching myself too thin chacing down bugs in 2-5 different games at once vs focusing on 1 specific game.

I hear ya!

kersplatty
April 11th, 2006, 21:32
jus imagine the good old days, only handheld!
one drools in dreamin
:)

Shadowblind
April 11th, 2006, 23:30
its probably spring sicknesses...

BigBoy14
April 12th, 2006, 00:48
hey, thats not fair! you said we would have version 1.10 before this weekend! i really wanted to play tigger's honey hunt this weekend and you got me all excited about it. you said you were going to make version 1.1 along time ago then you postponed that and now you aren't going to give us version 1.1 this weekend? what is going on?

yaustar
April 12th, 2006, 01:28
It means he is ill, not going to develop for a week, then start looking at the root of problems rather then patch and fix.

Wally
April 12th, 2006, 01:49
its probably stress related guys.

As he was up night after night trying to get this to work then stressing out if something doesnt work right.

Have a good break!

hey, thats not fair! you said we would have version 1.10 before this weekend! i really wanted to play tigger's honey hunt this weekend and you got me all excited about it. you said you were going to make version 1.1 along time ago then you postponed that and now you aren't going to give us version 1.1 this weekend? what is going on?

This is the sorta thing i mean. Hes hurrying to get the release out by people pushing him. BigBoy14, have you heard that good things take good time?

MonoLoco
April 12th, 2006, 03:06
I'm fairly confident that was a joke post...

1) Even with people like PSDonkey running around, I doubt he'd be that insincere.

2) "I really wanted to play tigger's honey hunt this weekend...I don't think he has to make it much more obvious. Is that even an actual game?

Anyway, get well soon, PSMonkey, you still have our support.

Cooe14
April 12th, 2006, 03:16
I'm fairly confident that was a joke post...

1) Even with people like PSDonkey running around, I doubt he'd be that insincere.

2) "I really wanted to play tigger's honey hunt this weekend...I don't think he has to make it much more obvious. Is that even an actual game?

Anyway, get well soon, PSMonkey, you still have our support.
yeah it's a real game it was first shown at E3 2000 if my memory is correct :)

Sonicadvance1
April 12th, 2006, 04:38
I told you that you were getting sick from coding too much :p

I'v been going at it hard now and I feel like I'm getting sick. Wonder if it is all in your head? o_O

idapimp
April 12th, 2006, 05:10
hmmmmm...if you redo the code from GUM to OPENGL if it fixes the screwyness of the screen will it have an affect on the framerate also? hopefully better?

stotheamuel
April 12th, 2006, 05:27
dont be a douche big boy

and

get well soon monkey

Kaiser
April 12th, 2006, 05:41

Hello coors/PSdonkey. Banned again. Give up and stop resetting your IP.

BALL_SAC
April 12th, 2006, 06:10
WTF... Coors is PSdonkey???

jas0nuk
April 12th, 2006, 09:06
Yeah.

Ahmed_p800
April 12th, 2006, 09:11
That gay...........ops guy will never stop :-)

idapimp
April 12th, 2006, 10:40
yeah but who would degrade themselves by saying they wanted to play a damn winnie the pooh game. thats like cutting of your balls, getting breast implants and saying your the toughest guy in the world

nervox
April 12th, 2006, 12:12
One question (i'm not sure if it has already been asked) but is there some source code ?How can we Help in improving the emulator ?It would be a shame that devellopment stops (like what happened to the GBA emultor , it;s more like a poc then a working emu).Any ways great work so far i know how hard it is to emulate the N64.

chickenclaws
April 12th, 2006, 12:56
OK STOP SPAMMING THESE FORMS THIS IS ABOUT PSMONKEY NO PSDONKEY that gay @$$ M@therF*CKER

chickenclaws
April 12th, 2006, 12:57
lol

pspowner2
April 12th, 2006, 13:38
PSMonkey!

Dont work on this project anymore. The Other people will gladly make this emulator much faster and better. But they wont do it until you workin'.

sroon
April 12th, 2006, 13:41
Wow! these fprums are nice!
anyway PSmonkey have a nice Whole week aff for a change so then you would be back in buisness double time!

pspowner2
April 12th, 2006, 13:58
Just getin sick of these nearly-dead projects all over the web. He'll not FINISH IT!

jas0nuk
April 12th, 2006, 14:46
Just getin sick of these nearly-dead projects all over the web. He'll not FINISH IT!
**** off and release Donkey64 already, then :)

behahwhoalalala
April 12th, 2006, 15:01

SHUT THE FORK UP YOU FORKING C!UNT! GET A LIFE YOU WEIRDO (JEEZ I BET YOUR A LITTLE 14 YEAR OLD WHO THINKS HE'S INTELLEGENT) WELL GUESS AGAIN!

So fork of and suck horse shite!

behahwhoalalala
April 12th, 2006, 15:04
PSmonkey - I think you should close this topic and create a new topic when your well again... Because PSdonkey will keep registering and posting in here... so please just close this for now!

PS: PSdonkey is a coward who is a inferrior minded idiot who thinks he can create a n64 emu in just a day!

PSmonkey
April 12th, 2006, 15:17
Yeah I agree with you. I'm gonna lock this topic. I mean god is it so wrong for a guy to get a brake once in a while? I have spent the last 2 months working my ass off till 3-4am every night trying to further things. The emu will come out! I can promiss you that 100%

Also not that it matters much. I gave a build to my tester on friday. We found out a few new things.

1-Doom64 actualy makes it ingame (shows the gun) yet 3d is not showing up well.
2-Penny Racers actualy makes it ingame yet 3d also is bad (polygons are going all over the place) (i think bad ucode/microcode).
3-Weltrix is now starting to work (shows the circles going across the screen from the intro).
4-Wonder Project J2 is now working yet it's just a 2d obscure game, 2d also is also showing up badly.