PDA

View Full Version : Preview psx4iphone on your 3GS now!

wraggster
June 24th, 2009, 22:38
News from Zodttd:

For those who have an iPhone 3GS, you’re probably aware of how much faster this model runs over all previous Apple handheld devices. This is evident in my YouTube video posted in my previous newsbit of gpSPhone running on the 3GS.

I now have psx4iphone running very speedy on the 3GS. It’s at the point where Final Fantasy 7 is fullspeed at very least without sound. The build is rough around the edges, as you can’t switch games without restarting the emulator, and only memory card saves are currently working, no save states just yet. Both these issues are being worked on.

So how would you like to run psx4iphone on your 3GS right now, even without a jailbreak? Well you can! I can make a build for a limited number of people. In order to run this build you will need a tool like DiskAid for PC & Mac to place games & bios, that you must supply yourself, in a publicly writable directory. It’s simple drag & drop.

Still up for it? Since I have only a limited number of slots to fill to send out this build, it will currently cost $10 and you must email me your 40 character device ID (UUID/UDID) as provided within iTunes. Send the email with your UUID to [email protected] and I will respond as quickly as possible with instructions for payment. Then I will send you instructions to download and run psx4iphone on your iPhone 3GS.

Remember, email me first with your UUID and I will send you payment instructions, and keep in mind I do NOT supply games or the bios.

For those too timid to jump into that or just want to see it in action, I will be making some YouTube videos of psx4iphone on the iPhone 3GS today. Keep posted!

This is definitely awesome. Thanks.

ZodTTD

EDIT:

The first in a series of videos. This was quickly made so the production quality is low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Vg8TjnTYE

http://www.zodttd.com/blog/2009/06/24/preview-psx4iphone-on-your-3gs-now/

elburrodiablo1978
June 25th, 2009, 08:44
Why doesn't he just put his emulator on the Cydia Store? It's pretty greedy to charge someone for software like this. Cydia says I have an update for gpsPhone that I can't download until I donate. Donate? That's called selling a product when you force someone to donate before you give them the "free" product. Maybe he just wants to get paid for his time. In that case he needs to create more crappy App Store projects that won't sell.