PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember when

shadowprophet
April 6th, 2006, 13:27
I just finished a post in a thred, And the topic of how long ive been a fan of video games came up somhow.

Which I found to be an interesting topic, So I started this thread.

My question is. Do you remember your first encounter with video games?
How long have you been a fan of the hobby?

I got to thinking about it, And I dont exactly remember, The earliest memories I have go back to when I was three, And I can remember playing stuff like pong and cat and mouse. And I loved it.
But thats wasnt my first experience with thats only as far back as I can remember.

So for me video games have just wlays been there :confused:

What about you guys can you remember your first experience with video gameing?

I thought this would be a fun topic, So let us know somthing :D

peace, Shadowp

Eric
April 6th, 2006, 14:53
My first experience i believe it was back in 1986 i was a young man it could have been later to. My parents purchased me the Nintendo it came with Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. After i was done opening all my other presents and as far as my parents could see i was pretty damn happy to see my Nintendo and ended up playing it all day.

Of course it doesnt stop there i played it everyday all day till about 1992 i think. Of course yeah i wasnt playing the same game i played games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2,Ninja Gaiden 1,Super Mario Bros. 3,Tetris,Bubble Bobble and plenty more but those were the ones i remember most.

Anyways when 1992 came i was on to the Super Nintendo and my buddy was on to his Sega Genesis. I loved those days the best cause me and him fought about what system was better. Clearly these days aswell the Super Nintendo is better then the Genesis not that it sucked but i found SNES had better games,better graphics and great stereo sound.

My all around favs for SNES were Donkey Kong Country 1, Super Mario Allstars (which came with the system),Ultimate Mortal Kombat,Super Smash TV,The Legend Of Zelda Link to The Past and plenty others. I was playing that system until 1998 Playstation a couple years after it was released.

I know how i got the playstation it was quite hilarious i was a whinny 14 year old who got what he wanted. I bagged and bagged for this system even cried for it i didnt have to cry for the others cause i found them in the closet before christmas lol. But when i seen what i was going to open on that very special day my eyes dropped,

I got made fun of big time as all would if you have to cry to get what you want. That system was alright to me i played the demo disk all day long and my parents gave me a Wal-Mart Gift Card to go and buy more stuff. So i think i bought a controller,memcard and Twisted Metal 3. Theres so much i played on that system so i'm not even going to bother planting all but i play alot of Jet Moto 2.

One more thing though today i see the difference in N64 and Playstation and i think N64 was of course great on graphics and fun factor was decent even though they had to limit how much space they could hold on those cartridges. I played PSone up to 2002 and purchased my beloved Sega Dreamcast.

It was on my mind for awhile people were talking about how crappy it was and others telling me about a emulation site. The first to games came free with the system so i got a Legacy of Kain game and The Next Tetris. The next day i went out to purchase some CD-R's so i can test out Nester DC and with lots of work i finally got that working. From that day on i've been very happy with the system and still use it.

My purchases with the end of 2005 and 2006 a N64,Sega Genesis,Sega CD,PS2,Xbox,Game Cube,Sega Game Gear and Nintendo Entertainment System. I also purchased a GBA sometime in 2004 i believe cause it was the limited edition looks like a Nintendo Controller.

I've got plenty of games and accessories and every Saturday night prepare for a good ol gaming night with my brother,his friend,my sister and her bf. Which we also used to do at my aunts house with her Nintendo or Super Nintendo System.

Well thats pretty my life story of games and currently i'm getting lots of help from some coders and a great gfx artist so hope to see give something in the future but dont get your hopes up.

Oh i dont have a favourite genre of gaming unless you call fun factor a genre. All games are fun in someways except ET for Atari lol.

Eric :)

Kaiser
April 6th, 2006, 23:45
My first experience was with a little blue hedgehog. I think it was Christmas day of 92'

Eric
April 6th, 2006, 23:55
Yeah that little blue hedgehog i got into about then aswell played at my friends house on his Genesis boy that game was so fun but i still prefered my SNES over it ha ha.