PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Sinks Teeth Into Lionhead

wraggster
April 6th, 2006, 16:37
Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Game Studios division has acquired Lionhead Studios, confirming recent rumour wafting around the internet that the purchase was in the pipeline.
According to Microsoft's announcement, Lionhead will "immediately begin creating content exclusively for the Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows platforms". No specific projects have been mentioned, but Fable 2 from Lionhead is a definite. We'd bet our pet monkey's floppy hat that Lionhead's very elusive Project Dimitri will materialise on both platforms too - and any new Black & White game.

All we know about Project Dimitri is the brief description Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux gave us last year: "It's a game about... you. It allows anyone who plays the game to relive their life, their entire individual life. That's a pretty ambitious concept."
Speaking about the acquisition today, Molyneux said that Lionhead "could not be more excited about being part of MGS."

"They have long supported our creative vision, and this teamwork resulted in the hugely successful Fable franchise," he added, concluding: "This acquisition gives Lionhead the stability and opportunity to focus on creating world-class next-generation titles. We are joining some of the most incredible game creators in the industry, the combined talent of which will truly take next-generation gaming to a new level."

Darksaviour69
April 6th, 2006, 16:58
I'm happy to see Lionhead be bought, instead of going down, but still sad to see another Independ go.

The only thing i worry is will they go the way of Rare or Bungie? i was talking to a guy whos bother worked for rare right up to conkers: reloaded for the xbox, and he said that the place was falling apart once MS took over, MS put in a load of managers the knew F all about games... he left Rare another high profile developer (not say who.... MS spies might be watching )

PSP Candate
April 6th, 2006, 18:40
lets see... so far they are making Black & White:Creatures for PSP and DS, and are making Fable 2 (heck ya). sounds pretty good to me