PDA

View Full Version : Today, I went and saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

VampDude
June 25th, 2009, 21:27
Ok, the first movie I must admit wasn't that great (probably the reason my DVD isn't unwrapped). But I wasn't expecting too much from the sequel, other than something to watch. It was more than something to watch, it went places that the other movie did not go.

There are aspects to the movie that I found cool, anyone who goes to see this will probably notice something that plays out like the Gremlins in the movie of the same name (the movie Gremlins) when the kitchen appliances form life and how they acted in the sense of attacking (and a chiuhahua humping a mini-bulldog around the same time). That was only about five minutes in, which already there was a funny moment (the robots - the dogs were just lame). The movie had quite a bit to take notice of, such as all the small robots and all the new characters because Optimus Prime had called robots from another planet. The story however, I didn't pay much attention to. For me, I just wanted to see the robots which the old English spoken robot (Jetfire) was the best who I believe swore twice. :p

I'm not going to give the movie plot away, even though there are many spoilers online (I don't believe in spoiling things for others). ;)

Anyway, if for whatever reason the first movie put people off the thought of watching this. I would tell them to at least give it a chance, which waiting for the DVD/Bluray release is not the answer unless of course you own a big cinema sized screen and the whooshing sounding audio surround (whooshing because it's like things appear to be moving over or past you - awesomeness). :cool:

Has anyone else seen it yet? And what did you think of it? :)

Darksaviour69
June 25th, 2009, 23:27
The first one was so bad I have no interest in seeing this

VampDude
June 26th, 2009, 00:01
The first one was bad, even I admit that. But I think this one is better (by far), I think this movie gets mixed responses in general from the reaction of the original not being good like it was hoped.

I say to give it a while (since it's only been a week), people will give it a better response than the previous movie. :)

DPyro
June 26th, 2009, 00:24
Who doesn't like a mechanical tail coming out the back of a hot chicks thin blue panties?

VampDude
June 26th, 2009, 00:33
Who doesn't like a mechanical tail coming out the back of a hot chicks thin blue panties?

I wasn't actually expecting that, it was awesome that she was a robot... It had a tongue on the end of that tentacle/tail, I noticed that when she was latched onto the car. :cool:

jamotto
June 26th, 2009, 00:50
The first one was great for what it was a cheesy summer action flick. I'll wait until this shows up on DVD, just like I did for the first one.

mike_jmg
June 26th, 2009, 08:09
I just went to see it today.

And I really liked it, of course the special effects are the star on this kind of films. The starting plot was kinda lame mostly because of what I saw on the trailer, but at the middle and end I got really caught up.

Don't know why but I liked how the whole plot turned out at the end. It was a little predictable but I liked it, they gave it the right amount of doubt to keep me interested.

BTW my brothers hated it, mixed reactions I guess.

I just thought it was money well spent

beetroot bertie
June 26th, 2009, 10:15
I went to see this on monday night but thought it was very poor.

I thought the plot was generic rubbish, the story was too long & poorly paced and I hate the 'comedy' robots with stupid goofy teeth and big ears. I think most of the robots are over-designed anyway.

Why on earth would robots from another planet be inherently Americanised and stereotyped. It's like Jar Jar Binks all over again :(

I did like some of the scraps (the woodland fight was enjoyable) and the effects were great. I also liked the way Starscream had the same sort of snivelling but ruthless personality from the olden days but it was a very hollow experience for me.

It's probably because of my age and because I loved transformers so much as a kid but I'd rather see a more grown up one with good writing and genuine plot twists that maintains some fantastic action.

Worse than the last one for me I'm afraid.

DPyro
July 6th, 2009, 15:36
Ya I saw Megan Fox titties from her new movie Jennifer's Body. :o

VampDude
July 6th, 2009, 21:49
Ya I saw Megan Fox titties from her new movie Jennifer's Body. :o

I saw them last year, because sXePhil (YouTube) had a link in the sidebar to some pictures... Which for obvious reasons I cannot link here, I liked the robot girl.

I'm going to be watching the first movie sometime later, which I have a single and double disc version (sometimes I buy the two-disc of a movie even though I own the one-disc). :cool:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/TRANSFORMERS.jpg

The one on the left still has the factory wrapping, I've not opened it... Though the two disc edition has been opened, because it has features and deleted scenes. :)

I want the 2 disc version that came in a metal tin, and supposedly had a comicbook. :cool: