PDA

View Full Version : Treamcast News & a Review

DCEmu_Newsposter
September 19th, 2004, 15:12
Ive had a fair few emails asking about the Treamcasts since my review and a lack of legit shops that sell them, unfortunately the stockist where i got mine from in my review are out of stock but i was told today that GBAX.com (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl) have the Treamcast in and at the cheapest price i have seen so far especially if your in the UK/Europe, they also have a review of the Treamcast at the same Site (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl).

Eric
September 19th, 2004, 17:57
i thought the treamcast was illegal that was the whole reason why LikSang took them off there site?

wraggster
September 19th, 2004, 18:02
Not illegal just unnofficial and Lik Sang at that time had just been through a high profile court case with sony/nintendo. So they wanted to avoid any bad publicity

wraggster
September 19th, 2004, 18:02
Lik Sang never actually sold them also, they reported news of them but never sold em.

Eric
September 19th, 2004, 18:03
Whoa thats kinda odd its very hard to keep your site legal it goes for anyone if its unofficial people maybe in trouble

MetaFox
September 19th, 2004, 22:12
Whoa thats kinda odd its very hard to keep your site legal it goes for anyone if its unofficial people maybe in troubleI'll quote Kamjin as he said it better than I would have:

It's Perfectly legal.. Lik-sang isn't selling them because of the hordes, of useless humans who have nothing better to do than make money off the simple pleasure of bringing someone else misery.. lawyers.. I think more countries should institute the "loser pays" law so that retarded law suits stop happening.

Taking something, modifying it, and re-selling it has always been legal..
Hotrods/perfomance.. AC Cobra/ Ferrari kits.. like taking that CPU, and attaching it to a motherboard, and putting it in a case, and sticking your logo on it. They haven't infinged on any patents since they bought the legitimate article, and placed it into a new case. All they've done is void the warranty.. which I believe is legal in most countries..

curt_grymala
September 20th, 2004, 03:42
I was surprised to see how expensive these things are. Wraggster says that GBAX has the best price he's seen around in a while, and they're still 129 pounds at that site. That works out to almost $250 in the US.