PDA

View Full Version : "No justification for stocking PSP Go" - Indie retailers

Shrygue
June 26th, 2009, 22:03
via Computer and Video Games

Independent retailers in UK have expressed a disinterest in PSP Go following the E3 announcement, over concerns of the console's price tag and its download-only software system.

Don McCabe, Joint MD of retailer Chips, told Edge-Online: "From my point of view I've got to think, 'Do I want to stock this?' Right now I can't see any justification for stocking it."

He added: "Certainly I'm not getting the response from consumers. Normally when a new piece of kit is launched or announced I'll get a multitude of people saying 'As soon as that comes out I want one of those.' [Potential] first adopters are on the phone within seconds of it being announced and you've got your pre-orders. I don't have a single pre-order for PSP Go at the moment."

Chris Harwood, a director at another retailer, Grainger Games, said: "We haven't got any [PSP Go pre-orders] at all. I think we'll have to stock it just for the customers that want it. For something like a new console we have to give the customer the option."

More over on Edge (http://www.edge-online.com/news/uk-indie-retailers-downbeat-on-psp-go).

jxx2005
June 27th, 2009, 07:29
seems to make sense to me
costs more, doesnt do more
does less, even without the consideration of homebrew