PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with PSP programming

Jimbo
April 7th, 2006, 18:57
Hi, I am new to PSP programming and I am trying to get together the tools that I need to create my first PSP application.

I installed cygwin and the psptoolchain as per the instructions on scriptscribbler.com

I then tried compiling a hello world program from the same site. The program compiles and generates a EBOOT.PBP file.

I then tried to run this file using PSPE but it wouldn't run. What am I doing wrong.

What is the recommended way of creating PSP programs?
What emulator can I use to test my programs?

Any hints and tips would be great. Thanks All!

dcmain
April 7th, 2006, 19:04
Sadly, PSPE really sucks. the newer pspsdk won't work with it at all, I believe. Try testing it on your psp, if you can.

Don't forget "make kxploit" makes the two folders you need if you have a 1.5.

Don't worry, either, it probably won't blow up ;)

Darksaviour69
April 7th, 2006, 19:06
are you thee jimbo, of Battery aka DCFighting, fame?

Jimbo
April 9th, 2006, 12:33
re: dcmain:
Sadly I don't have a PSP yet. The only way I can start writing programs (until I get a PSP) is by using an emulator. The programs/games that will run on PSPE, how were these programs created? With an earlier version of pspsdk or with another method?

re DarkSaviour69:
Sadly no. I may have to find a new name.

dcmain
April 9th, 2006, 16:27
Both, I think. A lot of the more established programs were made without pspsdk, as far as I know, but I only started playing with psp dev recently, so I'm not sure...

Basically, you're not going to get anywhere with PSPE, I don't think. It only emulated a small amount of the psp's capabilities in the first place.

How long is it before you do get a psp? If it's not so long, start writing stuff and just debug it when you get one. If it's ages, then, well, bad luck!

You could always write your own emulator, of course :rolleyes:

Good luck!
--
Dom