PDA

View Full Version : Any must play games you own and have yet to play or finish? (any platform)

mike_jmg
June 27th, 2009, 16:53
I think there was a similar topic some time ago but I was struggling with this right now.

So as the topic says, Which are the games you own everyone got hyped about that you have yet to play or finish?

Myself,
- I'm at the fire temple on Zelda Twilight princess (yeah begining)

- I liked Force Unleashed but I have yet to play the 360 version, which is just siting in my room collecting dust.

- Silent Hill Homecoming (not very popular but I wanted it), collecting dust as the one above.

- I haven't finished RE5, I'm almost against Wesker

- Haven't finished Resistance Retribution, it's good but I got bored.

Malksta
June 27th, 2009, 18:41
Only must-play game on your list is Zelda :P

For me, it's Valkyria Chronicles. Awesome game, but it's a game you need to play by yourself, and without a decent TV in my bedroom, it can't be done :Z

fg-54
June 27th, 2009, 22:28
Mario Galaxy, Metroid prime 3 and Soul Calibur 4

VampDude
June 27th, 2009, 23:01
Persona 4 - It's a must play game I have not yet completed due to being side tracked, but the time I spent plaing was awesome.

Final Fantasy XII - The disc has yet to leave the packaging, unplayed due to not playing Final Fantasy XI (I was told by some dude at GameStop in Ft.Worth that it's online only).

NiGHTS (Wii) - I never got into it, NiGHTS talking freaked me out at first and I wondered why she was English.

Eternal Darkness - This game is awesome, though I saved the game one day and then when I came back to it I had forgotten what it was I'm to do in that big round room. After that I never tried it again, though I should because I like the trickery within the game (there is a name for it).

Sonic Heroes - It was the first Sonic game I purchased that wasn't on a SEGA console, at first I thought it would be cool since the last Sonic game before that for me was Sonic Adventure but I was wrong and it sucked.

There are actually many games I've not even finished. Mainly because I get bored playing the same game for long periods of time, I prefer to have breaks with different games... Except I often forget to go back to finish the game I was playing, though if I played all the unfinished games I wouldn't need to buy any new games until possibly 2011 because I'm that bad. :eek:

Some kids weren't so lucky growing up, because they were made to complete the game they had before being allowed a new one (or traded for another). I quite often laughed at that, because compared to that I was spoilt and just had new games whenever. :D

Darksaviour69
June 28th, 2009, 03:02
I was playing the original box, got about 1/4 thought eps2, about 2-3 months ago and stopped. Just too much half live. I'm sure I'll go back and finish some day

mike_jmg
June 28th, 2009, 06:03
Yeah VampDude I'm on the same boat with the breaks between different games and getting some of the newest games without finishing the others.

But I really can't help it, I get bored pretty easily, then I jump to another, get bored, jump to another, etc.

Most of the time I'm juggling with 3 games at a time, unless I'm very interested in one, like with Gears of War, God of war or the Devil may Cry games.

VampDude
June 28th, 2009, 20:56
My attention span is low (very on the most case), which I lose interest in some games quickly (plus the fact I have many to play). The only game I keep going back to lately, then not bothering is Guitar Hero: MetallicA which in all honesty I find it to be uninteresting (especially the non-MetallicA tracks). But saying that, I should purchase the drum set before completely abandoning it as it could just be the guitar aspect I've lost interest in.

Boom Blox is another, though I've just started playing it again on/off just for the editor (Create Mode) as it's addicting in many ways to create a level to just watch destroy itself. :cool:

Triv1um
June 28th, 2009, 21:36
My attention span is low (very on the most case), which I lose interest in some games quickly (plus the fact I have many to play). The only game I keep going back to lately, then not bothering is Guitar Hero: MetallicA which in all honesty I find it to be uninteresting (especially the non-MetallicA tracks). But saying that, I should purchase the drum set before completely abandoning it as it could just be the guitar aspect I've lost interest in.

Boom Blox is another, though I've just started playing it again on/off just for the editor (Create Mode) as it's addicting in many ways to create a level to just watch destroy itself. :cool:

Stop with the capital A. It's killing me. It's not meant to be there. Haha.

---

Anyway, I need to complete Resi 5, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Uncharted (!), Metal Gear Solid 4 (Yes, i STILL haven't done it)

I'm really bad for not completing games, because games aren't what they used to be.

VampDude
June 28th, 2009, 22:32
Stop with the capital A. It's killing me. It's not meant to be there. Haha.

It's a force of habit. lol

Just fot the sake of not capitalizing the "A". :rolleyes:

Guitar Hero: METALLICA

I'm really bad for not completing games, because games aren't what they used to be.

They aren't, that is why many people prefer to play games from 10-20 years ago.

DPyro
June 28th, 2009, 23:55
Not necessarily must have games but stuff I haven't finished playing:

PS3/PSN
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Burnout Paradise
Everyday Shooter
Fatal Inertia EX
FINAL FANTASY VII (PS1)
flOw
High Velocity Bowling
Linger in Shadows
NHL 09
NOVASTRIKE
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Rock Band 2
Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Stardust HD
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Syphon Filter (PS1)
The Last Guy
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
WipeoutHD

Wii
Boom Blox Bash Party
MadWorld
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Punch-Out!!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

There's probably more but a I can't remember them all and too lazy to look them up.

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 10:22
FINAL FANTASY VII (PS1)

Woah, how could you not have completed Final Fantasy VII? I completed it those 10 years ago I saw it on the shelf on the Platinum range (I asked my mum to buy it for me), though I did play it all (entirely) through the summer of '99. :cool:

DPyro
June 29th, 2009, 16:06
Well my brother and his friend beat it several times while I watched. I just got the PSN version of it and transferred the save from PSP and don't remember what I'm suppose to do. I'm on the second disc and just found the key to Midgar but searched Midgar and can't find anything.

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 22:48
I last played Final Fantasy VII a few months back, though I didn't complete the first disc. I was sidetracked by Konami games as I want to get Psycho Mantis to say things about my memory card on Metal Gear Solid. :cool:

DPyro
June 29th, 2009, 22:49
I finally figured out what I needed to do, and it turns out I'm way farther than I thought I was. Now on disc three :p

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 23:04
I love that I have the ULTIMA from the begining, disc 3 and completion should take me a day if I put my mind to it. :p

daysocks
July 4th, 2009, 21:40
Oh man, I have far too many must play games I've not played yet.

Killer7 (Had it for 2 years and still not played, for shame.)
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Persona 3
Beyond Good and Evil
Neverwinter Nights
Fallout 1 & 2
Starcraft (:()
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mass Effect
Metroid Prime 2 & 3

I probably aught to hand in my gamer's licence :P