PDA

View Full Version : GuitarsOnFire v0.1a

wraggster
June 27th, 2009, 19:56
Daid (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Daid/GuitarsOnFire) has release GuitarsOnFire v0.1a :

Abstract
GuitarsOnFire is a GuitarHero clone, like Guitarfun and FretsOnFire. It uses FretsOnFire compatible songs, which can be found all over the internet. Everything will be released under GPL.

Status
In it's current state it supports playing single songs from SD card. Up to 5 players in quick play mode. With 4 guitars and 1 USB keyboard. It has no lag and all the notes are perfect on time.

Current 0.1alpha release lacks one important feature, which is the fact that you cannot fail.

Included songs
Mary Jo feat. Tommi Inkila - Bang Bang, Mystery Man (From FretsOnFire)
Tommi Inkila - Defy The Machine (From FretsOnFire)
Tommi Inkila - This Week I've Been Mostly Playing Guitar (From FretsOnFire)
Rusty Jaz Motor**** - American Radio (From Rusty Jaz Moror**** site)
Wishlist
This is my personal wishlist, or todo list. If you have a wish, then add it on the talk page.

Improve GFX, I already use some GFX from FretsOnFire and I might take some from GuitarFun.
Fix scoring system
Support for bass/rhythm lines
More gamemodes
Coop (Single song, Gig)
5 player versus (Single song and Gig mode)
2 vs 2 versus (Single song and Gig mode)
Last man standing (Playing song after song until everyone but 1 has failed)
Reading songs from USB drives and (CDs?) DVDs
Support for 2 USB keyboards, I think it's possible, but requires hacking of Libwiikeyboard library.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jay6
June 29th, 2009, 21:09
Actually, there are a lot of things that could be worked on. Such as HAMMER-ONS and PULL-OFFS. It's kind of sad that I have to let go of the previous notes just to hit a "hammer-on" note. Another sad fact that I can't be holding down lower frets while strumming another fret. Hammer-ons and Pull-offs is a must, not more game modes. Another thing that could be added, but not necessarily needed, is use of the whammy bar.
So far, the game isn't too bad. It's playable, but not as playable as it should be.