PDA

View Full Version : DC Speccyal K v0.3 released!

tyrell
September 6th, 2004, 13:12
DC Speccyal K v0.3 has been released.

What's new :

- Added support for TZX files. Please note that these files will load rather slowly but most should load without problems.

Get it at http://www.speccyal.be

Have fun!

_tyrell_

MetaFox
September 6th, 2004, 14:58
Oh boy! TZX support. ;D

* MetaFox goes off to play his Dreamcast

wraggster
September 6th, 2004, 15:24
thanks for the great release/news

tyrell
September 6th, 2004, 15:42
Like I said on another board ;) I hadn't time to test many TZX files so I cannot say whether there are problems with some tapes or particular loaders.

Feedback / bugs report welcome !

Have fun ...

_tyrell_

ps: be patient, TZX are *very* slow to load

arkDCman
September 8th, 2004, 06:14
I'd love to play it, but I don't know how to burn DC "plain" files. I know burn isos but not know what settings (joliet, iso, mode 1/2...) to burn this way...

BTW sna's and tap's can only be 8.3 file format?

chr0m
September 8th, 2004, 11:54
Please may anyone tell me how to obtain a running cd from the plain files of dc speccyal k 0.3.I waste a huge number of cds using nero but the cds i burned don't work (I used Utopia boot cd).
Which program i have to use and how?Thanks. ???

wraggster
September 8th, 2004, 13:28
ive got 20 of the best roms for the spectrum (legal too) to put in a nero image but for the life of me cant remember how to make cd images :(

curt_grymala
September 8th, 2004, 13:48
ive got 20 of the best roms for the spectrum (legal too) to put in a nero image but for the life of me cant remember how to make cd images :(

I know where you can find a few good tutorials on the subject. ;D

tyrell
September 8th, 2004, 14:52
You need selfboot inducer, 1ST_READ.BIN (scrambled) and IP.BIN. Once you've got everything, it should work. Make sure you have a correct IP.BIN because with some it will work with some others not...

_tyrell_

scrabbus
September 15th, 2004, 08:07
I'm having a hell of a time burning this. Now normally I just use DSSB et al boot progs, but since there is no ip bin, I cant, I went to Sbiffy and they dont have an SBI file for this, I have every single commercial game released for the spectrum (the computer I loved in the 80's) PLEASE CAN SOMEON HELP ME, damn am i shouting??? it must be the hour I went to bed last night after wasting 5 disks, hehehehe. ok guys can anyone help????

scrabbus
September 15th, 2004, 08:08
>:( doesnt boot at all

qatmix
September 15th, 2004, 09:49
Waggster. i'll email you a legal image.

scrabbus
September 16th, 2004, 02:02
thanks man, I apreciate it

Matty Jetman
April 29th, 2005, 19:24
Hiya,

Just got a dreamcast after finding out how cool emulators were from the GP32 forums.

Just been trying to get Speccyal to work (it's my fave emulator on the GP32!) but to no avail.

Using SBI I can get to the speccyal logo screen where it says to press any key but when I press a key I hear a bit of disk activity but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong??

I've managed to get other programs working with sbi but not this one....

Thanks,
Matty Jetman