PDA

View Full Version : PSP-FTPD: A FTP Server on your PSP (v0.3)

zx-81
April 7th, 2006, 23:43
Hi All,

PSP-FTPD is a simple FTP server for the PSP. It was originally written by PSPKrazy, and then improved by Raf (PSPDEV environnement compilation).

It permits to send and retrieve files or complete directories to and from your PSP without any cables, using your Wireless connection (WIFI), with a FTP
client on your PC such as Filezilla (see http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/).

Here is the list of the new features and changes i've done for this version :
- A menu to select your WIFI Access point.
- A really working multi-threaded version that can handle several client at the same time, and exit properly.
- Removing all user/password security check stuff (useless for file transfert between a PC and a PSP).
- Capability to rename files (FTP commands RNFR and RNTO)
- Capability to download or upload recursively a complete directory
- Many bug fixes.
- Working version for 2.5FW (and i hope for 2.6 FW)

It has been tested using gFtp on Linux and Filezilla on Windows.

A binary version for 2.x FW and sources are included in the following zip archive.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

StoneCut
April 8th, 2006, 04:32
Great stuff ! This one works for me (older versions didn't). I'm using FW1.5 btw, so this also works on older firmware. You just need to KXploit the EBOOT.

It doesn't check if WiFi is actually on, though. So, if you forget that the app will hang. You also can't exit via HOME then anymore.

There's also a tiny typo, hehe. It says "Waitting for ftp clients ..." :)

Great work, thank you !

I just wished, you had left the security stuff in it.

zx-81
April 8th, 2006, 10:40
Great stuff ! This one works for me (older versions didn't). I'm using FW1.5 btw, so this also works on older firmware. You just need to KXploit the EBOOT.

It doesn't check if WiFi is actually on, though. So, if you forget that the app will hang. You also can't exit via HOME then anymore.

Great work, thank you !

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to see that it works also for 1.5 FW.

About the security check, i can add it in the next version.

It could be an option, for example, if a config file is present and it contains a couple user/password line, then PSP-FTPD require user/passord check.
In the other case, PSP-FTPD behave like anonymous FTP but with full read/write access.

:)

scarph
April 8th, 2006, 16:50
i've been waiting for something like this for a long time.
i would be happy with usb connection in homebrew mode but this goes the extra mile and lets me do it from elsewhere.

GOOD WORK
: )

JustEaton
April 9th, 2006, 04:45
I just want to thank you for putting your time and effort in to making this. It's great that there are people out there like you who really care to improve other things for peoples lives!

I do have a quick question. Is this program homebrew? If it is, that's fine... I certainly have nothing against it, but I really want to use this program. If it isn't, how do you put it on the PSP and get it running? Any help is appreciated!

zx-81
April 9th, 2006, 10:25

Fixed in version v0.3.1 :)

This feature has been added in the new version, just for you lol :D

zx-81
April 9th, 2006, 10:28
@JustEaton: Thanks for your kind words, and to answer your question, yes it is a simple homebrew that you can install as all others :), using the eloader 0.97 for example.

JustEaton
April 9th, 2006, 18:18
I guess I'm gonna have to get GTA soon, seeing as how I really want to use this program! Can you transfer any files? i.e. music, videos, etc. (assuming enough space is on the memory card).

zx-81
April 9th, 2006, 18:29
Yes you can transfert any files, exactly as you can already do it with a USB cable :)