PDA

View Full Version : Exploit for Firmware 5:50: Now it is true!

wraggster
June 28th, 2009, 21:48
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=28628&view_reply=1)

As reported on a German forum, the German coder Miche2245 would publish an exploit, running on firmware 5.50, which exploits a bug in saving the game Monster Hunter Portable 2 (JAP).
More to follow.

info, details and use:

Quote:
.: Procedures:.:
The coder also reported that Need for Speed Underground (ENG) presents the possibility of launching the exploit but now has released only the procedure and specific files for the game Monster Hunter Portable 2 (JAP). This shows that many other games can be useful in order, just the time to find these security holes and to intervene in an unauthorized manner on the console.
A chronicle of having, through the exploits you can enable HEN (Homebrew Enabler) and consequently do not code certified the homenbrew.

E 'can use this exploit to run the chickHEN of Dave, the boot process dell'Homebrew Enabler thanks to the loading of the rescue of the game and no longer by loading previews of TIFF image changed from the dashboard menu.

• Download the package and unpack it on your desktop PC
• Connect your PSP to your PC via USB cable connection and
• Copy the folder / PSP / Memory Stick in the sovrescrivendo files and folders when asked.
• Disconnect the USB connection
• Insert and start the UMD Monster Hunter Portable 2 (JAP)
• Load the save hack

The exploit will be loaded on your PSP with firmware 5.50.

.: Usage:.:
E 'can use this exploit to run the chickHEN of Dave, the boot process dell'Homebrew Enabler thanks to the loading of the rescue of the game and no longer by loading previews of TIFF image changed from the dashboard menu.
You should be able to install both the CFGEN-a Custom Firmware that the Enabler, but is strongly recommended to wait for confirmation safe reliability and compatibility of the procedure.

WARNING: this exploit could be potentially dangerous because it can write to the flash memory of your PSP. Ne ion PSP-ITA we are responsible for any damage caused to your console due to the program.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

June 28th, 2009, 22:22
I'll get the need for speed when those files come out!
WOW!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

kz_se7en
June 29th, 2009, 00:29
what can I do with this, can I play homebrew on it, or run my back up games on it.

mcdougall57
June 29th, 2009, 00:55
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinman
June 29th, 2009, 03:39
what can I do with this, can I play homebrew on it, or run my back up games on it.

It is basically HEN, but I do not know if it will work on the 3000.

this is a savegame exploit, to start a hen in 5.50 ofw..
this savegame is for monster hunter freedom 2(JAP)

darkriku2000
June 29th, 2009, 03:53
so, in theory, could this be used with a US version of MHF 2?

NeoXCS
June 29th, 2009, 04:01
WARNING: this exploit could be potentially dangerous because it can write to the flash memory of your PSP. Ne ion PSP-ITA we are responsible for any damage caused to your console due to the program.[/INDENT]

Responsible eh? :p Silly typos. I'm glad we have a new exploit out now.

Sterist
June 29th, 2009, 05:51
OMFG why must people be sooo oblivious and stupid about timely releasing exploits?!

WAIT for the dam PSP Go! err... too late now.

german retard

Hello new patched release-date firmware for PSP Go!

cheeze6661
June 29th, 2009, 07:16
OMFG why must people be sooo oblivious and stupid about timely releasing exploits?!

WAIT for the dam PSP Go! err... too late now.

german retard

Hello new patched release-date firmware for PSP Go!

true, the psp go will probably release with 5.51 now...... that sucks

cory1492
June 29th, 2009, 07:27
Er... panties in a bunch much? Good luck trying to play a UMD of anything on PSP GO! It's also a good bet that online digital copies on the "GO store" will be pulled and updated when such exploits are publicized :P

I'll leave you to discuss amongst yourselves the meaning of retard.

B2K24
June 29th, 2009, 09:21
Er... panties in a bunch much? Good luck trying to play a UMD of anything on PSP GO! It's also a good bet that online digital copies on the "GO store" will be pulled and updated when such exploits are publicized :P

Haha well said Cory, best post I've read in a while.
Everyone always wants the latest and greatest things exploited without even knowing any dammed thing about it. Everyone screaming about 5.50 M33 please stfu as well. Always demanding without knowing so many are.

The GO will be epic fail because the masses want CHEAP. If they are already gonna screw the display and make it smaller they need a $129 price point handheld to compete with DS and DSi.

The GO as it's going digital only, will be to complex for the masses to really understand it's operation and most go by word of mouth of friends about what to buy so expect most to buy iphone or itouch whatever the latest apple crap is these days at that expensive price tag.

Homerun
June 29th, 2009, 19:07
Anyone try this with MH2 US?

Anyone?

I have a 3000 with 5.5 this better work....
please some one try it.

Shrygue
June 29th, 2009, 20:00
So a save data exploit has come huh? That's good to hear, let's see what happens next from here.

Sterist
June 29th, 2009, 20:26

lol actually.. yeah :o UMD exploit = no good on PSP Go!

however, there have been half a dozen classic examples of exploits being release before a big software / hardware update, including the 2000 and 3000, and 5.50 firmware.

the others i cannot recall right now were not in recent times nor do i have the motivation to research anything about it beyond what i have just typed.

P.S. the community could have been tipped prior to the release of the exploit to download X game(s) to atleast benefit a few thousand people. i do not doubt they would remove it from the store, but without the release of the exploit they might classify it as a rumor for a short period of time.