PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Dagur Review

wraggster
April 8th, 2006, 02:06
Lynx has posted a review of the excellent homebrew RPG by LiraNuna.

Heres an excerpt:

Overall, this game is pretty awesome for a homebrew game you can download for free off the internet (this site)! There are a few bugs, and some settings that need to be adjusted to make the game more fun. As I was building up my character, I was able to pretty much kill all of the monsters without any problems at all. So, I decided to head over to Fire and take her on. If it wasn't for all the free items in the castle and around, I would have lost this fight for sure, but having 5 full potions to keep me going was more then enough to beat her. Once killed, she gives you 3000 gold. 3000 gold at the store is enough for a shopping spree. Once you leave, there is nothing left in the game (not even ANY of the bosses) that can stop you. I guess if you purchase the wrong stuff, there might be a challenge, but watching the effects on your stats, you are able to set yourself up to be safe. From there, I headed over to Ice/Water and stomped on him. I had to contact LiraNuna to find Earth, as I thought I had walked the complete map and coundn't find that boss.. At this point, walking around the map becomes a challege as you are attacked every 2 seconds, even when you are on a path. Walking from one boss to the next can take up to 5 minutes and a whole lot of A tapping just to get through the fight seens as no monster stands a chance anymore.

As for the bug, you complete the game and the save screen indicates you are only 37% done. Oops.

Full review here --> http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=99