PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki named as new SCEI deputy president

wraggster
June 29th, 2009, 16:35
Kunimasa Suzuki has been named as new deputy president of SCEI, a role in which he will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's PlayStation business.

Suzuki has been with Sony since 1984 where he worked originally in the company's overseas marketing division. In more recent years, he served as general manager of Sony's VAIO business and EVP of Sony Electronics in the United States.

His new role will see him report to Kazuo Hirai, president and group CEO and EVP and president of the Networked Products and Service Group (NPSG) and take responsibility for the areas of strategy and product planning. The role is in addition to his current one as SVP and deputy president of NPSG and is effective from July 1.

"Suzuki combines strong leadership qualities with a profound knowledge of network business and strategy that he has accumulated over many years working in the area of consumer products, such as VAIO," Sony said. "Together with Hirai, he will now spearhead the PlayStation business, where the network will now play an even greater role in expanding the business going forward."

"I'm extremely excited to join the PlayStation team," Kunimasa Suzuki said of his new role. "I'm determined to maximise my contribution to accelerating the expansion of the PlayStation business, one of Sony's core categories, and at the same time play an active role in linking the consumer electronics and PlayStation teams to strategically fuse both businesses and create new and truly unique Sony user experiences."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/suzuki-named-as-new-scei-deputy-president