PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Can You Answer This Plz?

Legionnare
April 8th, 2006, 11:55
Judging by your present rate of progess (awesome work by the way) when are we likely so see a decent (20+ FPS) playable version of the N64 Emulator? I can be patient, but im just curious. 6-8 months?

sirbes
April 8th, 2006, 12:08
can sum1 plz put sum games that i can download on2 my psp cause im startin 2 get bored of mi crpy psp

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2006, 14:25
how about when u can get goldeneye to work at 30fps?

Evab3vA
April 8th, 2006, 15:08
how about when u can get goldeneye to work at 30fps?

A very very long time away. :) Even using N64 emulators on the PC Goldeneye requires more ooomph than most other games.

pkmaximum
April 8th, 2006, 17:28
Why don't you put this thread on his forum section?

PSmonkey
April 8th, 2006, 19:19
Hopefuly this year we will be playing many games at 30+ fps. Its just taking a bit of time to do so.

pkmaximum
April 8th, 2006, 21:39
Well I hate to go into more detail with another question so if you don't want to answer this question I understand. But when do you think we will be playing Mario64 at a playable speed (30fps+)? Don't care how long it takes just want to have a basic idea how long do you think from the coding your doing how long it should take.

yaustar
April 8th, 2006, 21:48
How long is a piece of string? It is extremely difficult to predict the problems that may arise in the development process especially this early especially if they are not design orientated.

Legionnare
April 8th, 2006, 21:59
Hopefuly this year we will be playing many games at 30+ fps. Its just taking a bit of time to do so.

Thx for answering. I'll look forward to it.

Gary13579
April 8th, 2006, 23:20
Well I hate to go into more detail with another question so if you don't want to answer this question I understand. But when do you think we will be playing Mario64 at a playable speed (30fps+)? Don't care how long it takes just want to have a basic idea how long do you think from the coding your doing how long it should take.
Wasn't the only N64 game to run at more then 30 FPS, F-Zero? Or was it Waverace?
I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure most games run at 30 FPS, so don't expect higher then that ;)

PSmonkey
April 9th, 2006, 04:59
Wasn't the only N64 game to run at more then 30 FPS, F-Zero? Or was it Waverace?
I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure most games run at 30 FPS, so don't expect higher then that ;)

Yeah but Emulator FPS & Game FPS are two different things. Even if an emulator & a game both run at 30fps. It does not mean the final output is 30fps. I means the final output is actualy 15fps or half the games speed. The reason is even tho the game is running at 30fps it is in sync with the tv which runs at 60hz (or 50hz if you use pal).

But any ways. It will come some day but more problems arries which are delaying me further. I'm pretty well stuck in the gpu hle emulation at the moment. :(

calebg
April 9th, 2006, 22:02
why do you guys keep asking the same question just shut the F*CK UP and let him do his work