PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 release announcement "soon"

Shrygue
June 29th, 2009, 20:08
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218440)

We respect the fact that Gran Turismo 5 will have a billion cars, each made with a trillion polygons and all that. Great. But when will we get to play the damn game? The producer, Kazunori Yamauchi will tell us "soon", apparently.

The game is expected out next year, but exactly when is anyone's guess. When quizzed recently on the game's release, Yamauchi said: "We made the announcement today that [the handheld game player PSP GO] is coming out Oct. 1 [with Gran Turismo 5 on it]. We will give the release date of the Gran Turismo 5 soon."

We think he meant that PSP Go will be out on October 1 with Gran Turismo PSP on it, which looks swell, by the way.

Fingers crossed the PS3 game will get an early 2010 release.

Emulation_Chief
June 30th, 2009, 01:25
Hello:

I believe that the wait for GT5 would be longer. If the 2010 lineup of PS3 games that appeared on this year's E3 is true, Sony will push this game for next holidays. The other key game is God of War 3, and that one is expected before summer 2010 ends. And that's my best guess.

My bet on GT5 is November or December 2010. Time will tell if I'm correct.