PDA

View Full Version : WiiSX Beta 1 Released - PSX Emulator for Gamecube

wraggster
June 29th, 2009, 21:39
The EmulateMii Team (http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?p=112) have today released the first beta of their PSX Emulator for Gamecube, heres the full news item:

As you may recall, WiiSX was put aside for us to all focus on Wii64. However, I picked it up again over the past weekend and made a few improvements along with a bit of help from tehpola. I ported over the pcsx-df code which is an updated and less-buggy pcsx codebase which instantly gave us great compatibility results in the Interpreter.

However, I then got the PowerPC recompiler (Originally from here coded by Gil Pedersen) working. It didn’t take much to get it into a operational state, just making it not mess with the GPR r13 to comply with EABI standard got it working, as well as some other small tweaks here and there. I also added some more functionality to it (recompiled all loads) and gave it 8MB of memory to keep recompiled code in (this is 7MB only for GC), but will gradually get bigger as I move things to MEM2/ARAM. There’s quite a bit to be improved within the dynarec, and quite a bit to be coded still, but I’m quite happy with its performance all things considered.

The GUI is non-existant apart from two options and a text based file browser. You can choose between the Dynarec or Interpreter and a Standard Controller or a Analog Controller. The analog controller is broken in some games, and so is the Dynarec (Final Fantasy VII battles).

Of course there is quite a bit to do, such as XA audio, CDDA audio, a GUI, Save states, .iso support, and much more, but this project will go on the sidelines again until the Wii64 beta is released. We hope to see positive some contributions to the code in the meanwhile whilst we work on Wii64 and not just controller config hacks

The full source (now updated with my latest changes) is available at http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goshogun1
June 30th, 2009, 19:14
I have heard that a lot of games run at decent or full speed. I couldn't believe it at first, but it is true.

Baboon
June 30th, 2009, 19:26
Strider 2, Castlevania SOTN, GTA, Marvel Vs Capcom, In The Hunt, R-types, R-type Delta, Harmful Park etc all seem full speed to me and have a pretty consistant high fps (but its got some sound issues). :)

So far so good...

wraggster
June 30th, 2009, 19:34
awesome, i wonder if ,my faves like Command and Conquer retaliation work at full speed

gary_abernethy2
December 20th, 2010, 02:00
so if I get this I can buy a copy of jedi power battles, Masters of Teras Kasi and Life; and play them on my Wii!?!

WhizzBang
December 20th, 2010, 20:06
No. You can not use Playstation discs on the Wii as they are CDs and the Wii can only read DVDs.

Also, many games are very playable but some are not. Gran Turismo runs extremely well and is the only game I have on my SD card.