PDA

View Full Version : Moonwalker MegaDrive/Genesis

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 23:27
Possibly the newest game to hit the skyrocket price line.

Just the otherday, you could get Moonwalker for about £10/$15 but just recently over the past few days it has reached it's all time high of £40-£100.

Is it going to be the next game to remain at a stupid price, or is it just a passing phase?

I'm wondering if anything of this will hit the SEGA news sites.

Darksaviour69
June 29th, 2009, 23:37
Moonwalker on XBLA?

Triv1um
June 29th, 2009, 23:45
It's a terrible terrible game.

Its not worth a penny.

The Michael Jackson fad will end soon. The prices will fall back.

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 23:46
Moonwalker on XBLA?

No, the actual cartridge of Moonwalker for the MegaDrive. I've never seen a game go from cheap to over priced in a matter of days, Panzer Saga took 6 years to get the price tag it now has but Moonwalker was one of those cheap games you would see in the used game store for little as £8-10 which has been the last 15 or so years but now it's reaching prices of £40+ on eBay because people are in a sudden demand for the game.

It's a terrible terrible game.

Its not worth a penny.

The Michael Jackson fad will end soon. The prices will fall back.

It's a rubbish game, but I'm guessing the people will pay anything for Michael Jackson memorabilia (even if junk).

Triv1um
June 29th, 2009, 23:54
It's a rubbish game, but I'm guessing the people will pay anything for Michael Jackson memorabilia (even if junk).

Yep, it's true. People are still buying his concert tickets. Just so they can have the ticket that he never played.

I wish I had enough money to do that and not regret it.

VampDude
June 30th, 2009, 00:33
I wouldn't buy stuff to no value, unless I could use it... Though if to resell and make money from it in later years, the purchase would have paid off.

Eviltaco64
June 30th, 2009, 05:21
Maybe people have finally come to respect the high quality gameplay (press A to get down or to grab crotch, B to throw sparkles, and C to jump) that's only found in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

TacticalBread
June 30th, 2009, 09:45
what are you guys talking about, I loved that game when I was a kid.

VampDude
June 30th, 2009, 14:16
Maybe people have finally come to respect the high quality gameplay (press A to get down or to grab crotch, B to throw sparkles, and C to jump) that's only found in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

The game wasn't that good though, it was flawed much like many other games from the 80's.

http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/3000/t_screwattack_avgn_moonwalker_gt.mov

what are you guys talking about, I loved that game when I was a kid.

I preferred to play Sonic as a kid, though the arcade version of Moonwalker is an awesome game though I never played it but I want to. :p

Triv1um
June 30th, 2009, 15:37
Haha, nice video Vamp. Made me giggle.

I never got past the first level on the ****ing thing.

VampDude
June 30th, 2009, 17:19
Like Sonic, the levels on Moonwalker are in stages/rounds. Each level has three, which I got to the 5th (2-2) where it's a muti-storey car park full of cars with bombs (as stated by James Rolfe - AVGN)... I really wanted to dance with the dogs in 2-3, or at least kick or crotch bash them. :p

Eviltaco64
June 30th, 2009, 18:09
I myself could never get past stage 4-3 (the caves). There was one child that I just couldn't find. I'd then slowly die a painful death and waste all of my continues.