PDA

View Full Version : Jackal SGA SE (special edition)

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Ian Michael has release Jackal SGA SE (special edition)an update to his last weeks release.[br][br]You can now play the arcade game and the NES version of Jackal in one compilation! The NES version is using Nesterdc which boots straight to the game....This is a first! Easy to use and fun. NES and Arcade action in one download. No roms are ever included, so please dont ask! (not even in email- thanks!)If this is taken well, I would consider doing more. Any requests are welcome on my forum. I'll try all requests, and see if it's possible. [br][br]You can download SGA from [br]]The Jackal SE page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/jackalse.shtml[br)

[Modified 09/09/04 12:02:40 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

WHurricane16
September 9th, 2004, 06:24
This was a cool idea. I'm sorry, I just love 'Jackal' :-*

curt_grymala
September 9th, 2004, 13:30
I just wish he had used the updated MAME source, instead of using the 3.36 source again.

MetaFox
September 9th, 2004, 19:14
I just wish he had used the updated MAME source, instead of using the 3.36 source again.Aye, but if he does use the old source, he could at least update the 0.36 romsets to match the new sets in the sources - it only takes a couple of minutes.

curt_grymala
September 9th, 2004, 19:49
Aye, but if he does use the old source, he could at least update the 0.36 romsets to match the new sets in the sources - it only takes a couple of minutes.

That's basically what I was getting at. I just wish that it supported newer romsets. It's really difficult to get your hands on older romsets, and so we'll get 8 million newbs asking why their roms don't work.

VampiricS
September 9th, 2004, 20:32
You people should at least try to look a little more, most of the time, for those old games the rom didn't change since mame .36 anyway, many games including jackal do runs on those SGA even with the new romsets that can be found on sites. Same goes for the TMNT SGA.

Ian_micheal
September 9th, 2004, 20:51
Yes same romset on 80 works on 36. As the guest said there is no need most sga's i do work with the new romsets as well. Check if the rom set has changed most times it has not.

In the case of the jackal it has not changed so the new set works on it as well since it's not the new set but the same one.

So no it's not hard to get hold of and no point updating any thing when it's the same romset as the latest.

Just check when it last changed like the guest..