PDA

View Full Version : how to make maps?

hankvonhelvete
April 8th, 2006, 17:29
hey im new here. and i wonder how do i do maps for iris?
i made alot of maps few years ago to cs. so i think i now the basics.

are there some online tutorials for mapping iris?

what apps do i nead?

rock on ERIK

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 17:37
ya!! i would really like to make some maps too......i already have some good ideas,anybody know where we can get tutorials or anything like that?

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 17:41
Here is a sample map to get you started. Use the blocks to build your walls (use copy paste ;) ), and use Q3radiant to compile.

EDIT: Some tutorials to help you :) Here (http://fps.brainerd.net/qworkshoptuts.htm)

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 17:54
thanks,and do i need to download Q3radiant,cause i found it on google and im downloading it now,do i need it?

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 17:58
Ya you need Q3radiant to compile. You can use Gtkradiant to create the map, and then open it in Q3radiant and compile with the fastvis settings.

Produkt
April 8th, 2006, 18:13
If you wanna catch me on msn or aim, I'd be glad to teach you how to map for iris 0.1

only people currently working on full modifacations will I teach how to map for 0.15

hankvonhelvete
April 8th, 2006, 18:15
il maybe contact you on msn another day.

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 19:03
hey,i downloaded the q3radiant,but....when i extract them they're just in a folder on my desktop and i can't do anything with them,what do i do?

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 21:38
I Really Need To Know

Infernux
April 9th, 2006, 02:44
i believe iris is based off of the bsp viewer, for quake 3 bsp maps. So can't you just download the quake 3 sdk and build maps using that?