PDA

View Full Version : PSP-FTPD: A FTP Server on your PSP v0.3.1

zx-81
April 8th, 2006, 23:42
Hi All,

Here is a new release (and i hope the last) of PSP-FTPD a FTP server for your PSP.

It permits to send and retrieve files or complete directories to and from your PSP without any USB cables,
using your Wireless connection (WIFI), with Internet Explorer or a FTP client on your PC.

What's new in version 0.3.1 :

- Bug fix in rename command, RNFR handshake message was not strictly compliant with the RFC,
and it wasn't understood by IExplorer.
- Capability to specify in a configuration file (psp-ftpd.cfg), a couple user/password for FTP authentication.
- Binary version for 1.5FW
- Improve transfert rate (500kbps from PSP->PC, 200kbps from PC->PSP)
- Increase wifi connection delay (should be easier to connect to your router)
- Add usefull informations in the README file (so please read it)

How to use it ?

Run PSP-FTPD on your PSP, and choose your wifi access point using arrow and press X to validate.
After few seconds, you should see the message "FTP Server is now running on ftp://192.168.0.10/
(with the IP address of your connection)

If you use anonymous connection (without any password in the psp-ftpd.cfg file) then you can access
your PSP using Internet Explorer with the previous URL (ftp://192.168.0.10/).

If you use authentication, you have to specify user and password in the URL, for example :
ftp://zx:[email protected]/

When you have finished to transfert, rename, remove etc ... files on your PSP,
you can press the [] key to close the connection and go back to the eloader.

Finally ?

It has been tested using gFtp on Linux and Internet Explorer and Filezilla on Windows.

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in this zip archive.

Enjoy, Zx.

not here anymore
April 9th, 2006, 01:01
man this program is ****ing excellent.
It's working perfect on my PSP fw 1.0 btw
Later,

TSR

vichhaykhiev
April 9th, 2006, 07:01
This program is very good. i like it. it work smoothly with my psp 2.6. now i have question. do they have any program to browse the file from my pc on my psp. and i can control it on my psp and either download file from my pc to my psp. by using my psp without wire. can we do that?

zx-81
April 9th, 2006, 10:31
This program is very good. i like it. it work smoothly with my psp 2.6. now i have question. do they have any program to browse the file from my pc on my psp. and i can control it on my psp and either download file from my pc to my psp. by using my psp without wire. can we do that?

I think such a homebrew exists, its called TedZero Browser, but you have to run a dedicated server on the PC side. And unfortunatelly i've not been able to find sources of this great apps, so i can't try to make it work with 2.5 or 2.6 FW :( :( :(

Edit: one can imagine a samba client port to PSP ? :)

not here anymore
April 9th, 2006, 15:25
zw-81, thanks for your hard work!
This is a very good app, no need for USB cable anymore to upgrade eboot.pbps from PC.
Maybe you have knowledge enough to make the PSP behave as FTP client instead of FTP server and would be willing to help Raf for a new feature of PSPRadio:
http://pspradio.berlios.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=244
Bye,

TSR

StoneCut
April 9th, 2006, 17:47
This works excellent, thanks for putting the authentication stuff back in.

Elsid
April 9th, 2006, 17:54
Kool!

zx-81
April 9th, 2006, 20:12
This works excellent, thanks for putting the authentication stuff back in.

Thanks ! I'm working on a new feature (for security purposes), in the version v3.0.2 (soon available), we can specify the root directory of the FTP server, in order not to let all the memory stick directories visible by FTP clients.

:)

the-hornet
April 10th, 2006, 20:25
does it work only with an accespoint or does it also works with an ad-hoc-connection??

Linwoodberl
December 24th, 2008, 08:26
FTP server?
I need a good, free, easy to use FTP server relatively soon since I'm not sure how much longer my computer is going to be working. Anyone know where i can download one? Thanks in advance :)

John Paul
March 13th, 2009, 03:46
That was a very useful information about FTP. It helps people like me who are just trying to learn about it. Very helpful.