PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Most Boring Sport

wraggster
July 1st, 2009, 18:28
You know unlesss your a fan i cant for the life of me watch either Cricket, Baseball or American Football, watching any of them is like watching paint dry, infact paint seems more interesting

anyone agree ?

Eviltaco64
July 1st, 2009, 21:15
Nope. Now, coming from the United States I enjoy baseball and football.

You really never see anything about Cricket over here. I'm sure it's definitely more of a British sport.

I'm not all too big on soccer, but it's still watchable.

I guess the most boring sport in my opinion is probably tennis.

Triv1um
July 1st, 2009, 23:51
I hate Football (Soccer to you yanks)

I would rather skin my own penis than watch a match.

jamotto
July 2nd, 2009, 01:29
MMA is extremely boring, followed by Shuffleboard.

fg-54
July 2nd, 2009, 02:55
I love football (Soccer) But then again I am South American :P

DPyro
July 2nd, 2009, 03:45
I'm going to a baseball game in August :D

ganondorf
July 4th, 2009, 03:31
Football (soccer) is the only sport I watch. Baseball and American football is pretty boring.

WhizzBang
July 4th, 2009, 07:42
I think basketball is boring. You might think it is exciting because there is lot's of scoring, but this is precisely why it is boring. Each team takes it in turn at scoring and there is nothing to get excited about as a basket is scored and then 1 minute later another is scored, and so on. The the final score is something like 75-76, so it was only the last few minutes of the game that made any difference to anything. In basketball you could leave the room for 5 minutes and miss half a dozen baskets and the score is still level.

quzar
July 4th, 2009, 08:58
Curling. The end.

bullhead
July 4th, 2009, 12:58
Tennis makes me want to throw the rope up. If I was forced to watch a whole game of tennis, I would probably start to feel terribly depressed and restless.

However, if the tennis ball was shaped like a rugby ball, and the racket was angular like a dead animal, the game of tennis would be much more fun to watch

bullshit, x.

quzar
July 4th, 2009, 15:47
However, if the tennis ball was shaped like a rugby ball, and the racket was angular like a dead animal, the game of tennis would be much more fun to watch

Ever seen jai-alai? It's kind of like doubles tennis (although it can be played with 8 player teams and not just 2) but the ball is slung back and forth instead of smacked. Very interesting.

VampDude
July 4th, 2009, 20:56
Most ball sports are boring, especially if they exceed 80 minutes... Cricket goes on for like a week, 9 innings of baseball takes aproximately 160 minutes (both sports are extremely boring).

Motor sports are usually the least boring, because one can be hopeful for a race halting crash... Belgium in 1998, the biggest crash I've ever seen in Fomula One history when almost a third of the drivers couldn't race due to there not being enough backup cars to continue the race (F1 teams always have one backup) after a huge crash not far from the starting grid delayed the race around 40-50 minutes which it then continued in full for the near 2 hours (44 laps) in which only 8 drivers finished the race. :cool:

DPyro
July 5th, 2009, 02:56
Are you kidding me? Nascar is probably the least interesting sport there is. What's fun about watching cars go around a circular track? Snore...

Malksta
July 5th, 2009, 03:07
Football. My whole family loves it, I don't :(

VampDude
July 5th, 2009, 12:36
Are you kidding me? Nascar is probably the least interesting sport there is. What's fun about watching cars go around a circular track? Snore...

NASCAR is boring after a few laps, unless there are big crashes which halts the race completely... One reason why I only ever watch the race highlights (when I remember).

Funny Car / Drag Races are the most interesting, because they are short... Though dangerous for the driver, especially if the car decides to explode (Scott Kalitta last year (http://cdnec.livevideo.com/video/flash8/29/528929/692479.flv)).

muqtada123
July 8th, 2009, 18:11
Cricket Yes It's Cricket

Darksaviour69
July 8th, 2009, 18:16
(F1 teams always have one backup) :

Not any more, they have gotten rid of that a few years ago to cut costs. Rules are one car per driver, only one engine for every 2 races (i think that thats been changed again this year to like only 5 engines for the whole year)

rugby (6 nations, or world cup) and/or GAA are the best ball sports

dan369
July 20th, 2009, 03:16
Any sport can be boring depending on the match really.
f1 races are sometimes good but mostly boring, only until the last few matches were the stakes are high does it matter.
Cricket, i do like test cricket but other than that it's crap.
I love American football, because of the tackles mainly. Not a big fan of basketball/baseball though. Love Rugby :) (hey, i'm Welsh, what can you expect? ;) )

Xtreme2damax
July 20th, 2009, 05:00
Watching sports is boring period.. I like to play sports, not watch them. :p

But golf and football are at the top of my list for the most boring to watch, at least for me.

katachristic
July 20th, 2009, 06:34
it really does depend whether youre playing or watching them
you know a sport sux if you'd rather watch than play.
if i chose watching itd be b/c id rather sleep;)

as far as watching goes id probably have to say american football is great b/c they zoom in and replay all the things that hurt worst like 3 times each. thats just great

now if i had to watch golf, cricket, nascar, or anything else like that id probably just curl up on the spot and begin hibernation.
dont get me wrong golf is fun to play
and im such a speedbug and crashfan that id particpate in racing event just to try and bumpdraft people to cause crashes:)

cricket just sux; it can eat me

btw to whoever was talking about making tennis violent thank u for the wonderful images but i belive that would be similar to lacrosse
each player wears a hook-shaped chute on their arm for catching and firing the ball

best sport ever would probably be paintball though(to play of course)

mike_jmg
August 10th, 2009, 19:15
Baseball is the one I really can't stand, but I try not to watch sport matches of any kind, only superbowl or a match I have money on :p

wraggster
August 10th, 2009, 19:18
cricket, baseball and american football

PLZKLLME0080
August 13th, 2009, 05:30
I can usually get into almost any sport. Racing isn't really my thing though, and either is American Soccer/Non-American Football.

Predator
September 7th, 2009, 22:35
Love this picture. :rofl:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147511292&d=1252358980