PDA

View Full Version : DOSBox Wii 0.73.02 - Dos Emulator for Wii

wraggster
July 1st, 2009, 21:35
Tantric (http://code.google.com/p/dosbox-wii/downloads/list)has released a new version of his Dos Emulator for the Wii:

Features
USB Keyboard and mouse support.
Wiimote pointer support.
SD/USB mounting.
Most DOS games are playable.
Instructions
You need a Wii Remote and a USB keyboard.

The C: drive will automatically be mounted to sd:/DOSBox/ if loaded from apps/dosbox-wii/. Otherwise, the directory the dol is loaded from will be mounted as C, and sd:/DOSBox as D (if present). The Z: driver is a virtual drive that is part of DOSBox.

Other drives can be mounted using the MOUNT command. Prefix sd: for an SD card, and usb: for a USB drive. The Wii's DVD drive and network folders can't be mounted at this time.

The configuration file is loaded from the directory the dol is located in (if present) and sd:/DOSBox/dosbox.conf otherwise. This file will be created automatically after you start DOSBox. Please edit it with a text editor to choose settings appropriate for each game.

Press the Home button, type "exit", press Ctrl+F9, or press Reset (on the console) to exit.

0.73.02 - July 1, 2009
Upgraded DOSBox engine to latest SVN
Fixed lockup when only using the Wiimote (no attachments connected)
Compiled with latest libogc and SDL Wii

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wolfpack
July 2nd, 2009, 04:20
Anyone know if the games are very playable in this release?

I'd try myself but I dont have a USB Keyboard >>_<<

grossaffe
August 12th, 2009, 11:06
okay, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to mount my USB storage device.
"Other drives can be mounted using the MOUNT command. Prefix sd: for an SD card, and usb: for a USB drive. The Wii's DVD drive and network folders can't be mounted at this time."

so when I type in the mount command:
mount d usb:
it tells me the directory does not exist. I have tried numerous possible variations of said command in case somehow I did something wrong, but absolutely nothing is working.

How the heck do I mount a usb storage device?

KristenBaldousor
August 12th, 2009, 17:57
i'll be trying a couple of old school hentai games on this and post results

Current games i have in mind

RunAway City
Seasons of sakura
3 sisters Story
Mad Paradox