PDA

View Full Version : Can any coders tell me if they get PMs from PSPupdates or Maxconsole staff

wraggster
April 10th, 2006, 11:35
It seems that the PSPupdates and also Maxconsole lot are PMing coders and asking them to release on their forums and offering cash too to be exclusive, if anyones been offered and feels lile telling could they, this type of underhanded tactics ruins the scene

GyroVorbis
April 12th, 2006, 23:22
I haven't gotten anything (but then again only you guys know that I'm working on something).

That is pretty low. Laughable actually. I hope nobody actually does this, for real guys this is not cool.

drEDN4wt
April 19th, 2006, 21:34
A pm i recieved 29th march

PSP WORLD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am writing to invite you to www.***********, which will soon have the domain www.*******. I have asked you to join because you are a highly respected coder and thought that you would be a great addition to the site. We have actually created a decent site. Please join, as I didn't send this to everyone like you probably think, I chose you out of everyone. cheers, dawd.

PS:-Reply back if you want to join. Please do

Darksaviour69
April 19th, 2006, 21:54
yeah he sent msg for other members too, including staff. we already give him a warning, but thanks for the heads up

motz
April 20th, 2006, 07:52
This sort of behaviour ruins it for everyone. :mad:

wraggster
April 20th, 2006, 15:50
yeah the dirty tricks they pull is beyond belief

id rather have a community where we all have a slice of the action but they want it for themselves

MikeDX
May 18th, 2006, 14:59
I think it's time something was seriuosly done about them.

I propose that we dont allow qj.net from hosting any of our files. they are rude beyond belief and never provide any links back to the developer sites unless they are self hosted.

Darksaviour69
May 18th, 2006, 15:15
i know Mike, but the last time we "stood up " to pspu its started a whole site war, which both sites did not link to each other and ban the others name in the forum... that just hurts the scene, and i'm not for that at all. The people with the real power are the coders, not the site staff (thats both us and them)

its up to coders if they want there stuff only hosted exclusively to a certain site, (not too sure about GPL would allow that though), and if another site hosts there stuff with out premission, send a cease and desist letter.

MikeDX
May 18th, 2006, 15:27
You know, it's almost worth coding something kickass on the PSP just to release it and PREVENT pspu from posting it :)

Darksaviour69
May 18th, 2006, 15:29
lol

mexicansnake
May 20th, 2006, 01:22
damn wars lol!