PDA

View Full Version : Dreamshell - A DC 'OS'

quzar
September 1st, 2004, 14:29
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.walls2/DreamShell_v1.3.0_build_71_by_SWAT .exe

Apparently this is a graphical interface that allows you to run programs on your DC from CDs. It works like an OS apparently, and can also run scripts written for it off the VMU.

Only drawback? Its in Russian. Maybe someone will translate it...

(oh, by the way, this was made by S.W.A.T.)

ron
September 1st, 2004, 14:41
IF it's what I Think, is going to be a great tool for all Dreamers. I'm just downloading and very interested in it. I'll tell u later what happened. Zee ya

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 14:46
wow

heres a translation

This page of posveshchena to my project by the name DreamShell.
Here is located all information about the last versions DreamShell and the renovations to it.
But now strictly about program itself:
DreamShell this (poka)malenkaya operating system for Dreamcast. I studied this project seriously and in dalneyshem will be developed the new versions DreamShell. It will be more functional and convenient in the work. In dalneyshem DreamShell must be simply house for Dreamcast. Renovations will be accessible to it, kotoriye you will be able to skachat' with the aid of the browser, and in the future of renovation you will rock directly from the very DreamShell. Renovations will remain on VMU and load at will of user. You will be able to be connected with other users DreamShell and to be exchanged with them files, information and to vobshche by all, than you will be able and which will support DreamShell. Will be created main server for DreamShell, where its users can be encountered, tyuey obshchatsya to exchange information.
Well and teper about today's abilities DreamShell:
Menu DreamShell thus far reminds menu Linux or NetBSD (to toyest' it does not exist), but in contrast to these operating systems DreamShell it has the complete support Dreamcast, you can go for a walk on VMU as on direktoriyam(papkam), free access to Cd- rum, Romdisk, Ramdisk is the possibility to start through DreamShell other programs Dreamcast up to the fact that she will be it is stored in you on VMU, if certainly she is not more than 100 kilos-byte, since no longer yue vlezit on VMU. Support of the modem, truth thus far in the test regime. The built-in record player of music in size Oggvorbis and so forth to transfer is possible still for long better this to see. But everything that Ci I will from time to time supplement this page by new information about DreamShell and its possibilities.
Small aid upon commands:
In order to see the list of commands, introduce as the command word help and to you will fluoresce list with the commands. In order to learn about the designation of command introduce help imya_komandy and to you will fluoresce small information about the command which you you will write after word help. If you want to learn as to use a command, then simply write it, without what or flag.

Passage upward.
Koye that about the sizes is file DS:
..gz - archive gzip, is unpacked and packs by command - gz
..dsr - Romdisk, this is the package file, which is connected in DS as folder by command - romdisk
..vm - this clean VMU fayl(.RASh), it is converted by command - vmcp
..bin - this is program for Dreamcast, it is started by command - exec
..dsch - this script is started by command - dscript

I can write the name of file in this form:
file.dsr.gz.vm - this means that this romdisk, which is packed in gz archive and is converted in VMU file. Here is another example:
file.bin.gz - this indicates that this..bin of fayl(programma), packed in gz archive.
I advise to adhere to you the same technology that to the people it would be understandable, with which they deal. In name VMU of file certainly everything can it will not be accomodated; therefore this can be written in explanation VMU fayla(pishetsya when you you convert what or file in VMU file).

Passage upward.
Information against skripte(.DSchript):

This is the text file, in which are prescribed the commands, all commands which are there written they are fulfilled with its starting. Each command must begin from the new line, komentariy is designated by sign lattice - #, if we before the inscription place this sign, then entire which goes after this sign not will be considered command, program will go around this line and will begin to fulfill the following.
Formulation:

# DScript # small explanation about the designation of
script # the author of the script of command... # end

Is natural everything must be written by English letters!
It is original with starting of DS, DS searches for on your VMU the script, which must it will be carried out immediately after logotype, and DS will already then make possible to introduce commands to very. If DS it does not find it, then its loads, it lies here - /.rd/schripts/main.dsch
You can make your script, directly in the mail of browser, then preserve it on VMU as letter. In DS you should konvertitovat' this letter into the simple text file, this is how this is done:

vmcp -.tf of /.vmu/ay/DREAMKEY.Sh00 of /.ram/schript.dsch

Now you have almost finished script, but there is one problemka, browser is written into the first 64 bytes of file, the information about this file and when script will be they will be carried out, DS to you will several times say type error, there is no such command and entire such. Therefore you should throw out these 64 bytes from the top of your script, this is done as follows:

readf /.ram/schript.dsch of /.ram/schripty.dsch of
razmer_skripta(fayla)-'ya_bayta 65

The size of your file you can learn by command ls with flag -.l, command ls shows what files are in that directory, in which you be situated, and if we to this command add the flag of -.ls, then it is file together with the names, DS will show their razmer(v bytes). Passage on the directories is achieved by command cd and in order to learn in what directory you you are located introduce command pwd.
Premer:

cd to /.ram ls -.l

We learned the size of our of fayla(naprimer of 1024 bytes), necessary to throw out from the size of the file of 64 bytes which we pass and now we enter it v in command readf:

readf /.ram/schript.dsch of /.ram/schripty.dsch 960 65

Now you have a finished script, it lies here /.ram/schripty.dsch
DS searches for the script here of /.vmu/ay/DSchript.dsch
I.e., you it should copy to your VMU and name file DScript.dsc

cd/(this if you was situated in the directory to
/.ram) cp /.ram/schripty.dsch of /.vmu/ay/DSchript.dsch

Now you on VMU have to lie the incomprehensible file, which drim will assume as isporchenyy, although in reality this not so, I advise for such matters to bring itself the separate VMU in order not to interfere with other files. As is evident with the address, VMU must be inserted into slot A of the first joystick.
In the main thing skripte(kotoryy is loaded originally with VMU) they must be introduced required komandy(tol'ko for version 1.3.0, to the versions lower than this, are not necessary these required commands), otherwise DS can work incorrectly, this is what there must be:

# DScript # Main script # Autor echo Initing libraryes...
init_.lib -.net echo NET... OK init_.lib -.lship echo lwip... OK
init_.lib -.snd echo Snd... OK init_.lib -.ogg echo Ogg... OK
init_.lib -.mpe echo Mp3... OK echo Libraryes inited sleep 500 now
your commands... # end

Command echo is not required, it simply places information on screen. Well and command sleep makes delay to 500 millisekund(pol of second), for the respite:))) voobshchem it is not also compulsory it to write, but everything else must be!!!
You can appoint your script to buttons F1-f12, for this you should introduce the command:

syscfg -.Fy of adres_skripta syscfg of -.F2 of
adres_skripta and so forth to F12 this can be prescribed in the main
script.

Passage upward.
Work with arkhivatorom gzip.
Example of the packing:

gz -.c /.ram/file.ds of /.ram/file.ds.gz 9

gz - this is command itself
- these are the flag for the command, which designates - zapakovat'(.chompress)
/.ram/file.ds - this is the invented by me address of file, you should write the address of the file, which you want to pack at this place.
/.ram/file.ds.gz - this address where will be preserved the packed file.
9 - this is compression level, it is placed from 0 to 9(to there is 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9), where 0 this not to compress, while 9 maximum compressions, well and on the how much szhat'(kakoy level to place), this to already solve to you.
Example of the unpacking:

gz -.d /.ram/file.ds.gz of /.ram/f.ds

gz - command
-.d - flag for the command, which designates - raspakovat'(.dechompress)
/.ram/file.ds.gz - address of file which you want to unpack.
/.ram/f.ds - address where will be preserved the unpacked file

Passage upward.
Work from romdiskom(.romdisk):
Romdisk(.romdisk) - this is the package file, which includes is somewhat it is file, it has an expansion of..dsr and with it they work by command - romdisk.
In this command only of 2 flags, this -.m and -.u.
-.m mean mount romdisk image, i.e., to fasten romdisk(prikreplyaetsya as directory).
-.u this unmount romdisk image, i.e., to disengage and to udolit' romdisk from the memory. Example of the fastening:

romdisk -.m /.ram/rd.dsr /.DS

/.DS - this is the name of the directory, in which there will be it is found the files from romdiska - /.ram/rd.dsr
Example of udoleniya of romdiska:

romdisk -.u /.DS

The same, system, is only natural the name of the file of romdiska not necessarily...

Passage upward.
Passage on the directories:
Passage on the directories, is accomplished by command cd
Originally as soon as DS was neglected, you be situated in the main directory, in this directory there are the directories:

/.rd to /.ram to /.vmu of /.chd of /.pty
The directory of /.rd this is vtroyenyy romdisk, in which are located different files utilized DS. directory to /.ram this working storage, in this directory you will produce different actions, this voobshchem your working directory. Directory this /.vmu directory in which are located your maps of memory, for example if map is inserted into the slot A, then this will appear then: /.vmu/ay the directory of /.chd this is the disk, inserted into Gd- rum Dreamcast. The directory of /.pty this is system directory, it is not necessary to you. Example of passage on the directories:

cd to /.vmu

Now you be situated in the directory to /.vmu if you you want to pass further for example into /.ay first you should write cd a1 i.e., not necessary to place slash in the beginning of the name directory, if you want to pass from directory /.vmu to directory ram first you should write cd of /.ram(esli stands in front slash, then program searches for directory in the main directory) or cd to../.ram
Two points and slash./indicate returned to one directory back, if you for example want to return on 2 directories nazat that you should write./.. /
This zamudka with the points, vim will prove useful in other commands, in which to van will have to indicate addresses file, being located in what that directory.

Passage upward.
Command exec
Command exec achieves starting of Dreamcast of programs, they have an expansion of..bin
This -.bin for the starting of..bin it is file in eto.ts of the command of 2 flags and the flag of -.elf for starting of elf of faylov(poka does not work). This command starts unscrambled..bin files, 1st_.read.bin which you will find on any disk Dreamcast this scrambled file, i.e., samobutyashchiysya, for DS such is not necessary, it it is possible to convert by command scramble. Example of the starting of the programs:

exec -.bin of /.ram/programma.bin

Passage upward.
Command scramble
Command scramble serves for the conversion of..bin it is file from samobutyashchegosya(.yst_.read.bin) in the simple and vice versa, in this of the command of 2 flags this -.s designates scramble and -.d descramble. In DS voobshchem is necessary only flag -.d i.e., conversion into the simple file. Example:

scramble -.d /.chd/yST_.READ.BIN of /.ram/proga.bin

To be continue...:)))

Passage upward.
Your files for DreamShell, you can unload to the site with the aid of aploadera, there you can take files unloaded by other users.
Passage upward.
Accessible commands in DreamShell v1.3.0 Build of 71
In some commands there can be still many flags, so that everything that is here written this only for the acquaintance with the new version.

"help" - "Print help list" about "-" The developers "" ls
"-" List contents of directories "" cd "-" Change directory "" pwd "-"
Print the current directory "" clear "-" Clear the screen "" echo "-"
Echo text to the console "" cat "-" Display text files to the console
"" hd "-" Dump files as hex to the console "" cp "-" Copy files "" rm
"-" Remove files "" mkdir "-" Create a directory "" rmdir "-" Delete
a directory "" theme "-" Change the console color theme ""
romdisk "-" Mount/Unmount a romdisk image "" exec "-" Load and exec
another DC program "" periphs "-" Info about attached peripherals ""
md "-" Dump memory as hex to the console "" ogg "-" OggVorbis player
control "," mp3 "-" Mp3 player control "" cdda "-" Audio CD Player
control "" isoreset "-" ISO Reset "" sleep "-" Sleep "" dumpvmu "-"
Dump a vmu to a file "" load_.prog "-" Load internal programms
"" dscript "-" Save and Load Script On VMU "" image "-" View image
file, support formats: jpg.png.pchkh.tga "" create "-" Create
File "" rename "-" Rename File "," gz "-" Arhiver gzip "" redactor "-"
File Redactor "" get_.ip.bin "-" Copy ip.bin with Cd- rum or Gd- rum
To... of \.n "" vmcp "-" Copy and convert vmu file to file/file to vmu
file.\.n "" netcfg "-" Network config manager "" makeip "-" Make
IP.BIN "" scramble "-" Scramble and Descramble..BIN Files ""
screenshot "-" Shot The DreamShell Screen "" mstats "-" View Memoru
usage "" vmuicon VMU LCD "" dsfont "-" Print message in fonts
(fonts here: /.rd/fonts)"" cdr "-" Reading Cd- rum sectors ","
flashrom "-" Flash chip manager "" HDD "-" Read/Write n sectors from
the hard disk using PIO mode "" fplus "-" Addition of two files ""
readf "-" Reading file "" writef "-" Writing file "" unzip "-"
Decompress zip arhive "" modem "-" Modem Manager "" client "-" Run DS
Client "" server "-" Run DS Server "" httpd "-" DS Httpd "" cmd "-"
Command manager "" dnslookup "-" Look Up DNS With URL "" conio
"-" Conio functions "" init_.lib "-" Library init "" ticodec "-" Ti
codec "" syscfg "-" System Configure "" dc "-" Dreamcast functions "

DreamShell

DreamShell v1.3.0 Build 71 (Nero image)

DreamShell v1.2.3 (Bin Files)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.2.2 Release (Nero image)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.2.1 (Nero image)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.2.0 (Nero image)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.1.8 (Bin)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.1.8 (Sbi)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.1.5 Beta)(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.1.0 Beta(no on the server)
DreamShell v1.0.0(no on the server)

DreamShell Service For PC

DreamShell Service V3.0

DreamShell Service V2.5(net On the server)
DreamShell Service V2.0(no on the server)
DreamShell Service V1.0 (Win32)(no on the server)

Programms for DS

CBLoader(it is packed in gz archive) - 82 Blocks !.yuelp!
Minimp3(it is packed in gz archive) - 120 blocks
Dreamamp(it is packed in gz archive) - 117 blocks
Flashreset(it is not packed) - 2 Blocks !.yuelp!
Serpent(Screensaver)(zapakovan in gz archive) - 190 blocks
Sapplay(it is packed in gz archive) - 165 blocks
S3Mplay(it is packed in gz archive) - 165 blocks

User files can be found here

Sound/Music for DS

Anny - Inside(.DS The mix) - 105 Blocks &.nbspof!.yuelp!
IPowerFunk(.DS The mix) - 160 blocks
Zhukov - Mounty Funk(.DS The mix) - 96 blocks
WASSERMAN - W.I.P(.DS The mix) - 65 blocks
Benny Benassi - them not twenty(.DS mix) - 96 blocks
Aphrodite - Y(.DS of the mix) - 89 blocks

Updates

No updates avaible

Other files for DS

Games Pack(34 VMU Games)(size -..dsr.gz.vm) - 200 Blocks &.nbspof!.yuelp!

Files for VMU, rock only from browser Planetweb.
Passage upward.

souLLy
September 1st, 2004, 14:52
madness... any screenshots available?

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 15:02
heres a screenshot thanks to ron

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 15:11
Yes you can buy DreamShell but if you have its opportunity download it is easier to make so
In DreamShell support of the modem while in a test mode and only for 33.6, I can not while connect the modem with TCP/IP
Download DreamShell, you can on DreamShell page, click to the name and loading will begin.
For DreamShell there is still a service, it and refers to DreamShell service, I saw as some people wrote on a forum onlineconsoles, thinking that DreamShell service is the version of the program for PC, but actually it is the software package for PC, for creation of files for DreamShell (romdisk, vmu files, archives etc.).

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 15:12
I have answered your questions on onlineconsoles.
It is difficult for me to explain not knowing English if I shall find employees for translation there will be english version DreamShell page. While I can write only in small and it is not clear:)
DreamShell (in abbreviated form DS), can add to arhive(gzip) files (anyone, switching and vmu files) to convert any file in vmu a file and on the contrary to read the part of a file necessary to you and to write down in a separate file, it is possible to start others DC programs through DS to make by it unscramble if it is required to pack in archive and to store on VMU. There is an opportunity of use scripts (DScript) it is a text file in which commands are listed, at his performance, all commands which in it are carried out are written. It is possible to look through images some formats. Playing music in formats oggvorbis and mp3. An opportunity of use romdisk (it is a batch file, in DS it is attached as a directory while this file can be made only in DS Service for PC). By the way on VMU you can download not only music but also not the big programs, they are compressed by the archiver, then them it is possible decompress in DS and to start. In DS vmu, cd, ram look as usual directories, therefore with them is very simple to work (to copy, delete and to make others what or actions with files). Closely it is possible to work with Flash the chip dreamcast.
Well naturally there are standard commands which are in all OS, transition on directories, view directory, copying, deleting...
I have certainly written is far from being everything, but I think it have given though small representation about DS...

P.S.
By the way the information in DS, is written in English, you there can look use necessary to you commands.

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 15:20
thats from the forum btw

ron
September 1st, 2004, 15:35
THx Wraggy

DCDayDreamer
September 1st, 2004, 15:48
Sorry for raining on everyone's parade but the site had warez in it's download section so I've removed the link.

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 15:58
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.walls2/DreamShell_v1.3.0_build_71_by_SWAT.exe

thats the download link

quzar
September 1st, 2004, 16:06
Sorry for raining on everyone's parade but the site had warez in it's download section so I've removed the link.

sorry, i didnt even visit it, i regurgitated the news from another source.

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 16:08
Can we get a translation that not so ****ing horiable and done with altavista?

MetaFox
September 1st, 2004, 16:15
Can we get a translation that not so ****ing horiable and done with altavista?Could you please stop making posts that are so pointlessly mean spirited?

I'm sick of your hostility.

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2004, 16:40
Can we get a translation that not so ****ing horiable and done with altavista?

we can always use googles translator if you perfer..

just think about your post. your pretty much demanding that we learn russian or something. pretty stupid in my opinion.

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 18:10
Eh you never know man theres alway walks of people out there maybe someone who visits here does know russian.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 18:59
In fact is stupid and yet this user still thinks he owns the world he pisses me off and for a friendly forum he is pretty much ruining that with his pointless idiotic and rude posts

Thanks

Eric

Kamjin
September 1st, 2004, 19:31
Probably the translator messing it all up, I didn't see the actual page. but this seems like a slavic dialect I'm not fammilar with...

posveshchena =??
(poka)malenkaya = *for now.. small
dalney shem *=the far future
kotoriye = these.. this
skachat' = (ukranian) Browse
vobshche = all together
tyuey obshchatsya *=private?? Common fileshare?
teper= (Tipyer) now
to toyest' (polish) what it is
direktoriyam = directory
(papkam) = ??
yue vlezit = (not sure) save
imya_komandy = name of command
Koye = anything
fayl= file..dsch - this script is started by command -
(programma) = program
pishetsya = written
komentariy = commentary
konvertitovat' = to convert
problemka, = problem;
razmer = size
naprimer = for example
drim *= drim.. cast?
isporchenyy = spoiled
skripte =script
kotoryy = which
millisekund *= milliseccond
voobshchem = all together
arkhivatorom = archiver
zapakovat = bound/ make part
szhat (ghatch) = compress
kakoy = which
raspakovat = unpackage.. decompress
prikreplyaetsya = glueing.. attaching
udoleniya *= to send away?? throw out.
vtroyenyy = ???
samobutyashchiysya *= self being??? self booting??

quzar
September 1st, 2004, 20:51
could you please change the link in my post to a proper URL? i dont wanna seem like some sort of warez advocate =P

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 21:44
Deep down in your heart we know you are ^_~

Russian_Translator
September 2nd, 2004, 03:46
That about formats of files DS:
.gz -the Archive gzip, is unpacked and packed by a command - gz
.dsr -Ромдиск, it is a batch file which is connected in DS as a folder by a command - romdisk
.vm -Is pure(clean) VMU a file (RAW), it is converted by a command - vmcp
.bin -Is a program for Dreamcast, it is started by a command - exec
.dsc -Is скрипт it is started by a command - dscript

I can write the name of a file in such kind:
file.dsr.gz.vm Is it means that ромдиск which is packed in gz archive and is converted in VMU a file. Still an example:
file.bin.gz Is means that it .bin a file (program) packed in gz archive.
I advise to adhere to you to the same engineering that to people it was clear with what they deal. In name VMU of a file certainly all can will not go in, therefore it is possible to write it in explanatory VMU of a file (it is written when you convert what or a file in VMU a file).

Transition upward.
The information about скрипте (DScript):

It is a text file in which commands are registered, at his(its) start all commands which there are written executed. Each command(team) should begin with a new line, коментарий is designated is familiar a lattice - * if before inscription to put this mark all that goes after that mark will not be considered as a command(team), the program will bypass this line and will start to execute following.

#DScript
#The explanatory about assignment
#DScript author
Commands(teams)...
#end

Naturally all should be written by the English letters!
Initially at start DS, DS searches on yours VMU script which should it will be executed right after a trade mark, and already then DS will enable to enter commands(teams) itself. If DS does not find it(him) loads the, it(he) lays here -/rd/scripts/main.dsc
You can make the script, is direct in mail of a browser, then to keep it(him) on VMU as the letter. In DS it is necessary to you конвертитовать this letter in a simple text file, here is how it is done(made):

vmcp -tf /vmu/a1/DREAMKEY.W00 /ram/script.dsc

Now you almost ready скрипт, but have one проблемка, the browser writes down in the first 64 байта a file, the information on this file and when скрипт will be will be executed, DS to you few times will tell such as error, such command(team) is not present and so on. Therefore you need to throw out these 64 байта from a top of yours скрипта, it is done(made) so:

readf /ram/script.dsc/ram/script1.dsc dscript_size 1024-64_bites 65

You can learn(find out) the size of your file a command(team) ls with a flag-l, the command(team) ls shows what files is in that directory in which you are and if to this command(team) to add a flag-ls together with names of files, DS will show also their size (in байтах). Transition on directories is carried out by a command(team) cd and to learn(find out) in what directory you be enter a command(team) pwd.
Премер:

cd /ram
ls -l

We have learned(found out) the size of our file (for example), it is necessary to throw out 1024 bytes from the size of a file 64 байта which we pass(miss) and now we enter it(him) in in a command(team) readf:

readf /ram/script.dsc/ram/script1.dsc 960 65

Now at you is ready скрипт, it(he) lays here /ram/script1.dsc
DS searches скрипт here /vmu/a1/DScript.dsc
That is to you it(he) needs to be copied on yours VMU and to name file DScript.dsc

cd / (it if you were in a directory /ram)
cp /ram/script1.dsc /vmu/a1/DScript.dsc

Now at you on VMU the not clear file which дрим will accept as spoiled though actually it not so, I advise for such will lay has put to get(start) to itself separate VMU, to not prevent other files. Apparently to the address, VMU should be inserted in слот A the first джойстика.
In the main thing скрипте (which грузится it is primary with VMU) obligatory commands (only for version 1.3.0, to versions is lower than this, are not necessary these obligatory commands(teams)) should be entered, differently DS can work incorrectly, that there should be:

#DScript
#Main script
#Autor
echo Initing libraryes...
init_lib -net
echo NET. OK
init_lib -lwip
echo lwip. OK
init_lib -snd
echo Snd. OK
init_lib -ogg
echo Ogg. OK
init_lib -mp3
echo Mp3. OK
echo Libraryes inited
sleep 500
Now your commands...
#end

The command echo is not obligatory, she(it) simply displays the information. Well and the command sleep does(makes) a delay on 500 milliseconds (a floor of second), for a respite:))) вообщем too it is not necessary to write her(it), but everything else should be!!!
You can appoint the скрипт to buttons F1-F12, for this purpose you need to enter a command:

syscfg -F1 dscript_address
syscfg -F2 dscript_address
Etc. up to F12
It can be registered in the main thing скрипте.

Transition upward.
Work with the archiver gzip.
Example compressing:

gz -c/ram/file.ds /ram/file.ds.gz 9

gz is a command(team)
-с it Is a flag for the command(team), designating - to pack (compress)
/ram/file.ds Is the address of a file invented by me, you need to write the address of a file which you want to pack on this place.
/ram/file.ds.gz Is an address where the packed file will be kept.
9 - it is a level of compression, it(he) is put from 0 up to 9 (that is 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) where 0 it to not compress, and 9 maximal compression, well and on how many to compress (what level to put), it already to solve to you.
Example of unpacking:

gz -d/ram/file.ds.gz /ram/f.ds

gz - the Command(team)
-d - the Flag for the command(team), designating - to unpack (decompress)
/ram/file.ds.gz - which you want to unpack the Address of a file.
/ram/f.ds - the Address where will be kept the unpacked file

Transition upward.
Work with romdisk (romdisk):
Ромдиск (romdisk) is a batch file which includes some files, it(he) has expansion .dsr and with it(him) work as a command(team) - romdisk.
At this command(team) only 2 flags, it-m and-u.
-m Means mount romdisk image that is to attach ромдиск (it is attached as a directory).
-u It unmount romdisk image that is to unhook and удолить romdisk from memory. An example of an attachment:

romdisk -m /ram/rd.dsr /DS

/DS Is a name of a directory in which will be there are files from romdisk - /ram/rd.dsr
Example deleting romdisk:

romdisk -u /DS
The same, system, only naturally the name of a file romdisk is not necessary...

Transition upward.
Transition on directories:
Transition on directories, is carried out by a command(team) cd
Initially as soon as DS it was started, you are in the main directory, in this directory there are directories:

/rd
/ram
/vmu
/cd
/pty
Directory /rd it built-in romdisk in which there are different files used DS. The directory /ram is operative memory, in this directory you will make different actions, it вообщем your working directory. The directory/vmu is a directory in which there are your cards(maps) of memory, for example if the card(map) is inserted in слот And it will look so: /vmu/a1 the Directory /cd is a disk inserted in GD-ROM Dreamcast. The directory /pty is a system directory, she(it) is not necessary for you. An example of transition on directories:

cd/vmu
Now you are in a directory/vmu if you want to pass further for example in /a1 that to you it is necessary to write cd a1 that is not necessary to put слеш in the beginning of the name of a directory if you want to proceed(pass) from a directory /vmu in a directory ram that to you necessary to write cd/ram (if costs(stands) ahead слеш the program searches for a directory in the main directory) or cd ../ram
Two points and slash ../ Means will return on one directory back if you for example want to return on 2 directories назат that to you it is necessary to write ../../
This ???? with points, to you is useful in other commands in which to you it will be necessary to specify addresses of files, being in what that to a directory.

Transition upward.
Command exec
The command exec carries out start Dreamcast of programs, they have expansion .bin
At this commands( 2 flags it-bin for start .bin files and a flag -elf for start elf files (yet does not work). This command(team) starts unscrambled .bin files, 1st_read.bin which you will find on any disk Dreamcast it scrambled a file, that is самобутящийся, for DS such is not necessary, it(he) can be converted a command(team) scramble. An example of start of programs:

exec -bin /ram/programma.bin

Transition upward.
Command scramble
The command(team) scramble serves for converting .bin files from scrambled (1st_read.bin) in idle time and on the contrary, at it 2 flags it-s designates commands(teams) scramble and-d descramble. In DS in general the flag -d that is converting in a simple file is necessary only. An example:

scramble -d /cd/1ST_READ.BIN /ram/proga.bin

To be continue.:)))

Darksaviour69
September 2nd, 2004, 04:03
could you please change the link in my post to a proper URL? i dont wanna seem like some sort of warez advocate =P

done!

souLLy
September 2nd, 2004, 05:12
shame on you quzar... go to your room.

WHurricane16
September 2nd, 2004, 05:58
omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2004, 06:20
nice translation.

hola, the problem we all have is not what your saying (now that i think about it, it was a pretty reasonable request.) It really is how you say it. I think you really make good arguments and post good points, its just that you are so demanding and sometimes downright rude.
I am not a mod, and I have no right to tell you what to do. This is more of a friendly request then a demand.

Now then... lets not turn this into the Montel show (an american thing) as so many forums seem to.

curt_grymala
September 2nd, 2004, 07:03
Next up on DCEmu UK - Zack, the 200 pound baby and... a woman whose husband didn't love her anymore, after she became a man. ;D

chris
September 2nd, 2004, 07:48
Say good translation????
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;D

...ha-h .. ;D Never saw anything like it before ;D

O.K. It's all because...
Well it's writen on my language :)

p.s.
Ну блядь и перевел& #1080; ;D ;D ;D ;D !!!!!!!

chris
September 2nd, 2004, 07:53
BTW!
I know well this guy,but have no contacts with him
for a long time...

I'd like to say this software realy suprised me,
because the last time i have talk with him
he write's only H.00,S.00,etc. staff :)

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 09:27
so in laymans terms, what does this do :)

Russian_Translator
September 2nd, 2004, 13:40
Here is screenshot the new version

http://www.dc-swat.h12.ru/news/DS_XT/

Hola
September 2nd, 2004, 16:19
Interesting so it does have GUI? The one I download was clearly a comand promt

Eric
September 2nd, 2004, 19:38
I was wondering aswell as that is the new one released and if not when will it be released

moi
September 3rd, 2004, 03:16
well i know the author and talk to him via icq sometimes. his name is SWAT and he's registered at dcemualtion.com and often posts in the programming section.
Unfortunatelly he does not speak any english but I could translate some thing if I find time and SWAT gives his ok about it.

Eric
September 3rd, 2004, 07:12
Thanks for the info also i would like to know this i know that he is russian but is there anybody who could do a translation for a new version?

chris
September 3rd, 2004, 07:25
I...
I can translate it,but WHAT???
You know,i didn't see the material,but
i'm looking forward to get there
http://www.dc-swat.h12.ru/news/DS_XT/
,just wait a little longer,O.K.?

Hola
September 3rd, 2004, 09:40
Is the source code freely avaliable? I mean i'm into the PC translation scene and stuff and you just wont know how hard it is to translate something you have to break compression on without a source code.

cristfc
September 3rd, 2004, 10:10
where i download dreamshell for dreamcast, its released dor dc?

cristfc
September 3rd, 2004, 10:46
forgive me, i see the EXE extension in this link and did think it dont be for dreamcast. I extract the archive and burned the NRG image, now its ok!

darkevil
September 4th, 2004, 05:50
posveshchena = it is dedicated to
skachat' = NOT Browse itis DOWNLOAD
(papkam) = for directories
drim = dreamcast
zapakovat = make archiv
udoleniya = Delete

Eric
September 4th, 2004, 08:18
i would really like to check this thing out unfortunetly i believe its only available for pal and will not work on NTSC machines i could be wrong but i had a problem burning the coaster i had to throw it away cause it didnt work and i never tried burning one again for a second test so if anybody else had that problem post it in here or if i am the only person who had that problem let me know why i am having it i got to the Sega Screen i believe or the bios and it was only audio not audio and data so help me out please and sorry for the no punctuation getting ready for a wedding

krowstrife
September 4th, 2004, 11:31
it works on my NTSC machine ;D, so check it out