PDA

View Full Version : The Following, Old Capcom Games Will Soon Be Available On The PlayStation Network

wraggster
July 2nd, 2009, 17:13
The days of people whining "where are my old-timey games on the PSN?" appear well and truly over. You've got Final Fantasy VII, you've got Metal Gear Solid, and soon you'll be getting a ton of Capcom classics as well.

Tomorrow, for example, Capcom will be releasing the "Capcom Classics Collection: Remixed", which includes:

• 1941: Counter Attack
• Avengers
• Bionic Commando
• Black Tiger
• Block Block
• Captain Commando
• Final Fight
• Forgotten Worlds
• Last Duel
• Legendary Wings
• Magic Sword
• Mega Twins
• Quiz and Dragons
• Section Z
• Side Arms: Hyper Dyne
• The Speed Rumbler
• Street Fighter
• Strider
• Three Wonders
• Varth

Then later in the year, there'll be this mix of PS1 and PSP re-releases:

• Mega Man Powered Up
• Dino Crisis
• Power Stone Collection
• Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
• Resident Evil 2
• Darkstalkers
• Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
• Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
• Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded

Thanks Capcom!

http://kotaku.com/5305868/the-following-old-capcom-games-will-soon-be-available-on-the-playstation-network

fpcreator2000
July 2nd, 2009, 19:44
Can't Capcom make a contract with Sega were they release their Saturn library onto Xbox Live?

I have to say that the benefit of PSN is the immense library of titles from the PS1 at Sony's disposal.

Wii has the Virtual Console which, of course, means Nintendo can release games from the libraries of previous generation consoles (including Non-Nintendo consoles).

This is were Xbox Live fails in comparison. If only they would offer similar products. Although when it comes to social networks, Xbox live is evolving (specially with the coming of Facebook and Twitter).

Apoklepz
July 3rd, 2009, 17:40
Yes, all this is quite nice...for people without emulation that is.

Besides Monster Hunter, and one or two Megaman Remixed games, CAPCOM hasn't done much for the PSP other than release their hundred year old titles. In all reality, I would very much prefer a Street Fighter 3 collection...kid of like what they did with DarkStalkers...or even something out of Warzard/Red Earth, Jojo and anything related with their CPS3 board...and I think I speak for everyone here by saying that it WILL sell like hot cakes if they released it.

CAPCOM has not shown any REAL love for the portable, yet.