PDA

View Full Version : Payks 3D-RPG Demo

Payk
April 10th, 2006, 17:47
(News and New Release by Payk)

Ok like i promissed here is the demo of my new project.
Its just a techdemo which shows how my game could look like.
The player doesnt react of its environment. U just can walk arround and watch the world.

http://payk2005.pa.funpic.de/test2.JPG

Hind: Hit select to change time randomly.

The full version will be aviable at next neoflash-contest for sure!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
April 10th, 2006, 18:12
Awesome News, moving to News forum

Payk
April 10th, 2006, 18:54
hehe thanx wraggster. Hmhm untill now i have not planed how battlesystem should be. So beside a feedback i would be glad to read suggestions...
Thanx

DimensionT
April 10th, 2006, 19:46
Wow! Very impressive! You've got the water reflections done, which gives it a nice touch. This is definitely a game I would play :D.

As for a battle system... Is there any way you could make it somewhat like one of the "Tale of" games (Tales of Destiny, Tales of Symphonia, etc...)? It'd probably be hard to pull off, but would be sweet if you could. Actualy, it'd be pretty awesome as a Zelda type action/RPG too, lol.

If you need help with anything let me know. I don't know much about coding, but I'm pretty good at writting dialog and such. I could write you some custom tunes using MIDI or FruityLoops too if you like. My e-mail's [email protected] if you're intrested.

Payk
April 10th, 2006, 19:56
Ohh yeah thanx. i dont know the tales-series but i will try them to get an image of it. And i realy need someone for music. i will add u to msn so we can talk about that. Thanx very nice!

Vegetable
April 10th, 2006, 20:10
There's quite a hit on performance when the water comes into cache. Any idea why that is?

Darksaviour69
April 10th, 2006, 20:32
that actuall reminds me of the game Darksavior for the saturn

Payk
April 10th, 2006, 21:43
Yes i have in mind why its like that and i am working on it. But thanx anyway.
And @ all if u find bugs tell me its important!

Payk
April 10th, 2006, 21:48
@Darksaviour69
it seems like ur a great sega fan like i am.... GameGear MegaDrive(aka genesis) Dreamcast(2x) Nomad....I got them all. But Sega CD and Saturn is missing )-:
But i will buy when i get money again...

Himura
April 11th, 2006, 02:09
Hmm...
Impressive demo, but the main character sprite looks a bit off. Also, the bottom screen is completely untouched (something I'm sure you'll take care of in the future).

Payk
April 11th, 2006, 06:15
Shure.The inventory could be there. Also a minimap. And that gfxs u see here are all free gfxs from rpg-maker sites.When i got time i make own gfxs. Dont like to have them from people i dont know and i cant thank for it. Alos its not sure if they are stolen.So better be it changed...

dawn2k
April 11th, 2006, 07:59
Hmm...
Impressive demo, but the main character sprite looks a bit off. Also, the bottom screen is completely untouched (something I'm sure you'll take care of in the future).

The main character and object-sprites are 2D, cause if you do it in another way it would cost to much performance.

Vegetable
April 11th, 2006, 10:14
Not really. Look at Lost in Blue.

Payk
April 11th, 2006, 14:50
Hmhm u dont know the ds capacitys i think. there is for example a limitation of polygons. Not more then 2000 are possible. So in Lost in Blue i swear never would be possible to see more then 5 chars + world. I can promiss u. And also lost in Blue doesnt have that complex chars. The world is very simple 3D.
U cant see the hole trees. What do u think why? I could also include such a chars but that would mean i have to use a 3DS converter which doesnt support animations today. So i would have to make 3-5 models for one char.
So its easier to use flat surfaces for that...

lockwood
April 11th, 2006, 16:34
If you walk around the higher plattform, you wil see that the framerate isn't constant anymore. 3D Programming is not so easy as you think Vegtable.
Proffesional 3D programmers are working Months on a game. And this is just a techdemo what tooks 5 hours.

Ben2303
April 11th, 2006, 17:13
Very nice demo, good job Payk !
That sounds like a cool answer to Tale of Dagur :p
Just kidding, keep up the good work !

By the way, I'm sure there's a "cleaner" way to do the water reflection, even if it's alaways impressive :D

Payk
April 12th, 2006, 06:10
@Ben2303
I are right ben, its an answer to to Lirans Tales of Daguar...
I have lost because i made such a simple game... That wont happen twice...
And like lookwood said its just the begin. Currently u cant walk over water and trough the trees anymore. It grows each day and i will update demo in some weeks again and it will be much better....
Promissed.

Vegetable
April 15th, 2006, 08:43
Hmhm u dont know the ds capacitys i think. there is for example a limitation of polygons. Not more then 2000 are possible. So in Lost in Blue i swear never would be possible to see more then 5 chars + world. I can promiss u. And also lost in Blue doesnt have that complex chars. The world is very simple 3D.
U cant see the hole trees. What do u think why? I could also include such a chars but that would mean i have to use a 3DS converter which doesnt support animations today. So i would have to make 3-5 models for one char.
So its easier to use flat surfaces for that...

What about that other entirely 3D RPG out for the system? There are several screenshots showing five, even six people on screen at once.

sirjoe1
April 15th, 2006, 13:55
Gasp and drools...a Ragnarok Character? any1 noticed that yet? oooo a ragnarok based game would be cool :) oh and an example of an entire game in 3d for the DS would be Tao's Adventure The curse of the demon seal runs 30fps per sec

GaMeR_2000
April 18th, 2006, 23:23
Looking sweet!!! I could possibly help because I have made some Paper and Pencil RPGs to play with my friends and know a fair amount about making classes, races, combat systems and such.

King DS
May 6th, 2006, 23:50
Battle idea: as its for the DS, the top screen shows the hero squareing up with the monster, while the bottom screen is all the commands and such, and for big attacks, the map goes grey and then a small animation pops up, say the hero flying at the monster with his sword.

Payk
May 7th, 2006, 16:22
It wont be a RPG like final fantasy....it will be more then Secred of Mana...So real time is the keyword my friend....
But the Inventory will be on downscreen so u could quickly take a hp-drink or make a spell....just like Diablo or something like that...Just with a storie hehe...It should be a good mix of all what i like on RPGs... So Realtime i like... Levelskilling i like a bit but i like it more Zelda style that u have to found items to get better. Both methods i gonna use.
Also Sidequests i like...But a Storie line should be there too....
We will see how many dreams that i have i can bring to nds...

http://www.payk.ndsdev.de/NightLife.JPGhttp://www.payk.ndsdev.de/NightLife2.JPG

I am waiting for DimensionT's new music files and u will be able to play the above seen screenshots but with villagers....

TrevorBoyd
August 1st, 2006, 13:29
WOW! very nice textures... and the water effect r good too. Can't wait for the full ver.

iball
August 1st, 2006, 13:40
Good to see more programmers from Germany!

(Greetings from Frankfurt!)

nubbard
August 27th, 2006, 23:22
So what's going on w/ this?

Payk
August 28th, 2006, 20:45
Greetings back to Frankfurt :)
And yes project is still alive...you may not reconize it but...
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32929
...its here :)

masterpaul
August 29th, 2006, 17:58
hmmm... yikes!

fooger
September 17th, 2006, 00:09
wow that was the most amazing thing that ive downloaded for ds that was awesome cant wait for full thingy

Payk
September 17th, 2006, 11:42
Thanx ;)

SmaMan
September 18th, 2006, 07:04
You should do the battle system like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjRrE8nTqM
See? You draw stuff with the mouse for attacks.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read that you wanted them in Secret of Mana form. Sorry! Oh well, it's still worth a look. And maybe it'll be a good idea for other 3d RPG homebrewers.