PDA

View Full Version : NOIZ2SA over Dreamcast

DCEmu_Newsposter
August 29th, 2004, 21:44
Chui has made a welcome return to the Dreamcast scene with a port of NOIZ2SA, which is an abstract shoot em up and now for the Dreamcast. Check out the NOIZ2SA (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/noiz2sa.shtml) page for screenshots and the downloads.[br][br]Thanks to Mekanaizer (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=10938359 97) for the news and spotting it in Spanish forums. :)

quzar
August 29th, 2004, 22:34
whoah SH!T !!! Does this mean he ported BulletML? if so i want tumiki fighters clone now!!! hehe ;D

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 05:41
whats tumiki fighters clone ?

quzar
August 30th, 2004, 06:19
I meant a clone of the game Tumiki fighters. Tumiki Fighters is a game made by the same person as NOIZ2SA, but in the D programming language (not to be mistaken for C ;) ). It also uses the BulletML lib as its core, and now that we have that, its not to big of a stretch to get a game similar to Tumiki Fighters.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tf_e.html

that is a link the the webpage for it.

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 09:24
This guy makes really awsome looking games.

DemoniusX
August 30th, 2004, 10:29
how many levels are there?

JMD
August 30th, 2004, 10:59
Tumiki fighters is great !!
But not port the D compiler to the SH4 and all the KOS/SDL libs ...... :'(

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 11:42
Personally he has 3 games that are the same. Nasi2sa, rRootage, PARSEC47. Parsec47 being the best of the 3. All of this would be awsome ported to DC especially if they had a option for virtical tv like ikaruga. BTW I know Nasi2sa is already ported. Elf to bin however isnt converting it correctly.

dc-france
August 30th, 2004, 11:51
Elf to bin however isnt converting it correctly.

Yes, :'(

erwan@linux:~/Dreamcast> sh-elf-objcopy -O binary noiz2sa.elf noiz2sa.bin
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .text >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8bfe0000.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .rodata >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c0c5e20.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .data >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c5b10e0.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .eh_frame >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c5cc01c.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .gcc_except_table >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c5d5cb4.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .ctors >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c5d85b0.
BFD: AVERTISSEMENT: ?criture de la section << .dtors >> vers un ?norme d?calage (ie n?gatif) dans le fichier 0x8c5d85d4.
sh-elf-objcopy: noiz2sa.bin: Fichier tronqu?
erwan@linux:~/Dreamcast>

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 11:53
damn any workaround to get it working??

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 12:00
The coder could release a different elf or a total report would work.

quzar
August 30th, 2004, 12:12
The coder could release a different elf or a total report would work.

woah... a total report.. noooooo. im (ALMOST) positive that most multi-bin loaders (dchakker, bor loader, whatever...) will load scrambled/unscrambled bins and elfs.

(not that i care since i have a coders cable and rarely burn stuff for the DC that im not testing :P)

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 12:15
hmm a dchakker with this elf in an image is the way then ?

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 13:33
Its nice to see Chui back in the scene. :)

/me looks forward to more Fenix releases :)

chui
August 30th, 2004, 13:34
I don't know because sh-elf-objcopy don't work.
I used binutils 2.15, gcc 3.4.1 and last Kallistios snapshot :D
I try link with other binutils, but don't bin converter.

Any idea or other app?

DemoniusX
August 30th, 2004, 13:51
i will ask again, HOW MANY LEVELS IN THE GAME ARE THERE???????

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 13:55
check out the original site for more info ;)

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 14:21
if anyone gets a bin sorted let us know :)

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 16:07
It doesnt say how many stages are on the site tho but if you look at a screenie of the game all the squares you see on the picture are the stages that have been unlocked.

chui
August 30th, 2004, 16:13
:D :D :D

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?start=80&t=41573

That happens with recent versions of binutils.
Try 'sh-elf-objcopy -R .stack -O binary file.elf file.bin'.

Works fine !!!!!

1ST_READ.BIN (scrambled bin) NTSC:
http://www.gp32spain.com/public_ftp/noiz2sa/noiz2sa-dreamcast-ntsc.rar

1ST_READ.BIN (scrambled bin) PAL:
http://www.gp32spain.com/public_ftp/noiz2sa/noiz2sa-dreamcast-pal.rar

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 16:20
excellent uploading now :)

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 16:23
Update about the stages of the game for infomation.

It has 10 stages.
And these stages
Endless
Endless Hard
Endless Extreme
Endless Insane

Also is there a source code release? Because if there is couldnt someone add FOF's auto region select and then we wouldnt need a pal and a NTSC release. It would just select the right region.

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 16:40
Ok I went and play tested it and heres how it stands up to the pc version.

It has music which most first release normally dont which is nice.
Controller support

Some thing tho however are there is lag when there are tons of shots on screen at one time.
Game seems to run a little to fast to be able to play it easly. It like playing on extreme mode speed the whole time. Its a little choppy too.

I'd say this is a near perfect port and a great job ;D

chui
August 30th, 2004, 16:45
Thanks!

Now i try use fixed point for GP32 port. :D

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 16:54
Does the DC port use SDL to do screen rendering? And would switching it to PVR give it that little extra boost of speed?

chui
August 30th, 2004, 17:14
I don't know, i use SDL port (Bero) and this game do SDL 100% software render.

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 17:30
It would be neat if there was an updated version with a few fixs. Anyways thx for the port.

wraggster
August 30th, 2004, 17:36
ill second that, thanks for checking it out too hola ;)

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 17:54
I think these are the things that could be fixed.
*Auto region select. The open source of FOF has this.

*There a option to quit and return to windows. I dont see that being needed on a DC :D

*DC shooter video mode supports: Horizontal, Horizontal Wide, Vertical, Veritical Wide, Virtical Left, Vertical Left Wide.

*SDL to PVR screen output

*Large scaled enemies, ships and bullets to make there easier on the eyes on a tv and easier to dogde.

*Possable 2 player support add in.

*Option saving to remember which screen mode you want to use.

*Dim out stages that you've beaten. Even the PC version doesnt do this for some reason while all this other games using this engine do.

*Side bars switched to black on vertical mode as its better for your tv and it makes it easier to see where the screen ends.

Thanks for your time.

curt_grymala
August 30th, 2004, 19:28
M@jk made an SBI of this, and sent it to me. As soon as my host gets things straightened out again (apparently they decided to move servers without telling anyone, so it's been down all day), I'll make it available for download from DCStuff.

Hola
August 30th, 2004, 19:31
Ohh I forgot it also needs a pause button.

chui
August 31st, 2004, 08:23
mmmm... Start Button don't pause?

Hola
August 31st, 2004, 10:33
There's no pause in the regular game so I didnt figure you added it. But I just noticed you did. It still to hard to play for DC. Also another thing is your lifes get cut off the screen.