PDA

View Full Version : patches

whoizdib
July 5th, 2009, 06:38
Sorry I'm new.

I have custom firmware 4.0u, and I have two questions.

1. If I use a normal game(one from a store) and it asks for a patch or update, can I patch it? or if I do will it brick my system or cause conflict with the custom firmware?

2.1. If I use a backup game and it asks for a patch or update, can I patch it? or if I do will it brick my system or cause conflict with the custom firmware?

Sorry for the newb questions. Thanks.

VampDude
July 5th, 2009, 12:10
Sorry I'm new.

I have custom firmware 4.0u, and I have two questions.

1. If I use a normal game(one from a store) and it asks for a patch or update, can I patch it? or if I do will it brick my system or cause conflict with the custom firmware?

You can update the Wii via the Nintendo updates, provided on the retail games. They do not conflict with any homebrew related installations, custom firmwares I would not know because they are used for PIRACY. You cannot patch a game you have purchased, unless you rely on a backup or piracy.

2.1. If I use a backup game and it asks for a patch or update, can I patch it? or if I do will it brick my system or cause conflict with the custom firmware?

I cannot answer this question, because it conflicts with the rules of DCEmu (PIRACY).

Please purchase retailed games, you will find no problems.

BlueCrab
July 5th, 2009, 16:25
There's no reason for custom firmware-type things on the Wii (other than Bootmii) with the exception of enabling piracy. Just buy the games you want to play, and encourage the game's makers to continue doing what they do. If you just do that, and avoid all the piracy crap, you wouldn't need to worry.

TOPIC LOCKED