PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of DS Download Station Internals

wraggster
April 11th, 2006, 12:31
Source - hackaday (http://www.teamhackaday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=898)

So this past Sunday my wife and I were perusing our Sunday paper with our adult beverage of strong-ass 8 o'clock coffee when my wife pulls out the Best Buy circular. To my surprise I hear her exclaim "DS Download Stations now at all Best Buy locations."

Looking at our DS units stored permenantly on the living room coffee table (one pink and one silver) our goal became clear: we must storm our local Best Buy with the intent to seek out a possible DS Download center and test out Brain Age. Our level of success was not guaranteed to be 100% since the ad also specified oxymorinically "May not be available at all locations." but we had to try.

We stopped at a few locations first since we had a full day's worth of errands to run, but soon we arrived at our Best Buy to find our trek was not in vain. Tucked neatly away into the Gamecube display was none other than the DS Download Station of lore complete with demos for Brain Age, Mario Kart DS, and a demo video for Metroid Prime. I (being the foolish absent-minded person that I am) of course left the house without my DS so while my wife was busily gagueing her brain's age I began my inspection of the station itself.

Check out the screenshots via Comments