PDA

View Full Version : Smoove v0.9 Released

wraggster
April 11th, 2006, 12:48
Martin Wisniowski (http://psplua.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=126&forum=2&post_id=446#forumpost446) has released Smoove v0.9.

Smoove is a pixel, tile and sprite-editor for the PSP. You can read, write and edit .PNG-Files and also animate them using the built in animation function.

Features:
- Pixeleditor
- Zoomedit
- Animation-Editor
- Copy buffer
- Open Files (.PNG)
- Save Files (.PNG)
- Create tiles, sprites and pixelartworks
- Creates grafic files compatible to classic 2d games. Instantly ready to use as sprite and tile maps in any gameproject.
Requirements
- Luaplayer V0.16 (tested) or higher (untested yet)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

cancan
April 11th, 2006, 14:22
Cool.

Apoklepz
April 11th, 2006, 17:11
about time someone did this....trying with the other paint programs was kind of irritating. GOD BLESS!

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 19:56
this prog looks sick. If I was a programmer, I would HAVE to use it! unfortunately, I don't know anything about anything when it comes to programming... :(

dragaron
April 11th, 2006, 20:36
Awesome concept! I will definately put this program to good use, thanks!

Musoka_Eimin
April 11th, 2006, 22:14
Allright! Very cool! Excellent work and thanks for the release@ :)

Apoklepz
April 12th, 2006, 17:33
About time someone did an application like this for PSP...The sprite developing community is pretty big too, you know! Very nice & very cool. I hope you don't mind if I modified the script a little bit for myself...I'm currently working with "big boss caracter type" of sprites, the smallest being 122x97...I like this application very much and when it comes to sprites, it's much faster than working with Photoshop, Gimp or Paint on a PC...at least for me.

**Here's a tip for everyone using this application**

It's much faster and more enjoyable if you run Lua player under another homebrew application called IR shell...Not only can you soup up the cursor's speed by setting the PSP to 266mhz or higher, but you can also listen to music while making your sprites. :D

Can't wait to see what you'll write down for the next release.

Raekwik11
April 12th, 2006, 23:34
sounds fun to make animated sprites