PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2d

Eric
August 22nd, 2004, 17:28
I might be offtopic but i thought this would be interesing to people who want a halo game and dont have a XBOX. Anyways its a 2d version of halo and what i seen from screenshots it looks amazing.

Here is the site where you can check out the game and it will aswell give you a link to where you can find a download for a demo:

http://www.consoletroopers.com/public/hbc/hbc_frameset.htm

MetaFox
August 23rd, 2004, 09:04
Woah, weird. It's like Metroid starring the Master Chief.

Mental2k
August 23rd, 2004, 11:46
Theres a plague of 3d to 2d games at the mo. Check out http://www.halflife2d.com for half life 2d or download it at www.cs2d.ca.tt

Hola
August 23rd, 2004, 13:35
Why do people use fileplanet in this day in age. Registering to download something is so lame.

Alexvrb
August 23rd, 2004, 17:50
Why do people use fileplanet in this day in age. Registering to download something is so lame.
Probably has to do with bandwidth costing money. If something becomes popular, your options become limited. Fortunetely, sometimes popular downloads then become available at other third party sites, including Bittorrent sites.

Hola
August 23rd, 2004, 19:25
I think personal trackers for bittorrent is the only way to go.

Cap'n 1time
August 23rd, 2004, 19:50
I think personal trackers for bittorrent is the only way to go.

I agree ;)

Hola
August 23rd, 2004, 20:23
Anyone got a fileplanet account so we can run the file on a tracker?

MetaFox
August 24th, 2004, 07:09
You are aware that you can download from Fileplanet with a free account, correct?

You may have to wait in line, but it's not usually too long a wait - depending on if something big has just been released, or what time of the day it is. Even at 250 slots, it's not a long wait - I don't really see what the problem is.

Fileplanet uses a lot of bandwidth, so it splits the files among servers and slots - paid users get automatic downloads, while non-paid users have to wait in line. Seems like a good solution to curbing bandwidth costs to me.

EDIT - Just downloaded it now - with a free account, with no waiting - as I've done with FilePlanet hundreds of times before. The only long wait I've ever had was when I downloaded the Return To Castle Wolfenstein demo.

Hola
August 25th, 2004, 17:07
FilePlanet has always takin me forever with free accounts but seems to download instatly with pay versions.

Hola
August 25th, 2004, 17:30
Ok I found a premiun account and it finally dled. Anyways there was no sound *shrugs* and it ran rather slow. The enemies where a little hard to hit but its defanitly visually pleasing more so than the real halo to me.