PDA

View Full Version : Hackimii News - Wii Hardware: Photos needed!

wraggster
July 6th, 2009, 22:10
Bushing posted this request/newspost on Hackmii:

I’m working on another post about the history of hardware revisions on the Wii, but am having trouble collecting the data that I need.

I’ll give more info about all of this in my next post, but in brief — I have only ever seen three PCB revisions on the Wii:

C/RVL-CPU-01 vs C/RVL-CPU-30:

C/RVL-CPU-20:

From C/RVL-CPU-20

The PCB revision ID is found in the lower-right of the PCB, below the “Nintendo” logo. I would be interested in any photos people can give me of the PCBs of their Wii, particularly if

The heatsink is removed, and all of the writing on the two large chips (Hollywood and Broadway) is readable
The Wii was purchased in 2009 and/or is “unsoftmoddable” / “LU64+” / has boot2v4
Any more details you can provide along with the picture would be appreciated — specifically, console ID, boot1 and boot2 versions, approximate date of purchase, serial number printed on outside of Wii. I won’t publish this info individually, but I’m trying to show how the progression over time matches up with the software changes in my previous post.

You can either post the info and photo links here as comments, or email them to me at bushing at gmail.

Thanks!

http://hackmii.com/2009/07/wii-hardware-photos-needed/

djdynamite123
July 7th, 2009, 00:38
Hack*i*mii lol :D