PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft expands Xbox Live movie content

wraggster
April 12th, 2006, 18:19
Multi-picture deal secured with Paramount Pictures

Significantly expanding the range of content available through Xbox Live and creating a unique cross-marketing initiative, Microsoft and Paramount Pictures have unveiled the new Xbox Movie Showcase service.

Beginning with the release of an HD trailer for Paramount's forthcoming summer blockbuster, Mission: Impossible III, the Movie Showcase will offer the rapidly expanding Xbox Live community a selection of free-to-download content that includes film trailers, exclusive themes, graphics and customisation content for the Xbox 360.

Additionally, featured movie stars including Jack Black (star of the forthcoming Nacho Libre, the trailer and digital content for which is soon to appear on Xbox Live) will also be taking part in Microsoft's community-based "Game with Fame", where gamers can enter for a chance to play an online game with their favourite celebrity.

Aaron Greenberg, group marketing manager, Xbox Live, commented: "Paramount shares our commitment to providing an entertaining and meaningful gaming experience for Xbox gamers. We're excited to be starting out on this multi-picture campaign and look forward to continuing to provide compelling entertainment experiences to gamers everywhere."

As part of the agreement, Paramount DVDs will also be promoted in Xbox 360 kiosks using a Digital Entertainment Lifestyle video in over 30,000 retail stores worldwide.

Gerry Rich, Paramount's president of worldwide motion picture marketing, added: "This ground-breaking agreement takes interactive marketing and digital entertainment to new heights, representing the perfect match between gamers and the summer movies they can't wait to see."

Microsoft's Xbox Live service, which is an integral part of the multimedia and community features of the Xbox 360 console, has achieved tremendous success so far, boasting a subscriber base of more than 2 million consumers worldwide, which continues to grow each day. According to the Microsoft, Xbox Live is used to send more than 600,000 text messages each day, and its Marketplace service has recorded over 10 million content downloads to date.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16081

SmashinGit
April 12th, 2006, 20:41
I couldn't imagine not having Xbox Live, it does increase the overall experiance. I probably play more online via my Xbox and Xbox 360 than I do on my pc.