PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Brain Age pre-orders soar

wraggster
April 12th, 2006, 17:56
Pre-orders for the Nintendo DS mental exercise game Brain Age have soared on buzz of daily training that can keep brains in shape.
On Monday's Amazon.com Computer and Video Games sales charts, Brain Age leaped from #135 to the #5 position.

The game will be released to retail next week in the U.S.

The Brain Age series has sold 3.3M units to date in Japan in a craze that has consumers who normally shy from video games participating in computation, memorization, and identification tests.

Brain Age is inspired by a book written by Professor Ryuta Kawashima. Kawashima explains to players that like a human body, the brain can exercise through quick, simple exercises in reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Nintendo will release the follow-up to Brain Age, called Big Brain Academy next month.

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=2276

Darksaviour69
April 12th, 2006, 18:04
as i said before i don't think that this will be a big hig in the west, part of the reason its a big success in japan is a cultural thing, and this game is the "it" thing of the mo here. having said that, the success there as got the game on the font page of some tablots in the uk... that sort of publisaty will really help it....

i think it would be good for the game industry as a whole if it does do well, something different, instead of FPS, Racing games and RPGs ruling the charts