PDA

View Full Version : Ready for B&Q: The Game?

wraggster
July 9th, 2009, 14:14
Home improvement giant B&Q wants to make its very own video game, CasualGaming.biz sister site MCV understands. A reliable source close to the firm told MCV that it is on the hunt for a studio to create an ‘instructional-style’ DS game or a ‘pure fun game based on DIY jobs for the Wii.’
The decision to develop a game follows the successful launch of the company’s first How to DIY DVD, which is available to buy in-store and online.
“It may seem bizarre to see a retailer ‘cross the floor’ in this way,” said a trade insider.

“But when you consider how mainstream instructional and self-help games have become, especially on DS, suddenly B&Q’s plan doesn’t seem so wacky.”
When contacted about the proposed idea, a company spokesperson told MCV that B&Q is currently “not in discussions to do anything in the gaming industry.”

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/28881/Ready-for-BQ-The-Game

ChuckMcB
July 9th, 2009, 16:03
WiiPaint...including a roller attachment for your Wi remote, perhaps?

That game will site half opened in my front room for a month before my wife gets someone from Yellow Pages to play it for me....

wraggster
July 9th, 2009, 16:07
yeah i wonder if they will have a grout the tiles mini game, be better than watching paint dry