PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Wii 'Possible' But 'Not Likely'

wraggster
July 9th, 2009, 22:12
Capcom sure does love teasing Wii owners. First with Street Fighter 4, and now with Resident Evil 5.

Producer Masachika Kawata told NowGamer Resident Evil 5 could be done on the Wii, with the only exception being the obvious graphical downgrade.

"Hypothetically speaking, the Resident Evil 4 engine would work perfectly for replicating the gameplay but we would never be able to recreate the graphical quality," said Kawata. "A gun shooting game like Darkside Chronicles makes much more sense for Wii so, in short, Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition isn't likely to happen."

But Kawata just couldn't stop there; he had to leave us all with a cliffhanger.

"Having said that," he said. "Cavia [the developer] has surprised us with the quality of graphics in Darkside Chronicles, so it may actually be possible after all…"

Oh, Capcom. We love your games. We really, really do. But please, stop teasing us.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/100/1002347p1.html

wolfpack
July 10th, 2009, 23:40
*Waves fist at capcom*
Quit teasing!

RE5 on the wii with multiplayer functionality = win.
If this DOES ever happen, I will be in drool land.

duckharding30
July 11th, 2009, 14:07
of course it would work on wii hell it would work on the ****ing gamecube since re5 only claim to fame over re4 is the graphics, the feel of the game the sounds and even actual enemy animations and behaviour is so similar to re4 code you would not be the first to think they just heavily modified the re4 engine to work on next gen consoles. ditch the ****ed up ai controlled partner but keep the option for two actual human players and u r in resident evil 5 heaven. I actually love both re4 and re5 its just that i hate capcom ****ing us all around with this will we or wont we port re5 bullshit

Tzgames
July 11th, 2009, 17:10
I hate that I believe it would up the wii playing experience by a lot but thats my opinion in the matter.