PDA

View Full Version : next iris

cameron8
April 13th, 2006, 00:45
psmonkey, when is the next iris coming out or at least tell me your progress on it plz :)

PSmonkey
April 13th, 2006, 00:57
well, umm. Its about the same since I started m64.

There is 3d box collission now vs just checking direction collision. There is slope suport in collission (so you can go up and down slopes and not get stuck). There is surface clipping (with bugs sadly) that allow for maps to be made the right way. There is Jumping now (no ducking yet).

I still will like to add 3rd person style looking up and down with out lover looking. I still want to fix clipping bugs. I might do lightmaps again if posible (need to add into clipping code). I might add ducking/crouch. I might add a 3d obj for when you fire the gun vs a red square. I need to fix AI (biggest problem).

Umm few other things i cant think of.

Im on break for a week but iris is comming up on the list. There is alot of demand from the moders and sadly m64 will have to wait so i can finish the update to iris.

nightmare666
April 13th, 2006, 07:33
psmonkey are you thinking oof sending your iris update game for the copetition or is that over
anyways i been thinking if you could make the 3rd person veiwing like socoms style for the psp or not what to you think
anyways when will the competition be over if there is any

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 12:51
Im on break for a week but iris is comming up on the list. There is alot of demand from the moders and sadly m64 will have to wait so i can finish the update to iris.

i dont care if m64 or iris comes out first or last
there both good enough to keep me occupied untill the other one comes out

MonoLoco
April 13th, 2006, 22:45
PSMonkey...Iris has a great deal of potential, and I don't of course speak for everyone else here, but I think moving to a first-person perspective, or at least having that option in-game, would be a huge step forward. Actually...I guess I'd be fine with just a crosshair, lol. Either way.

Gray Fox
April 14th, 2006, 16:32
i dont understand why everyone wants it 1st person, 3rd person games is the coolest

MonoLoco
April 14th, 2006, 18:36
Well, the problem I have with it all is...the graphics are amazing, the AI is bad but tolerable, but the gameplay consists of slowwwwwly turning, and then guessing and hoping that you're aiming at the right spot. It's shallow, but make it in first person and this same simple action would seem far more satisfying...and you'd be able to actually aim...

BrooksyX
April 14th, 2006, 19:07
why not just add the option to have both like on starwars battlefront 2

Produkt
April 14th, 2006, 22:47
I'd like to see a socom arranged thirdperson... the camera angle is set up for the current system...

Things will evolved though

MonoLoco
April 15th, 2006, 01:29
I'm okay with it staying in third-person if the controls become slightly more responsive and he adds a crosshair...but I'm confident that PSMonkey will make the right decisions, he's gotten this far.