PDA

View Full Version : NDS: Zelda Homebrew Platform game

lupidan
April 13th, 2006, 11:09
Hi, my name is Lupi, or lupidan ;). Just wanted to show some screens of my NDS project.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/lupidangame/images/screensZelda/ZeldaDS.PNG
http://usuarios.lycos.es/lupidangame/images/screensZelda/ZeldaDS2.PNG

This is my first project for the NDS. It's a Zelda platformer. I'm doing my best with this game. I have already Implemented:

-> Collision system for any map of any size
-> Level system, every level is a .c file with it's images. Easy Level change. I can do as many levels as I want :D
-> Bombs that hurts the hero when exploding
-> Arrows Implemented
-> Most of the swords attacks implemented, normal, in the air and spin attack in the floor and in the air.
-> Title screen
-> Life system with hearts just like in traditional Zelda
-> Lots of sounds for the hero
-> 8 direction boomerang with a well done movement :)

Credits to Semijuggalo for his awesome Link sprites

I haven't yet decided the name, so let's call this game "Zelda Platformer" :P

Visit my Website (http://usuarios.lycos.es/lupidangame/) to see any updates or the vote in the poll :D

Thanks for your feedback.

wraggster
April 13th, 2006, 15:16
excellent screens and fantastic news, moved the news to the Nintendo DS News Site :)

DimensionT
April 13th, 2006, 16:26
OOOoooooo... Zelda. Drool Lol. It's a very intresting premise for a game. Keep up the good work.

cnt2010
April 13th, 2006, 16:42
:eek: :D This is amazing! Platform Zeldas are my favorite!!!...Well, there was only 1, but it was way underrated. This will be a very good game especially with the use of items and weapons. Consider me from now on to be a loyal fan.

lupidan
April 13th, 2006, 16:55
Thanks for all the feedback :)
Now I'm doing a enemies engine so I can create an enemie with just a function. I'm working very hard to get the engine done, once that it will all be creating levels.

I plan to release a demo once I have the basics and the tutorial level done ;)

Vegetable
April 13th, 2006, 18:05
Well, there was only 1, but it was way underrated.

Three, actually.

cnt2010
April 13th, 2006, 19:04
Three, actually.
That would be the CDI Zeldas, right?
Yeah, I guess you could count them. :p

I can't wait for the demo. Lupi, you are awesome.

Öhr
April 13th, 2006, 21:01
you know that it is illegal, or do you have the license of nintendo to use links name???

the letters look like the ones in dslua...

Praxis
April 14th, 2006, 03:57
If he doesn't sell it for money then it is fine that he uses Link's name IIRC.

kichigai
April 14th, 2006, 09:13
*remembers the chrono cross remake fondly*

too bad that was shut down, even though it was to be a free title too, utilizing the unreal engine.

your treading on soft ground. hope it works out tho. looks great.

btw...are those modified megaman zero sprites? :P

lupidan
April 14th, 2006, 11:20
Those sprites are from a website, Spriters Resource, a person named Semijuggalo made them, and yes, I yhink they are based on Megaman Zero Sprites.

And no, it's not illegal, there is also a webpage with lots of Zelda games in progress for the PC and as long as you don't sell it is perfectly legal. www.zfgc.com <--

DimensionT
April 14th, 2006, 16:33
This and other games like this are about as illegal as a 5 year old kid tracing a picture of a Pokemon or something and giving it to his mom. OMG!!! That kid just stole a copyrighted picture and gave it away for free!!! Put him in jail!!! Lol...

The analogy used does not reflect my opinion on the quality of Lupidan's work. :p

Gamelver
April 14th, 2006, 22:48
oooh...looks great :).

you should definitely use some Zelda II music, though :D. mmmm......Zelda II....and...*bleargh*...Zelda CDI :p.

never played those (CDI zelda games), actually, but I seem to remember them looking like crap, and supposedly being played so as well.

RedKing14CA
April 14th, 2006, 23:23
A reason to buy an NDS... maybe ill get one after i get my PC built....

GaMeR_2000
April 17th, 2006, 21:33
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Major love for my main man Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks amazing!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Shervin112
May 11th, 2006, 06:02
*remembers the chrono cross remake fondly*

too bad that was shut down, even though it was to be a free title too, utilizing the unreal engine.

your treading on soft ground. hope it works out tho. looks great.

btw...are those modified megaman zero sprites? :P

yea it looks RLY familiar. but i dont care that game was hella good and ran fluidly. if u can do that on this game it would be 10x better then mega man.

i love the look of the game so far. i took a look at ur website and its all spanish :| w/e, just keep up the updates mayne. cant w8 for this game.

PS: if u want some good zelda music go to this website www.ocremix.org it has a bunch of remixed zelda songs. my fave is gerudo peeples and it would be SO sick if u put that in the game. ;) good luck.

DeclanM
June 1st, 2006, 19:06
how did u make it dude? i mean wat program :D

The Hombrew Hunter
June 14th, 2006, 04:41
They must be. They are COOL though. A sprite comic uses them. The sword and standing made it clear, that's MMZ.

justicejj91
June 16th, 2006, 02:19
while were on the subject of zelda, someone should try to port Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask as a DS homebrew...

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:32
whew, that'd be something. Its not exactly legal, is it?
But thats a cool idea.

shadowking
July 26th, 2006, 04:22
sweet. ima zelda fan so ima surely play dis game lol. o and like kichigai said, those do look like edited megaman sprites lol, it has da same movement style. who cares tho it looks nice. great job :D

lexluthor
July 26th, 2006, 10:31
Nintendo have no right to shut him down. Its not like this game is going to in anyway effect their sales. Whilst it may be played by a fairly large homebrew audience in comparision to the genral DS owning public.. thats tiny.

masterpaul
July 26th, 2006, 15:14
The ground graphics that you using... don't match.
I'm sure that you could find better graphics for that.

And if you can't find better graphics I could help you. Just PM me.

ACID
July 26th, 2006, 15:24
Man this looks nice kudos

TrevorBoyd
August 1st, 2006, 13:23
me and my brother cannot wait for a demo of this game.(we just got our Supercards.) I think it looks nice....just please put out a demo soon!!!

thanks,

TrevorBoyd

lupidan
August 1st, 2006, 23:50
Hi, Lupi here.
I'm soon releasing a demo, very soon, I'm now working so hard to get a nice demo done.

Cya ;)

The Hombrew Hunter
August 2nd, 2006, 00:39
WOOOOO Can't wait for full version!

Wow, you're the only coder on this game...You rock!

AND, since I have 210 MB left, I can fit it on WOO!

lupidan
August 5th, 2006, 02:24
OK GUYS, I UPLOADED A DEMO
More info in my website:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/lupidangame/

I want to send this new to the admin, how to do it? :confused:

Junixx
August 5th, 2006, 04:32
I am waiting to to download this game :)

About sending to admin, i think you can post something in the "Submit News" forum

~Edit~

Ok, it wouldnt play on my GBAMP, but i played it in Dualis and i must say it is a very good demo!

nights0223
August 5th, 2006, 09:47
Awesome demo. I have been following your progress for a while, and I must say, I am most impressed. Everything works so smooth (well, except the sword swinging animation, heheh). I can't wait til the game is completed. Nice work.

lexluthor
January 2nd, 2007, 18:37
Has there been any more work on this.. outside the demo. It looked to be such a great release. Hope it hasnt died out like so many other great projects..

Flawless_2007
January 9th, 2007, 01:09
Now there needs to be a smash bros...lol

Zure123
September 2nd, 2007, 17:51
actually there is one smash bros but its a tactical game ^^