PDA

View Full Version : BBA & speccyal k ?

tyrell
July 30th, 2004, 05:17
In the next weeks I should receive a BroadBand Adapter (it cost me a lot of money btw ;) ). Someone suggested me that it could be used to browse and download games directly from (e.g.) wos. What do you think about this idea ? Can it be done ?

_tyrell_

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 06:26
Is that legal?

MetaFox
July 30th, 2004, 07:17
In the next weeks I should receive a BroadBand Adapter (it cost me a lot of money btw ;) ). Someone suggested me that it could be used to browse and download games directly from (e.g.) wos. What do you think about this idea ? Can it be done ?

_tyrell_It's possible. Sam Steele (c99koder) did this for his DreamZZT interpreter. You used the BBA to connect to a site to download the small games the interpreter uses.

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 07:46
okay i guess it is but again i am on dial up and wish to use that

curt_grymala
July 30th, 2004, 09:15
Is that legal?

It is, but only because World of Spectrum (WOS) carries only PD roms (of which there is a huge library for the Spectrum).

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 10:05
Oh thats cool i never knew that so thats PD system?

tyrell
August 16th, 2004, 05:21
I got my broadband adapter (cost me a *lot* of money btw :() ! Now I can start looking if I can add support for online games browsing. I suppose it would be a feature not very widely used (the number of bba owners must be very low) but still it could be interesting no ?

wraggster
August 16th, 2004, 13:44
a very interesting feature :)

its a shame we cant make homebrew BBAs