PDA

View Full Version : Networking Changes from 1.5 to 2.0

Adduc
April 13th, 2006, 22:38
I've noticed that after downgrading my psp I couldn't detect my school's wireless access points, yet in 2.0 I can.

Does anyone know if the PSP networking code was updated to include Wireless Channels in network detection? I noticed it's lacking in specifying manually the network. Did 1.5 have the ability to detect networks on channels other than channel 6?

gotmilk0112
April 14th, 2006, 11:44
i dunno. mabey u should upgrade back to 2.0 untill someone figures this out. just use fanjita's E-loader "Super Bock"!!! its great. i use it on my 2.60 and cant get enough ToeJam N' Earl or Tetris (original gameboy version!!!) :D

Accordion
April 14th, 2006, 15:29
the only changes between network options from 1.5 and 2.0 that I know of is that the only wi-fi security 1.5 can handle is WEP(Wired Equivelant Privacy- 64or128bit) but if you update to 2.0 both WEP and WPA(Wi-Fi Protected Access)

It is possible your school uses WPA so the 1.5 cant detect the network.

If the school wi-fi network has no security...
well sorry no idea as far as I know thats the only change in network(other than lack of browser)

kxkid
April 14th, 2006, 16:43
do i need GTA: LCS to use super brock and any homebrew games and emulators on my psp 2.5

stotheamuel
April 14th, 2006, 16:50
yes u need gta lcs to use it

and it would be pointless with out the homebrew games

thats like having car keys and no car