PDA

View Full Version : Cydia Store, gpSPhone, and ZodTTD

wraggster
July 11th, 2009, 21:25
Some rather illuminating news from zodttd:

There are those that say everything on jailbroken devices and Cydia, the package distribution system, are meant to be free. The reason for jailbreaking is to do what you please on the device you purchased. If people want to sell their products on Cydia, they have Cydia Store. This all fits well into the definition of jailbreaking. Jailbreaking does not mean free or warez.

After speaking to those involved in the gpSPhone project, we have decided to place it on Cydia Store. Now updated to v6.0.1, it is well beyond a beta and is a fully featured product with a year of development behind the iPhone version alone. It has taken a lot of effort to bring a fast and robust Gameboy Advance emulator to the iPhone & iPod Touch. Though there’s still more work to be done. By placing on Cydia Store, this is a huge incentive to get work done to the actual emulation core. Perhaps this can lead to even more performance increases and bug fixes within games by Camelot. There will be better support for cheats as well. I also plan to introduce a better method for controlling games.

Before placing gpSPhone on Cydia Store, I spent my time implementing a method to automatically authenticate people who donated specifically for the previous gpSPhone download. Downloading gpSPhone for these users is as simple as tapping Install. I have done all that I can to automatically authenticate those who supported this project.

The response (more like threats) I’m getting on my own site for this choice made, is quite saddening. I have an inbox of hateful emails. I have been providing a large selection of software for the jailbroken iPhone & iPod Touch since the first jailbreak was done. I have always been there to give access to betas for free for those who could not donate as well. Basically, don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

I really appreciate the dedication of the members who have kept by my side. I’m going to take the time to really show those who support this site that I truly care. My next action will be to clean up this site. I am getting some moderators in place and I will have those who are being disruptive be removed. I want this site to be a friendly place. Once things are in order I can bring in more front page articles, news, and releases.

Time to make this site shine!

ZodTTD

http://www.zodttd.com/blog/2009/07/10/cydia-store-gpsphone-and-zodttd/