PDA

View Full Version : Uberjack News - Taking a break

wraggster
July 11th, 2009, 22:38
Uberjack posted this on his site:

As many of you may have noticed, things have been going slow lately. I’m taking a break from PSP development, and trying other worthwhile things, like web development (another big hobby of mine), and wasting whatever free time I have on books and Xbox Live. If there is another release, it will be most likely in the form of an update to Atari800 PSP, to bring it up to date with the latest release of the emulator. Since it’s been a while since the last version came out, a lot needs to change in the user interface department, to make Atari800 PSP compatible with the latest version of psplib. This has been part of the reason for delay/procrastination.

Something that I’ve been considering lately is porting Game & Watch simulators to the PSP. I’m not aware of any currently out for the PSP, and I can imagine it being something quite enjoyable on a portable platform. Given a solid enough set of simulators, they may be easier to port than emulators, since sophisticated menus are not needed for a G&W unit.

http://0xff.akop.org/2009/07/10/taking-a-break/

Mr. Shizzy
July 12th, 2009, 01:07
I like the Game & Watch emu idea.
I'll be watching for it :D

Ziim
July 12th, 2009, 17:57
There is a Game and Watch Parachute simulator out. Its one of my favorites. More would be very welcome :)