PDA

View Full Version : PSP version of Myst hitting PlayStation Network July 16

wraggster
July 12th, 2009, 01:08
We know you've probably bought Myst eight or nine times by this point, but we thought you'd still like to know that a new iteration will soon be available -- this time, for the PSP. Hoplite Research, who collaborated with the adventure game's original developer Cyan Worlds to put the game on DS in December 2007, is dropping the game on the PlayStation Network next Thursday. Much like the DS version, the PSP port will contain all the Myst non-action you know and love, as well as the bonus Rime Age that appeared on Nintendo's handheld.

What the press release that revealed all this information lacked, however, was a price. We've contacted Hoplite to try and discern this crucial piece of information. We'll let you know as soon as we find out.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/11/psp-version-of-myst-hitting-playstation-network-july-16/

Zargon
July 12th, 2009, 09:45
Wasn't this already released for the psp? I know that a UMD version of the game was already released somewhere... Just seems kinda pointless to think that people who want the game wouldn't have already bought it

jamotto
July 12th, 2009, 20:29
I know that a UMD version of the game was already released somewhere.

It was released in Europe.

osgeld
July 13th, 2009, 04:43
Myst is one of those crap FMV games that just happened to just have enough game play (and i use that term loosely in this case) to never die and go away

I never liked myst, it was the first cd rom game i ever owned, and i remember it fondly

being board out of my mind, clicking pictures with a bad story and worse "actors"

I quit playing it promptly and went back to wing commander and mechwarrior

back on topic, I payed 2.50$ for myst on pc a couple years after it was released as some white sleeve oem copy, im sure as hell not going to pay 10+ for it now 16+ years later

the second cd rom game I ever bought was battle chess delux, and sure enough its still installed to this day

jamotto
July 13th, 2009, 05:50
Myst a slower paced game that's for sure. It certainly does not cater to the the twitch finger gamers.
Anyways for those who have not tried it realMyst was a nice improvement on the original game.

emusa
July 13th, 2009, 10:11
Meh... got it for iPhone and it's great with a touchscreen. Don't think the PSP version will be any better.