PDA

View Full Version : Madmen completing every Mario game for charity

wraggster
July 12th, 2009, 18:02
We love Mario. We mean, we're somewhat contractually obligated to, being huge nerds and all. Still, there's certain stages in the core Mario games that are simply excruciating to play -- we usually skip them during our nostalgic romps. That's why we can't help but admire the efforts of three men who are playing through every Super Mario title -- collecting every star, completing every level and Shining every Get! (Err -- getting every Shine.)

They're not doing this for fun, of course -- for the second year in a row, they're running through this "Mario Marathon," collecting donations for Child's Play. They've already been at it for two days -- but with the team yet to totally complete Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, then Super Mario Galaxy again (as that totally secret character), there's a lot of ballgame left to be played.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/12/madmen-completing-every-mario-game-for-charity/

Eviltaco64
July 12th, 2009, 22:11
I've played through a good portion of the Mario games, myself (Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. 1/2/JP 2/3, Mario World, Mario Land 1/2, and Mario 64). But playing them all through one after another looks pretty difficult. Keep up the good work, I guess.

VampDude
July 12th, 2009, 22:21
Completing all the NES/SNES/GameBoy Mario games is the easy part, though the challenge enters onwards from the Nintendo 64 range of Mario games to the Wii range... Which is where they became somewhat more challenging. :cool:

djdynamite123
July 13th, 2009, 00:06
I think i would get severely bored and say no.

VampDude
July 13th, 2009, 11:50
I think i would get severely bored and say no.

That is because you aren't a true gamer... A true gamer like myself (probably even Eviltaco64), wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play all the Mario games.

:cool:

djdynamite123
July 13th, 2009, 12:18
rofl, your'e right i'm not i'm a on/off casual gamer, i don't have the time for it, sadly :/ if i so have time i usually play BF2 on PC online or conduit, mario kart wii and that's about it now :(

kevenz
July 13th, 2009, 14:20
a true gamer? you mean someone with no family? :P

djdynamite123
July 13th, 2009, 14:26
a true gamer? you mean someone with no family? :Plmao that's my idea of a true gamer someone with no life. hehe

VampDude
July 13th, 2009, 17:36
rofl, your'e right i'm not i'm a on/off casual gamer, i don't have the time for it, sadly :/ if i so have time i usually play BF2 on PC online or conduit, mario kart wii and that's about it now :(

I have much time for games, mainly in the evenings and weekends... Mario Kart Wii quite often finds itself being played throughout my week. :cool:

a true gamer? you mean someone with no family? :P

Gamers have families, just like those who are non-gamers... Just the gamers tend not to socialize with other family members, in favour of videogames.

Or that could just be me? :rolleyes:

lmao that's my idea of a true gamer someone with no life. hehe

Gamers have a life, just not a very social one... There aren't many people who like to talk about games as much as a gamer, which is something I found out growing up. :eek: And it shattered my tiny little world. lol