PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime: Hunters Review by Wraggster

wraggster
April 15th, 2006, 02:43
Metroid Prime: Hunters Review

Awesome FPS game for the NintendoDS

Suppliers

Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=274&products_id=5522&lsaid=219793) US$ 44.90 (~25.63 GBP)

Screenshots

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/ds-metroid-hunters-us26.jpg

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/ds-metroid-hunters-us2.jpg

Description

Experience the ferocious first-person action of the Metroid Prime universe on the Nintendo DS, Metroid Prime Hunters. Hone your skills against a slew of enemies in single-player training modes like Regulator, Survival and Morph Ball, then put them to the test when you compete in Death Match arenas with your friends over a wireless connection. Multiple control schemes take full advantage of the DS touch screen, giving all gamers an ideal way to play.

The Review Itself

First off i dont like most First Person Shooter games because the controls are rubbish, one of the main reasons i hated Half Life on PC was because of the controls. Now when i started this game i was horrified to find out it used simliar controls but having the touch screen changes everything.

The graphics are excellent although i didnt think they were as polished as some of the screenshots i spotted on websites before the release of the game, back to the controls, now i always thought that the DS would be excellent for RTS games and especially if any of you have played Warfare Inc on the Tapwave Zodiac you will know that the DS can do more and better than that. But anyway the use of the stylus leads to revolutionary gameplay and makes a genre i usually cant stand a joy to play, the ease of movement and precision when i needed it made this a much much better game in my eyes and im no fan.

Single player mode is good well infact very good but the action is in Multiplayer and Wireless Play, if you have mates or a wireless connection then you are in gameplay heaven, to think a few years ago we dreamed of this type of gaming and now Nintendo have made it a reality.

Comments

I can honestly say that im not a big fan of FPS games and the crap control systems they have but this with the use of the stylus was out of this world.

Yet again Nintendo come up trumps and if you have a Wifi connection, you can enjoy this game at its very best.

Overall i would give it a 9/10 excellent

Cooe14
April 15th, 2006, 03:12
I totally aggre with your review the multiplayer is great. Add a LOT people to your friends list, and you are in portable FPS heaven complete with 7 game modes, 7 different characters, over 20 maps, and type chat and VoIP ( only before and after matches with friends though).

Vegetable
April 15th, 2006, 05:34
Multiplayer is all this game has going for it. It's not like Metroid Prime or any of the older 2D Metroid games. It's basically taken every aspect of the Metroid series that was fun and threw it out the window in favor of Quake-style gameplay.

modcase
April 15th, 2006, 19:32
PC FPS's (aka CSS) too hard to control? I somehow find that a bit hard to swallow. The controls in this game were easy for me to pick up and in fact its one of the best ways to control a FPS on any console imho (...waits for flame)

GaMeR_2000
April 18th, 2006, 01:41
I saw that you liked my MPH review and yours if off the hook too!!!!

shuaib
August 13th, 2006, 19:16
Can Every1 1 With Metroid Add Me To There Freind List Cas I Hant Played That Yet My Code Is 2706-5919-3572 Post A Reply Telling Me Your Code Aswel Plz

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 19:18
Sorry I don't have this game yet shuaib, but Wraggster's review is pursuading me :)
Thanks for the review!

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 19:22
I can't wait to try this,gotta get a DS first though.I have had similar problems with FPS as you Wraggster with one exception Metroid prime and Metroid prime2.I usually prefer fighting or action adventure games.

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 19:24
NoQuarter, get a DS Phat, its cheaper, has better buttons, and is better for "hardcore" games :cool: